Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

World Building EasyRoads3D v3 - the upcoming new road system

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by raoul, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Noa3

Noa3

a little feature what whish is a automaticly placement of street signs(like a checkbox on a crossing for stop signs or speed signs?). if you need models i will create some in my free time :D

PS: i now the procedural placement but i want a even more easy acces to it. like: place a crossing and decide use automatic placed signs or not.(maybe even read from osm files)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  2. raoul

raoul

Hi Noa3,

Yes, that is planned as a 4th side object type. The exact functionality needs to be worked out as I don't think you want each model listed as a new side object. That could make the list of side objects potentially massive. Or perhaps something similar as how individual side object instances like bridge pillars can be moved quickly along the spline path, but then for prefabs dropped on a road from the project folder.

Stop signs at crossings could also be added to the prefabs in the project folder, http://unityterraintools.com/tutorials/prefab_props.php . They will be part of new instances of the crossing in the scene.

We will add a page on our website with assets provided by users, your models will be added :)

Thanks,
    Raoul

Noa3 likes this.
  3. raoul

raoul

Announcement

The HD Roads Add On made by the NatureManufacture team is now available on the asset store

https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...s/roads/easyroad3d-pro-add-on-hd-roads-118774

It includes advanced PBR road / crossing materials with matching decals for the new v3.1 decal system, a wide range of X, T, Y crossing and roundabout prefabs and road related side objects.

The package was approved a little faster then anticipated. To take advantage of all the package features please first import the latest v3.1 beta available on our website, https://www.unityterraintools.com/download.php . V3.1 will soon be available on the asset store.

Also please note that the special introduction price is currently set to $20. As mentioned in the description, this should have been $15. An update is pending approval by the asset store team.

The NatureManufacture team is currently busy preparing for Unite Berlin later this month. The package will be updated with more materials and assets afterwards. The price will be updated accordingly so you may want to take advantage of this and get the package now, even at $20 :)

For full package details please visit the asset store page:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...s/roads/easyroad3d-pro-add-on-hd-roads-118774

Thanks,
    Raoul

Artomiano and Noa3 like this.
  4. Noa3

Noa3

i got the HD Roads package for 20 :D, can you add later the demo scene to the demo scene?

EDIT: NVM Saw the demo scene now in the package XD
    but can you maybe give the orginal scene with the other packages out? i mean just the scene and i buy the rest myshelf^^

5. raoul

raoul

:)

Just to know who to contact, do you mean all assets in the scene in the first movie (this scene is 10GB+) or the demo scene as part of the package (terrain, terrain shader and vegetation)?

Thanks,
    Raoul

6. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I will prepare file with list of assets so user will get effect after all assets import - same as we did with our forest scene.
    It will be 10mb probably with references only which will be filed after data import.

raoul likes this.
  7. imaewyn

imaewyn

@raoul can I put one road under second? And what should I do if I have road with terrain deformation near another roads? in this case terrain deformation is overlaying another roads....Is there some layers which regulating order for terrain deformation process?

8. Noa3

Noa3

this!
    thx^^

9. raoul

raoul

Hi imaewyn,

It sounds as if in this situation you do not want terrain deformation for the higher road, like a for bridges? The "No Terrain Deformation" checkbox in the marker section controls that. Is that what you need?

The Unity terrain object is grid based. The default road / marker Indent values are based on the minimum distance required to have the terrain align with the road. This is calculated based on the terrains heightmapscale (aize vs heightmap resolution). When these Indent values overlap, one road will either float above the terrain or the terrain will break though the lower road.

So in this case, the sections based on the Indent values should never overlap. These sections can be highlighted through the highlight options in General Settings > Scene Settings, the space bar can be used to toggle them on/off when needed.

A new option "None" will be added for Indent Alignment in v3.2. Which is useful for exactly this situation. Terrain deformation on this side of the road will be ignored. This can be used on the higher road together with a wall side object or terrain surface mesh side object for more terrain detail.

The surrounding values are flexible and can be set to 0.

Thanks,
    Raoul

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  10. imaewyn

imaewyn

@raoul

I've meant situations when one road cross second without connection prefab. And both of roads have similar height

This is my case where two roads are placing close to each other

I've tried to change this parameters but don't see any changes after baking. Also I can only increase indent because default indent value is minimum. And when I changing values I don't see how white transparent surface (like on picture above) change form...

