Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Dungelot [dungeon crawler] [IOS, ANDROID]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Pixeye, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Pixeye

Pixeye

)
    First of all I've made new showcase video that shows everything I've added in last 2 weeks. Menu, heroes with abilities and so on;-)

I've added initiative ( A person with bigger value of initiative attacks first.
    Also I've added fire spirit It's an ally. When you open enemies you ca n click on this spirit and he will make AOE damage to all mobs. There will be more of different types of spirits.

And for all who wants to play demo version on your desktop:
    PC version
    macOS version

Also I made a group in facebook - link about game;-)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  2. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

absolutely adore the visual aesthetic ^_^ good work man.

3. Pixeye

Pixeye

tnx man!)

btw links were broken;(( fixed them

4. Pixeye

Pixeye

Anyone played already?)

5. Pixeye

Pixeye

Vampire visual progress line

6. Seven

Seven

Big fan of the art style.

7. Pixeye

Pixeye

tnx!;-) Btw WIP of creating dwarf promo pic

8. khan-amil

khan-amil

Just spent ~1h playing the demo, definitively looking forward to playing it on my android :)

Some feedbacks (demo v0.5) :
    - you should add a top margin, as some sprites are cut in the top row.
    - undead sympathy explanation text was not crystal clear, I didn't really understood its effect until i read your post explaining it.
    - the timing to display the game over screen seems a little short, for example when dying with a trap you can only guess why you're dead.
    - If I'm not wrong our heroes level up, having their base stats raised, maybe some sort of level up feedback would be good.

I'm not 100% positive about that, but there may be a bug when using several power runes for the same attack, the attack bonus seems to be permanent.

Other than that, I find the visuals and the feedbacks good.

How many playable characters do you plan to implement?

9. Pixeye

Pixeye

tnx for the feedback!)

-There will be 5 playable characters at start ( we will add more of them later )
    -Yes, there is a bag when using several power runes ( Ill fix it in next showcase )
    -There is no normal level ups, you collect artefacts and they raise your stats.
    -About dying stuff: It's a little incomplete yet;-) I'll do more feedback when you lose.
    -About undead sympathy sorry;-) The huge problem for me right now to make clear translations from rus to eng, I hope to invite a translator when it will be possible.
    - Well, I had top margin but i didn't put in the last version, I ll try to reduce monster sizes to fit cell as I think it's better decision rather than move camera constantly for only one top cell row.

10. khan-amil

khan-amil

"-There is no normal level ups, you collect artefacts and they raise your stats."
    My bad, I thought that the base stats had increased after restarting the game.

Concerning the margin, I think that with the monsters at this size, bigger than the cells, it gives a nice perspective feeling, so I don't know how it will look when resized, I'll tell you when I see it :)

11. Pixeye

Pixeye

Added margin to top ( when you open top cells camera moves up )

12. Pixeye

Pixeye

WOAHHOOO!;-) After ~4 months of developing we finally made it...well not quite as I thought and of course a lot of updates are coming but it's playable and soon will be on IOS devices.

Everyone who wants to look at:
    WEB
    Link
    PC version
    Link
    Mac version
    Link

Please, leave a comment or feedback about game/gameplay/visuals ;-)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  13. Pixeye

Pixeye

Anyone tried?)

14. khan-amil

khan-amil

Just gave it a quick test on Pc.
    The sound effects are nice, but it would be even better with a little ambiant sound or music in game (even if for mobiles its not that important.
    The mecanism and different events in the dungeon are a nice addition to the gameplay, even if the blacksmith minigame seems a little bit generous : I won around 200 gold in my first atttempt.

Good work :)

Any plans for Android?

15. Pixeye

Pixeye

Tnx! I updated game ( fixed a lot of bugs)

Yes, there will be an android version in january I think)

16. Ayrik

Ayrik

This is great! At first I didn't like that the character didn't show up on the map, but I understand why you did it and I think you did a very good job. I'm looking forward to getting it on my Android phone.

17. QuantumTheory

QuantumTheory

This looks like alot of fun! Congratulations on a nice looking game!

18. Pixeye

Pixeye

Ok...!)
    Few changes. I've managed to rebuild balance. Well I think so, but I will test it for a while.
    I've changed hero selection menu.

The game will be separated in 2 parts:

Journey mode ( sort of normal game ) where you explore dungeons having checkpoints each 10 dungeons. All heroes will have separate progression.
    In this mode you will also have chance to find crystals ( ruby ) that gives permanent boosts in hp,at. This will make game progression and balance smooth.

Survival mode ( Hardcore ) - in this mode your heroes stats will be decreased to initial values. Boosts from collected crystals will work though. Monsters will be more tougher and you wont find any crystals in this mode. Death is permanent.

I think this is the only way to balance game right and keep it interesting after playing ~1-2 hr.

