Search Unity

Question DEFAULT VFX GRAPH IS NOT APPERING/WORKING

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by BikaYoBadi, Jan 29, 2020.

1. BikaYoBadi

BikaYoBadi

I am using 2019.3.0f6 (was the same result in 2019.3.0f5). I create a default visual graph, and i drag into scene then nothing happens. I started the new projects with the HDRP option.(I remember trying to import to a built-in renderer, wasn't working either). If i download VFX samples, they are working, but i can't make my own VFX Graphs. I tried to, zoom in/out, decompile tons of time, changing the default textures, tweak the size options, update the graphic card driver (GeForce GT840m). I couln't find a list or somethings that can block the VFX. What can be the problem ?

Thanks in advance !

2. Erenquin

Erenquin

Hello,
    just got that issue.

When you drag the prefab in the scene you do not see the effect this is normal.
    As soon as you double click the prefab to edit it, it will start playing.

Regarding the default graph, just delete and recreate the visual effect prefab.

[Edit]
    Just got the issue that the graph does not appear after switching to inspect another object.
    Had to quit/restart Unity.

Those issues appeared:
    upload_2020-1-29_18-0-34.png

To reproduce:
    just follow Brackeys Tutorial as a beginner who pauses it all the time to follow the instructions 1 by 1. (Well I think it is only a memory overflow occuring when the VFX is run during some time).
    Even without the Post processing activated.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    BikaYoBadi likes this.
  3. BikaYoBadi

BikaYoBadi

I don't have any warnings, and i tried to make prefab or compile. Just nothing appears.

4. BikaYoBadi

BikaYoBadi

I don't how you people get it working. Download unity -> create a HDRP project with template -> Create a visual effect graph, and it is not working. Is there a way or something that only i don't know about or everyone is happy that it is not working ?

5. RayAndGames

RayAndGames

ughhhh
    same problem here. it works but nothing is appearing on my screen. the material is INVISIBLE!!!

__
    You know what... this package is not supported in URP 2D renderer

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  6. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

Is it possibly this issue? There was a localization bug (with computers set to use Turkish as the default language) where some characters were translated wrong. If so, it should be fixed in the 7.5 package. There's a thread about it in the VFX forums.

Alternatively, it might be that the shaders are not compiled. You can go to Edit > Visual Effects > Rebuild and Save all Visual Effect Graphs and that should recompile all shaders.