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  11. raoul

raoul

Blue is the road, surrounded by the indent section and the surrounding section. The widths of these sections match the values in the second image.

8.138672 is the minimum Indent distance. This is based on the terrain specs in your scene. The value is rather high, this must be either a large terrain or a lower terrain heightmap resolution.

This limits the options to have two roads near each other. This can be visualized by using one of the Wireframe modes for Scene View shading. There are not enough terrain points available to match the terrain with both road shapes.

As long as these indent surfaces overlap regulating the order for terrain deformation will still result in the same.

Either the terrain heightmap resolution must be set higher or the distance between roads. The other alternative is to customize terrain deformation and create terrain surface meshes through the side object system on the higher road. Looking through the blue surface, are both roads actually dirt tracks? That can still work but it is more complicated. Let me know if you want more info on how to do that.

If increasing the heightmap reslution is no problem, I would try that.

Thanks,
    Raoul

12. Noa3

Noa3

i get by upgradeing easy roads from 3.0.2(?) to 3.1 beta 6 a loading windows stuck on refreshing sideobjects. i belive a sideobject got broken in the scene and i cant do something about this.

the console give me te messaage
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. EasyRoads3Dv3Editor.OQQQOQQCQD.OQDQQDCQDD (EasyRoads3Dv3.ERModularBase scr) (at <7115fbcc7c02430b9883c832921eae50>:0)
    3. EasyRoads3Dv3Editor.OOCCCOOCOC.OnEnable () (at <7115fbcc7c02430b9883c832921eae50>:0)

13. raoul

raoul

Hi Noa3,

Did you create a backup before doing the upgrade? If not, then there is away to bypass the upgrade. Let me know in that case.

Otherwise, can you try the following in the backup:

General Settings > Scene Settings > Refresh Road Network

Does this complete successfully or do you get a similar error? Please backup again first or do not save the scene if there are issues.

How large is your scene? Are all roads / side objects responsive in Scene View?

Thanks,
    Raoul

14. Noa3

Noa3

sadly i have no backup aviable.
    with the refreshing network i got the same window with stuck on "Refresching sideobjects 11 of 16"

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. EasyRoads3Dv3Editor.OOCDOQOCDQ.ODQQQQQODC (EasyRoads3Dv3.ERModularBase scr) (at <d62605e9e0684eda849cf6da924f83f2>:0)
    3. EasyRoads3Dv3Editor.OQQDDDQCDC.OOOQDQDOOQ (EasyRoads3Dv3.ERModularBase scr, EasyRoads3Dv3Editor.ODCDOODOQO eScr) (at <d62605e9e0684eda849cf6da924f83f2>:0)
    4. EasyRoads3Dv3Editor.ODCDOODOQO.OnInspectorGUI () (at <d62605e9e0684eda849cf6da924f83f2>:0)
    5. UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, System.Int32 editorIndex, System.Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1295)
    6. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

the scene shelf is is 115mb big without assets, and with around 5Gb.
    i think i have removed all sideobjects from the streets. in easy roads 3.0.2 i can move the streets and build the scripts and terrian. maybe there is a way to force delete all sideobjects in the scene?

15. U7Games

U7Games

Hi, thanks for the great tool..
    After creating a new road network I select the "Add new road / object button on Inspector Panel, then I click on "Add new Object", an empty shows on scene, but how do I create my road?... I have tried keeping pressed shift and then click but nothing happens.. I´m using 2018.1

Thanks..

16. raoul

raoul

Did you reimport v3.02 in this same project and is the last error related to General Settings > Scene Settings > Refresh Road Network ?

There will be a way to fix this, I can send scripts.

Thanks,
    Raoul

17. raoul

raoul

Hello LawyerOfGod,

The steps are correct and shift + left mouse click should add markers.

Are you using the full version or the free version? The free version does not support multiple terrain objects / tiles. Could that be the problem? In that case adding markers will work on Unity's Terrain.activeTerrain. This can be set by disabling all terrains but one. On that one terrain it should be possible to create roads.

Thanks,
    Raoul

U7Games likes this.
  18. U7Games

U7Games

Thanks for answering Raoul.

I´m using Free version, now worked!.. I have forgot to configure the Road Type while adding new road...

19. raoul

raoul

The default values should be just fine. Anyway, glad to hear you go that working!