19. Pixeye

Pixeye

Btw, I'll be glad if anyone support game at slideDB
    Vote link

20. Pixeye

Pixeye

First update!
    link

Patch Log

Version 1.1

[*]"Speed" stat removed. Monsters always strike first. Exception: using a magic scroll "first strike".

[*]Blue and yellow gems removed.

[*]Balance changed. (Monsters became stronger)

[*]Player can buy swords and hearts in game.

[*]Attack animation speed increased.

[*]In game weapon shop removed.

[*]Heroes description added.

[*]Magic scrolls can be used on enemy archers.

21. Pixeye

Pixeye

WOAH!) I'm pleased to say that Dungelot has been sent to appstore for approval. I't took me ~5 months to make it.

As always you can play web, pc, mac versions from our site - Link

Version 1.2

• iphone version sent to appstore
    • Green jelly monster bug fixed
    • Balance enhancements: game become more friendly to new players.
    • Little game manual added.
    • Credits menu added.
    • iOS game center support added.
    • iOS facebook integration added.

22. Pixeye

Pixeye

While game is still in process of submission to app store I've made an update for other versions.

Click to play

Patch Log :
    Version 1.21

• New hero to unlock!
    • Bug with arena fire mage fixed
    • Bug with arena spells fixed
    • Few minor null reference bugs fixed ( and maybe new one appeared:)
    • Money exploit fixed.
    • Added deaths animation
    • Text descriptions fixed

New hero!

Description
    Is a true beer expert. Relies on his improved stamina to survive. He is also the only man in the world who knows how to make jelly out of slime.

Spell Salvager
    When converting spell scrolls to health, more health is gained and there is a small chance to gain attack power.

Hangover
    Attacks have a chance to stun the target for 2 turns.

BEERINFACE
    Attacks have a small chance to deal extra damage based on the Dwarf's health

23. Myhijim

Myhijim

I LOVE THIS GAME!

Just saying....

If you made a fully fledged RPG (Not dungeon crawler) I would play it non-stop seriously.

Love it :)

Myhi

24. c-Row

c-Row

I just wanted to search the 2DTK thread to resolve a tiny problem, stumbled across your link and can't stop playing now. :D Looking forward to the iOS release.

I discovered a small bug (?) - after being killed by a trap, I was still able to pop up a barrel I had discovered ago. Don't think that's intentional...?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  25. Pixeye

Pixeye

Tnx!)) I will fix that!)

26. c-Row

c-Row

Also, when teleporting an enemy the adjacent tiles seem to be made unblocked despite another enemy being near. In the attached screenshot, I teleported one bat from the circled in tile to the upper left, but the tiles near the other bat should still be blocked, shouldn't they? Or is this intentional? Same for sheeping btw.

Damn it, two hours later and I am still playing. :D

Attached Files:

27. Pixeye

Pixeye

Its a bug, but It's..kinda minor and I did not fixed it yet )))

28. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Ill keep saying it.. Looks F***ING great.

29. mamoniem

mamoniem

what a nice game :)
    i like the game, my only concern for now, just for the background music, it is not looping correctly !
    great game good luck in submitting it !
    btw, you used smoothmoves or just TK2d or which animation tool ?
    m;

30. virror

virror

Please fix the difficulty scaling, right now the game is totally broken with the paladin : /
    How am i supposed to survive if the enemies on the first floor have 5 health and up to 3 attack?
    Because there is no way to start with higher damage than 1 as paladin its currently unplayable after a very short while.
    Came to floor 12, then died hard on floor 2 next : /

Edit: The game is really cool and unique, keep up the good work : )

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  31. Myhijim

Myhijim

Please hurry with the IOS version D:

32. hellcaller

hellcaller

this game is so addictive!

33. Saikobooru

Saikobooru

I agree, it is quite addicting! I like it quite a lot so far, and hope it keeps doing well once it's out on iOS. Though, I do hope an android version is considered(if it hasn't already been mentioned).

34. Pixeye

Pixeye

I worry that iOS version is outdated already in compare with web version, I'll need to send new update fast:)
    Androids will be available in january. ( I hope so )

35. Myhijim

Myhijim

When is IOS version on the app store?

36. AdamWaters

AdamWaters

I spent over 6 hours playing your game last night. I only wanted to burn up 30 minutes, but it is awesome and addicting. You've got something really good here and I can't wait to buy it for real.

Here are some ideas on balancing and change of pace.

-- After level 10 the difficulty really spikes up and the player starts to run out of hearts, gold, and spells really quickly. A bonus level or treasure room would be a good addition after level 10 to give the player a chance to stock up before the ass kicking.

-- As the Vampire I was feasting on those Jelly monsters. Once the undead sympathy and blood sucking are upgraded If you keep your damage low before lvl 9 and attack the Jelly monsters you can increase your health my a good amount. I was using them to gain 30 to 50 health before the lower levels. Then I would upgrade the character.

