Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Download AssetBundle using Addressable?

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by rocktea, Aug 10, 2019.

1. rocktea

rocktea

Hello.

I need to download AssetBundle from the server at some point. I used to just download it with unitywebrequest, then put it in the temporaryCachePath and use it from there.

Now I was told to use addressable in the project. I made a group. I can't add the URL's of the assets I need there, I can only drag and drop the assettes themselves. At the same time, their path contains a local path. But they should not be locally in the project now. If I remove them from the project, they are removed from the group list. I found that I can define a loadpath in the group profile, but so far it doesn't help.

Can I get information on what steps I need to take to download AssetBundle using Addressable?

Thanks.

2. Favo-Yang

Favo-Yang

Addressables introducing a new way to manage assets. You can not place existing asset bundles into the system, and expecting it just work. If you're happy with the old way of packing and distributing assets (webrequest), keep it. If you want to spend time to migrate to the new system, you can start with the package documentation.

unity_bill likes this.