Thanks,
    Raoul

20. WildStyle69

WildStyle69

Hi @raoul -- great assets, so much fun and easy to use!

The new HD roads asset is really nice, do you have any addon plans for HD railways?

raoul likes this.
  21. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Raoul,

I have a new project, basically blank, installed version 3.0 and then the latest 3.1.v6b beta. I created 3 road types, all the same except that the sizes are; 10, 20, 30. The first issue is when I attempt to make an X crossing between a 10 and 30 road. It looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/WiBdlU4

Odd isn't it?

But the "big" thing is the following errors. I am not sure atm what is causing them, however at one point I noticed the number of the errors incrimenting while I was doing NOTHING. I wasn't touching the mouse, the keyboard yet the numbers kept going up. I clicked the "Road Network" and the numbers continued to increase, and when I selected another game item the error numbers stopped. Each of the following errors increased in the quantity at the same rate and currently is showing at 1583 for each of the errors.

Hopefully this info is helpful for you. If I get more info, like how to reproduce it I will report back

---------------------------
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    EasyRoads3Dv3Editor.ODQCQCODOD.OnSceneGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2507)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1833)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1663)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:295)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:288)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:255)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    EasyRoads3Dv3Editor.ODQCQCODOD.OnSceneGUI ()
    UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2507)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1833)
    UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1663)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:295)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:288)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:255)

22. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Step by step we will build big library:)

Artomiano and WildStyle69 like this.
  23. raoul

raoul

Hi James,

That is related to a change in the latest v3.1 beta.

Before, the road shape was adapted to the crossing shape in the case the road was not yet connected to a crossing. This was causing a lot of confusion, a dirt track changing to an asphalt road with sidewalks for example.

This is no longer the case in beta 6, the road type will remain the same. Instead the road shape will gradually change shape near the connection like in your screenshot. The advantage is that different road types can be connected to a crossing. Road types can now also be updated for new roads pulled out from crossings. Pull out a new road from an asphalt crossing. This will be an asphalt road which can be turned into a dirt track by changing the road type. That was not possible before.The new start / end decal system can be used for road type transitions / blending like done in the new HD Roads pack.

These are repetitive errors, the same error(s) thrown after each scene view or Inspector update, that is why they count up.

In the middle there is a "GUI Error: " which appears to be related to displaying controls in the Inspector.

Yes, steps to reproduce would be very helpful? What was the scene view / Inspector status at that moment and were all Inspector controls visible?

Thanks,
    Raoul

24. bpdavis2006

bpdavis2006

First of all, I like the concept of this tool. It looks extremely useful. While there are a lot of useful demo videos that are provided, none that I have watched show the roads being used. By "used" I mean, "where is the traffic?" There are a plethora of empty roads. How do vehicles travel the roads? Are there scripts that make this a possibility? Is this left as "an exercise for the reader?"

Also, what is the performance when used with mobile devices? Does it require the latest and greatest or is the product scalable for lower end mobile devices?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  25. raoul

raoul

Hello bpdavis2006,

Thank you! The tool does not include AI for traffic at the moment. It does include a scripting API that gives access to the road data which can be used to have an object follow the road. The main pro package includes a runtime example of that. We also have a simple traffic AI example package available that was contributed by a user. And other users also made it work with other traffic systems.

So all this can already be done one way or another. V3.2 will include an upgrade to the road type system, it will be possible to define lane info. This will simplify AI also near crossings.

The roads can be optimized in various ways, there is for example the Angle Threshold option that will optimize triangulation. More relevant here is, what will your terrain look like? The tool works with the Unity terrain object which doesn't work well on lower end mobile devices. But after the work is done, the terrain could be exported to a mesh and optimized. That is what people always used to do.

Thanks,
    Raoul

26. raoul

raoul

https://forum.unity.com/threads/eas...-new-road-system.229327/page-102#post-3518578

The price change for the HD Roads pack has been approved and is now updated to as initially advertised: Temporary introduction discount offer, $15 USD

Thanks,
    Raoul

JamesWjRose, obstudio and hopeful like this.
  27. Artomiano

Artomiano

Yeah railway... that's my dream since months :p
    So I bought the HD addon... I'm eager to what comes next.

raoul likes this.
  28. bpdavis2006

bpdavis2006

Thanks for this info. My terrain is essentially flat. I won't be using the terrain system, so that shouldn't impact me. The angle threshold should come in handy.

