Search Unity

Default VFX Graph is not appearing/rendering

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by BikaYoBadi, Feb 7, 2020.

1. BikaYoBadi

BikaYoBadi

Sorry for the new post with same problem. I just realized that there is a visual effects section. I am using 2019.3.0f6 (was the same result in 2019.3.0f5). I create a default visual graph, and i drag into scene then nothing happens. I started the new projects with the HDRP option.(I remember trying to import to a built-in renderer, wasn't working either). If i download VFX samples, they are working, but i can't make my own VFX Graphs. I tried to assign rendering asset, zoom in/out, decompile tons of time, changing the default textures, tweak the size options, update the graphic card driver (GeForce GT840m). I couln't find a list or somethings that can block the VFX. What can be the problem ?

2. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

Hi @BikaYoBadi ,
    Are there any console errors? For the VFX Samples, if you open and recompile a sample which you have confirmed is playing, does it stop to play?

I assume you opened and recompiled the default VFX? (we had an earlier issue where the initial effect needs to be opened once in a brand new project for it to compile the necessary shaders before it can play, though that should be resolved in the newest version).

And correct, the VFX Graph is intended to be used with HDRP and URP.

If nothing else works, we just released the 7.2.0 package, so you can upgrade HDRP to the latest and see if you are still experiencing the issue.

If you are, please file a bug and we'll take a look.

3. BikaYoBadi

BikaYoBadi

Thank you for the return.

There are no console errors. For the VFX samples, bonfire, flames and smokes are working. (I compiled and result is the same.) I am not sure about sparkles because it looks like it is working at the start, but it becomes kind of buggy and big, then disappears. Lightning is not working, same with the default visual effect graph. They are not appearing in their asset previews in the inspector as well. I tried these in Unity 2019.3.1f1 with HDRP 7.2.1.
    I also tried 7.2.0 yesterday as you said, and the result was the same.

I am really curious how people is not having this issue. I tried VFX Graph with an another laptop, thinking that my laptop has a problem, but it was the same on that laptop, too. Can this be a laptop issue or what could you suggest more ? Thanks in advance again.

4. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

Interesting, perhaps you can file a bug from Help - Report a bug and attach your project so we can investigate?

5. BikaYoBadi

BikaYoBadi

I will try, but if you don't have this problem, won't it work in your pcs since i am just creating a new HDRP project ? Can this be any difference amonst different pcs while creating new projects ?

6. Batuhan13

Batuhan13

Hi mate I think we have a same problem.In my unity when I disable lifetime component vfx starts to spawning particles however when I enable lifetime component it stops spawning.Could you try to disable lifetime component on your vfx which you created by yourself.

BikaYoBadi likes this.
  7. BikaYoBadi

BikaYoBadi

Nice catch. It is interesting that it works only if it is disabled. Removing is useless. At least, we know the problem now, but we need them to have a lifetime to keep it creating. I hope Mr. Vlad can help us.

Batuhan13 likes this.
  8. Batuhan13

Batuhan13

A few days ago I sent my repro project to unity report system from editor and they turned me.They said we looked your project project but unfortunately a bug didnt occur on your project.They wanted steps from me so yesterday I made took this video for them
    .I hope they will found a solution as soon as possible =).

BikaYoBadi likes this.
  9. BikaYoBadi

BikaYoBadi

I had got really excited for VFX as i was for shader graph. I also hope it can be fixed very soon.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020 at 12:40 AM
    Batuhan13 likes this.
  10. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

Hi @Batuhan13 ,

I just tried the same steps on 2019.3.1f1 / 7.1.8 and cannot reproduce the issues with the lifetime component.
    It seems that you and @BikaYoBadi might be experiencing something quite specific, and possibly hardware-related.

Can you both please share your computer specs and operating systems? Also, @Batuhan13 , can you please share the compiled VFX of the default system (so it has its compute shaders nested within the VFX asset) when it's not running (i.e. when you have Set Lifetime present) so we can compare the code?

Thank you both in advance!

11. Batuhan13

Batuhan13

Good morning Mr Vlad
    Here is my pc specs
    Cpu:Intel® Coffee Lake Core™ i7-9750H
    Gpu:6GB GDDR6 nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX1660 Ti 192-Bit DX12
    Ram:16GB (2x8GB)
    Here link of my default vfx
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N9FlFuCRh1r_7LWxOa5ksIV0F_DLnEzc/view
    In addition I am using kaspersky anti virus program can this bug occuring because of antivirus?Meanwhile I closed the antivirus but it is still same =/
    Have a good day Mr Vlad.

12. BikaYoBadi

BikaYoBadi

Hi,
    Intel Core i3 4100m
    NVIDIA GEFORCE Gt840m
    4 gb ram
    Windows 10 Single Language

@Batuhan13 Are you using a laptop ? I still suspect about laptops.

13. Batuhan13

Batuhan13

Yes I am using laptop but I think it is not about laptop I guess

14. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

Great, thanks to both of you, we'll take a look!

Batuhan13 likes this.
unityunity