-- 5 hearts aren't anything compared to the Sword. That extra damage is a must have. If the two items are going to scale up in price together I would make it 8 to 10 hearts.

-- A few of items aren't worth their value if exchanged for hearts. The Attack First spell/item prevents a certain amount of damage if used as the last attack, or you can use it to for hearts and usually it grants more hearts than damage you would avoid. The bonus 50% damage spell/item gave me +7 damage on my best play through, but granted like 7 or 8 hearts, the enemy wasn't doing 8 damage so it's more valuable to take the hearts. Those items do let you stack with your abilities, but they were always the spells/items I got rid of first when I ran out of room.

-- The Ice Prison seems to only trap the enemy for 2 turns. On the third he looks frozen, but attacks back if targeted.

-- Those damn assassins! You may want to introduce the concept of a surprise enemy like the assassin before you through in a surprise enemy that melts your face off with a hot dagger. I hate them. I would suggest giving them lower hp than average since they have high damage and do surprise damage.

-- I didn't pay any attention to traps. I like the idea of them, but they didn't phase me at all.

-- On a rare occasion I could not attack a ranged enemy even though I had a clear path to them. Once it was in the bottom left corner he had a unit to his left and I had to kill it first or I got a "unit is blocked" message. One time after killing a polymorphed ranged unit I couldn't select the squares around him and had to navigate to them a different way.

-- It would be really awesome if you could raise the base stats of a hero for a stupid amount of gold. I love the paladin, but that base 1 damage is pain in the ass and later characters make him pretty much obsolete.

All of the above are just small nit picks, overall the game is fantastic.

37. Pixeye

Pixeye

Tnx a lot for your kind words!

New version is still in development but I can share some news with you! Right now I’ve added initiative and critical chance, I also fixed arena, rewrote loot bag for holding artifacts. The next heroes will be: alchemist, assassin, fool ( joker ). Players also can find their corpse on level they died, finding your fallen hero you get hp, attack points and coins.

About iOS... it supposed to be available in monday but I think it wont be submitted till monday. As I prepare new version I even think to reload game.

38. hellraizerhhh

hellraizerhhh

Stupidly addicting. Is there going to be a cash shop ever? I can see this making absurd amounts of money if there is an in game cash shop to sell items, player skins, coins, health etc

39. Pixeye

Pixeye

I dont know yet. I do have plans on shop for new skins and new tile sets. Right now I'm working on content adding loot and other stuff that you may find in dungeon. But I wont make loot shop out of game session as it can ruin permadeath gameplay.

40. DexRobinson

DexRobinson

This is a really well thought out game. I think the game is so simple and easy to play that it make it very enjoyable. I wish I would of thought of this idea. Good luck to you with this game.

41. hellraizerhhh

hellraizerhhh

Perma death definitely makes an item shop difficult. People will buy things and lose them when they die which basically limits you to selling vanity options or more characters. I figured the point of the game was to always try to beat your personal best. This would be done by collecting coins (or buying them) to make your character more efficient etc

42. Pixeye

Pixeye

Ok) iOS version submitted) waiting for an appstore review.
    android version is on the way.

new version 1.4 available from our site, a lot of new stuff;-) ( loot, 2 new monsters, new class )

43. Pixeye

Pixeye

44. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

awsome! I haven't seen this thread in a while. Congratz on the game pixeye. Ill be downloading it to my phone later today.

45. Pixeye

Pixeye

tnx!!))) hope to release iOS ver soon)

46. khan-amil

khan-amil

Some feedback with the latest android version :

- Feedbacks for the top-row cells are hidden by the ads
    - Sometimes the pop-up window stop before reaching the center of the screen, the text is then unreadable. I'd guess this move isn't framerate independant at some point.
    - A quickSave feature could be great for mobile versions. It'd be great if I could press home to answer a text, then go back to the game, at least load with the same state as when I entered the latest level.
    - The sprite for the level key is drawn over everything, even the pop-up windows for text, unlike the other sprites.
    - Finally, I found the game rather dark on my mobile, but it could be just me, as I was outside and it was sunny..

Still a great game, I'd happily buy it, or you could go freemium and offer people to buy coins to upgrade characters, or to unlock new ones.

47. Pixeye

Pixeye

Full android version is on the market!
    Cheers!

Free version will be resubmitted as I lost auth key. I've disabled ads in game session + added exit button and fixed bugs with padding menu

48. Ayrik

Ayrik

You should probably hide "Dungelot Free" and rename "Dungelot Light" to "Dungelot Lite" :)

49. Pixeye

Pixeye

*($#(*@*$@*$*@$**** What the...) WHY I named it light lol...no more drinks on holidays for me) tnx )))

50. squirr3lz

squirr3lz

i luv the art! its awesome!