Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Difficulty getting project Tiny installed and Hello World Sample project working

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by gullwings13, Oct 12, 2019.

1. gullwings13

gullwings13

Hello,

I am having difficulty getting project Tiny installed and Hello World Sample project working. I believe I have followed the 0.15.3 and 0.16.x guide for install correctly, but maybe I missed something?

I have never used project tiny so I am starting a brand new projects. I have tried different Unity Versions (2019.2.9f, 2019.3.0b6) with 0.16.1/0.16.0 and also 0.15.3 with 2019.2.9f on Windows.

2019.3 had dependency issues I could not resolve, although 2019.3.x seems to be used in the screenshots for 0.16.x preview of project tiny.

Yesterday I had also tried to get project tiny working on my MAC, Unity versions 2019.2.x and 2019.3.x with project tiny 0.16.x

in 2019.2.x with 0.16.x and 0.15.3 I am able to open the hello world project and my editor goes into DOTS mode. However it makes several complaints.

- Next to where is says DOTS mode in the title bar it says there is no scene loaded and my attempts to open the sample hello world scene do not seem to have an effect.
    - In the Hierarchy it shows "DotsScratchpad-DoNotEdit" and an entity underneath it.
    - Nothing shows in the scene view and the game view says "Display 1, no cameras rendering"
    - In the screenshots shown of working Tiny Project it looks quite different to the above
    - And finally if I press play anyway i get several errors in the console including several DLL not found messages.

Is there a definitive guide to install Project Tiny 0.16.x?
    Have I missed something in my install of project tiny?
    Any help appreciated. Happy to post more screenshot or provide more info if needed.

Attached screenshots are Project Tony 0.15.3 and Unity Version 2019.2.9f1 but I get pretty much the same errors in 0.16.x and same version of unity.

Attached Files:

2. egonaraujo

egonaraujo

Talking about my experience and errors so far:

- Trying to build the project for native did not have the flags for the compiler (in my case, the Windows dotnet. The compiler do not know how to build the project for this platform and I have to clean the build folder before retrying for any Web version (wasm/asmjs))

- Hierarchy showing "ScratchPad-DoNotEdit": I simply closed that hierarchy view and opened a new one, while a DOTS project was open.

- The burst compiler has a dependency of "Math 1.1.0" but only auto-downloads to "Math 0.1.1", so I had to manually open the package manager and update this package.

- The Unity version that better worked for me was "2019.2.0f1". I couldn't set up Tiny in any of my other versions (And I also downloaded a few)

Hoping that any of those will be of some value for you!

3. JC-Cimetiere

JC-Cimetiere

Unity Technologies

As explained in our latest update (https://forum.unity.com/threads/oct-2019-update-on-project-tiny-roadmap.754850/) lots of changes are undergoing for Project Tiny.
    If you haven’t started yet experimenting with Project Tiny, we recommend that you wait until the next preview before testing it. We are aware that the current Project Tiny package (preview-0.16.1) is broken with the latest beta and its dependencies, and we do not plan to fix this until the next preview.

If you are currently working with preview-0.16.1, keep in mind that content you’ve authored in current preview of Project Tiny will have to be reworked and C# code will also need some adjustments. There won’t be any automated upgrade to the next preview.

JC