I checked the online docs and saw the pathway accessors.

The product looks promising and the price is certainly fair. If I were paid $0.25/hr, I still wouldn't have the system in place that this asset provides. I look forward to using it.

raoul likes this.
  29. raoul

raoul

If the terrain is no problem then all should be good. It will be a matter of finding out what works best for you.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Thanks,
    Raoul

30. ksam2

ksam2

Does easy roads also removes tree and grass created by vegetation studio? How can I do that?

31. Noa3

Noa3

you need a actual beta of 3.1 and refresh your road network, after you turn under the settings the vegetation studio on.

ksam2 and raoul like this.
  32. raoul

raoul

Like Noa3 mentioned, Vegetation Studio is supported in v3.1. This will soon be released, meanwhile it is available in betas on our website, https://www.unityterraintools.com/download.php

In "General Settings > Terrain Management" you will see Vegetation Studio specific options. Please make sure to toggle on "Active". Road type specific perimeter values can be set in "General Settings > Road Types".

Please also make sure that Vegetation Studio itself is active.

Thanks,
    Raoul

Artaani and ksam2 like this.
  33. ksam2

ksam2

Thanks. please take a look at below pic. It is too obvious that roads are upper than ground if we use any AO or screen space shadow.

Untitled.png

34. bpdavis2006

bpdavis2006

Is it possible to create a road without using a terrain? For instance, creating a road on top of a simple plane or quad? Also, how do I create a road in 2D view (i.e. top-down) ?

Edit: Ok... a terrain object is necessary. No worries. That's ok, I can work around that. As for 2D top-down, I can work around that as well.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  35. raoul

raoul

Hi ksam2,

Not sure actually? Is the road set to cast shadows? Or does that indeed also happen with objects that do not cast shadows? And what is the Raise Level for this road?

In any case, since roads cannot be added directly to the terrain there will be z-fighting which have to be dealt with one way or another. This can be by raising the road network a little bit like in your screenshot or by using a shader with Offset like most of the EasyRoads3D shaders have.

Another solution would be roads with thickness, this can currently be done through the custom prefab system by importing a model with that shape. It can also be be done with code but the built-in crossing system does not support that yet. In v3.2 this will all be built-in.

Thanks,
    Raoul

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Freznosis likes this.
  36. raoul

raoul

Hi bpdavis2006,

The terrain object can be a simple plane, quad or any mesh:

General Settings > Scene Settings > Mesh Terrain

You can drop your mesh in that slot.

Thanks,
    Raoul

37. GOLDY00

GOLDY00

hi first time i have posted here i just bought the package great my i add i don't understand how the side objects part work I'm trying to re create a race track in Victoria Australia and i am and it has the ripple strips in certain parts of the track i don't know how to make it so i can place it beside the track in them certain areas but still be apart of the road .

also i have the main track but I'm trying to make another seperate road that comes of that for the pit lane how do i do this I'm confused thanks again 1 picture is the ripple strip an the other is the start of the pit lane.

Attached Files:

38. raoul

raoul

Hello GOLDY00,

Side objects can be activated / deactivated per road marker. Additionally start / end offsets can be defined to fine tune the position. This is all done in the "Marker Side Objects Settings" section in the Inspector just below the main Marker Settings. Alternatively Start / end offsets can be set in Scene View. The H key toggles this option on/off. Handles to move the side object will be visible when zoomed in enough.

Pit lane type of connections are more Y crossing or highway exit road type of connections. This is being worked on for v3.2. Meanwhile it can be done through the custom prefab system, this is based on imported models. These imported connections will act the same as the built-in crossings.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Raoul

39. GOLDY00

GOLDY00

ok thanks i just don't understand how to make it say a certain part enable then make the spline longer I'm confused

40. raoul

raoul

To get a better idea, can you give an example with more details?

It sounds as if the side object is active on one or more markers, you want to make it longer but not over the full next markers segment, is that the situation? This can be done by increasing the End offset on the last active marker.

Thanks,
    Raoul

41. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Raoul,

In early May someone asked about a "Select All" for selecting all the markers and you mentioned that pressing the S key will do it, and the mentioned it's not available yet. I am running beta 6 and it's a month so I hoped it would be available. It's not working for me (in case the code is in that beta, I thought I should mention it)

So I wrote some code to set ALL the markers in a scene to a value. In case someone needs this I thought I'd share.

