Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Directional Light Leak

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by rexdefuror, May 26, 2020.

1. rexdefuror

rexdefuror

Hello everyone,

I created lightning that I needed for this scene as well as some shadow detection for directional light, and it all works fine. Unfortunately, on some places (where directional light illuminates ground under my enclosed space) when player stands on those places he gets illuminated as well.

Sorry if this was posted previously, however I couldn't find my issue on the forums thus this cry for help.

He's still detected in shadow, and this enclosed area should be almost completely in the dark. I've tried various things. I've also tried baking the global illumination but then this enclosed area gets illuminated completely probably due to settings assuming this surface should reflect light so well, which I don't want it to.

These are my current settings.

Graphics Settings

Lighting Settings

Directional Light Settings

Quality Settings

Player Other Settings

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  2. JenniferNordwall

JenniferNordwall

Unity Technologies

Hi

It's a bit hard to understand how the scene is constructed from just one screenshot. But have you looked into using an unlit shader for the character? If you don't want any light bouncing, that might be way of fixing it.

Can you also post your scene view debug mode called "Shadow cascades" ?

3. rexdefuror

rexdefuror

Thanks for taking the time to help!

Here's more about the scene, it is quite simple. Entire enclosed area is constructed out of 7 cubes (with Lit material), they intersect quite heavily, I've made sure to check that part several times.

Sorry I couldn't find where to set the debug mode for shadow cascades in URP (looked here https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/shadow-cascades.html but on luck). Here are my URP settings in general.

4. JenniferNordwall

JenniferNordwall

Unity Technologies

Go to the scene view and the top left corner there is a dropdown. Check for the debug view there and post it here :)