Search Unity

Does Netcode for GameObjects support for cross-project connection?

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by ysleungrockman, Sep 21, 2022.

1. ysleungrockman

ysleungrockman

I am currently migrating an old project (which used Unity 2017.1.1 before) to Unity 2021. In the project, there is one function that it will connect to a LAN server (an app from a different Unity project, through UNET), and the LAN server will send messages in JSON text to command each device connected to carry what action. When I tried to migrate it using Netcode for GameObjects, I made a message handler which will send unnamed message for both client and server and put them on a NetworkObject prefab. The server used StartHost() (so the object will be spawned) and the client connected by using StartClient(). However, when I tested it, the client doesn't seem to connect and there was no object spawned (for the server, the object did spawn though). My question is, does Netcode for GameObjects support this kind of cross-project connection? Or was I just missing something?

2. ysleungrockman

ysleungrockman

Sorry but can anyone at least tell me if cross-project/multi-project connection is possible or not? I really need an answer.

3. ysleungrockman

ysleungrockman

Why am I getting ignored? I just want an answer...

4. bhuvneet

bhuvneet

Stuck with the same problem

5. LaneFox

LaneFox