Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Editor UI completely broken and unresponsive in Fullscreen mode

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by TheMK-_-, Feb 25, 2024.

1. TheMK-_-

TheMK-_-

Hi,

I just downloaded 2022.3 LTS. But for some bizarre reason in full screen mode the Editor UI is completely unusable. Which is a massive hindrance to work as i often bounce in and out of full screen mode.

video -

Do you know of any quick fixes for this, or why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance.

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

You seem to be showing only 3rd party assets here. I see Flow Canvas, an in-editor script editor, and as far as I know the fullscreen mode must be an asset, too. I'm not aware of any built-in fullscreen mode provided by the editor.

Best thing you can do is to make sure you have the latest versions of these assets. And check if they mention any known issues.

If that doesn't fix it, create a new project with this editor version and add the fullscreen asset to see if it works fine in an empty project. Then add the other assets one by one, and then some of your content. You'll want to figure out where it breaks down, perhaps this might lead to a bug report for one of these assets.

Since you didn't mention the exact patch level, be sure to upgrade to the latest which currently is 2022.3.20f1.

TheMK-_- likes this.
  3. TheMK-_-

TheMK-_-

Yes thank you for getting back to me on this.

So I am using 2022.3.20f1, and on further investigation it is all windows that are affected not just my 3rd party assets like script inspector, flow canvas. The Hierarchy, Project tab, Console etc are not responding to clicks in maximized view (not using a third party asset, just double clicking the tab to maximize), but are fine in normal docked mode. I will try a blank project to see if it is affecting it there or not.

Thanks anyway, I may roll back to a different version if I cant find a solution.

Cheers .

4. TheMK-_-

TheMK-_-

Yep, so I just launched a completely blank URP project, and I can confirm that it is a Unity Bug affecting all windows.

Ironically enough I happen to have the Fullscreen asset-store asset, I had forgotten I had it and just tried it and this actually allows full-screen without this bug affecting it, so if anyone has this issue and the Fullscreen asset, you should be in luck.

Thanks again.

5. Ryiah

Ryiah

Yeah, it only took reading this line to know what was up. I don't think I've ever heard anything positive about the 2022 LTS. If you need an LTS I'd move back to 2021, but if you're fine without it I've been on 2023.1 for work and haven't had any problems.

TheMK-_- likes this.
  6. TheMK-_-

TheMK-_-

Ok that's good to know, ill consider changing if I need.

7. baba_s

baba_s

Hi, I am encountering the same problem with Unity 2022.3.20f1.

Steps to reproduce

1. Open Unity project with Unity 2022.3.20f1
    2. Double-click the tab in the Console window to maximize it
    3. Click on "Error Pause
    4. it does not respond

Supplement

* The following EditorWindow is experiencing problems.
    * Console
    * Project
    * Android Logcat
    * etc.
    * Works fine with Unity 2022.3.16f1.

image80.gif

pyphehe and TheMK-_- like this.
  8. spiney199

spiney199

This appears to be a problem in the latest 2023.2 versions as well (2023.2.11f1 at the time of writing). Pretty shockingly bad bug, honestly.

As anyone reported a bug yet?

TheMK-_- likes this.
  9. pyphehe

pyphehe

Same problem. 2022.3.20