Two scripts:
    ------------------------------------
    using UnityEditor;
    using UnityEngine;
    [CustomEditor(typeof(LevelRoadsProcess))]
    public class LevelRoads : Editor
    {
    public override void OnInspectorGUI()
    {
    DrawDefaultInspector();
    LevelRoadsProcess levelRoads = (LevelRoadsProcess)target;
    if (GUILayout.Button("Level Roads"))
    {
    levelRoads.ProcessRoads();
    }
    }
    }

------------------------------------
    //Add this one to your Road Network, adjust the "yValue" and press the button.
    using UnityEngine;
    using EasyRoads3Dv3;
    [ExecuteInEditMode]
    public class LevelRoadsProcess : MonoBehaviour {
    private float yValue = 0.1f;
    public void ProcessRoads()
    {
    ERRoadNetwork roadNetwork = new ERRoadNetwork();
    ERRoad[] roads = roadNetwork.GetRoads();
    foreach(ERRoad road in roads)
    {
    Vector3[] markers = road.GetMarkerPositions();
    for(int i = 0; i < markers.Length; i++)
    {
    markers.y = yValue;
    }
    road.SetMarkerPositions(markers);
    }
    }
    }

raoul likes this.
  42. raoul

raoul

Hi James,

Up until v3.02 the S key did select all markers of a road. In v3.1 this has changed to Shift + S, because the S key by itself can interfere with navigation.

But your script selects all markers on all roads, that is not possible at the moment. :)

Thanks,
    Raoul

43. ChezDoodles

ChezDoodles

44. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Happy to help. I forgot to deal with the Connection Objects, and now have to jet off to Chicago for a few days. I'll update it when I get home.

Again, thanks for a great asset

raoul likes this.
  45. raoul

raoul

Hi ChezDoodles,

EasyRoads3D v3 includes three control types for the curve: Spline, circular and straight.

Biarcs, two consecutive circular arcs, is currently not possible yet but that will be added.

Thanks,
    Raoul

Freznosis likes this.
  46. raoul

raoul

That would probably be useful. :). It is also a good example showing how the editor functionality can be extended through the scripting API.

There is also a ERRoadNetwork.Translate(Vector3 positionChange) method to move the full road network.

Thanks,
    Raoul

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  47. parzival123

parzival123

Hey, I'm new with easy roads 3D pro and do have the following problem: I can't add any conection prefabs to my street or connect one street with another? What do I do wrong? Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Attached Files:

48. raoul

raoul

Hi parzival123,

Looking at the scene view status (a marker is selected) and the Inspector status (all connection prefabs are displayed) you are using v3.02, the version currently imported from the asset store.

In v3.02 selecting a connection from the connections tab will add this new prefab to the scene at the mouse position after Shift + click. Afterwards matching roads can be connected and new roads can be pulled out.

In v3.02 it is possible to attach prefabs directly to the selected road too, matching prefabs are listed lower in the Inspector of the selected road. Selecting one of these prefab will attach and align them with the selected road marker. I think this is what you were expecting to happen after selecting the prefab in the Inspector like in your screenshot?

In v3.1 however, the connections tab will display these matching markers when a road marker is selected, prefabs can be inserted at any marker. So your workflow will work in v3.1. V3.1 is available in betas here https://www.unityterraintools.com/download.php, and will soon be fully released.

Thanks,
    Raoul

49. parzival123

parzival123

Hi Raoul, thanks a lot for your help! I updated to the 3.1 version and it seems to work fine now. I just have two more question: how can I activate the transform? As you can see in the screenshot its deactivated in my easy roads. Furthermore: why isn't there a start/end decal variable in the inspector -> road settings? Thank you again! :)

Attached Files:

50. raoul

raoul

Hi parzival123,

The yellow rectangle will also appear when moving the mouse over a green crossing connection handle. But the Inspector shows that you have the marker selected. So it looks like the free move handle option is activated, a different way of moving markers. This is activated after pressing the M key. To show the Position handle, press W or the Position handle tab in the scene view toolbar, just like for ordinary unity game objects.

Start / End decals is a v3.1 feature. V3.1 is about ready, one small issue needs to be fixed related to activating/deactivating sidewalks on crossings. 3.1 betas are available on our website, https://www.unityterraintools.com/download.php

Thanks,
    Raoul