Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games E-Dustry Alpha Sandbox Tower Defense

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by enerology, May 31, 2020.

?

Does this look fun to play?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both (leave a response in the comments)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. enerology

enerology

Hey everyone, I started this game 9 months ago wanting to learn how to apply coding to a game and to make a game in general. I am finally finished with the alpha version and got it to a playable state. I plan to add a lot more as I was just testing the waters with the engine. Here's a preview of the game and link to a playthrough below.

In summary, its a tower defense game with a (basically) infinite world with custom gear, (basically) infinite skill tree, and 3 unique bosses. Thanks for stopping by!

Here is the link to the playthrough and you can skip ahead to the large base/bosses if you want.

2020-05-24 13-25-15_Moment(2).jpg

2020-05-25 15-28-20_Moment.jpg

2. enerology

enerology

Quick question for anyone that stops by. How much do you care about a game having multiplayer? I was going to implement multiplayer and I am just curious about how much it's needed as a feature.

3. munchou

munchou

Hi!
    Having watched (and skipped a lot because well... 22 minutes...), the game seems quite hard.
    It's hard to tell since there aren't any live explanations and it looks quite big. All those details without knowing what is what isn't appealing (to me), I think a shorter video with some talking would've been better.
    How do one know where the enemies are coming from? We can see the knight going around and fighting, but I didn't anything warning the monsters are approaching.
    To answer your question: that game could be very fun in local multiplayer, especially if it's hard and requires the player to be watching many places at once.
    The graphics are good, although I'm not a fan of the pixelated light effects that make the screen harder to read, but that comes to personal tastes, so...

Good luck!

4. enerology

enerology

Thanks for the feedback! The video just showed people what the game was basically about while I am currently working on the devlogs and trailer to make a lot more explained version (also currently didn't have a microphone). Thank you for mentioning the "How the player knows where and when monsters are coming from" as I nearly forgot to add the notification that something is approaching in the chatbox (Terraria style). Also, the lighting was strictly from hardware restrictions as unity doesn't handle a lot of point lighting sources well, needed insane control over it as for future updates, and I love Terraria's lighting system (personal taste).

Your post was extremely helpful as now know what may be a little confusing in the game and trailer/devlogs.
    Thanks again!

5. enerology

enerology

Hey everyone, I made some more updates!
    • (As mentioned before as a concern) The player now has an achievement system that acts as a small indirect tutorial to guide the player.
    • (As mentioned before as a concern) A message appears in chatbox 3/4 throughout the day on the first day "The safety fo the sun starts to fade..." to basically tell the player that they should start to prepare so they are not caught off guard.
    • (As mentioned before as a concern) There is now a devlog that explains the features/game
    • I also started an Itch.io discussion board to keep updated and directly communicate with me.
    • Fixed very minor bugs and added new magic weapons.
    • I also added some new accessories.

Note: if you want me to add anything to the game. Let me know!
    Thank you Munchou for the top 3 concerns on the list!

6. enerology

enerology

7. enerology

enerology

Update 1.48 just came out with a lot of towers and automation + tons of other features.