Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Decals, some idea to get the same result without Decal?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by bisewski, Apr 25, 2024.

1. bisewski

bisewski

Hi!

I am facing so many problems with decals that I dont know more what to do.
    I am using decals to simulate soft shadows on the base of some object.
    upload_2024-4-24_22-53-36.png

But as another persons in the forum, when I change the camera position and depending the angle, decals just desappear.

In the image above is working very well. I move the Decal to almost in the middle of the object and choose the layers to a specific only for decals. Working very well in editor because in Android this is the result:
    upload_2024-4-24_22-58-58.png

if a move to a very near distance from the floor so the decals just desapear in Android.

Do you have some sugestion to get something similar like it? Is a non static object because I need to move it.

I did it fallowing this tutorial:

Worked very well in editor but again, in Android doesnt worked. When in transparent mode in material, the decal just is not renderized.

I am using:
    upload_2024-4-24_23-13-34.png

Thank you!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
  2. bisewski

bisewski

I dont know if help, but the decals desapear when the camera angle in Y change. Like looking from front and move the camera to the top. The camera is a Cinemechine in Orbit woth a target that is the object. So the camera is always looking to the object.

When we a closer to the floor the decals is showed but when we go rising in some time the decal will disapear.

3. bisewski

bisewski

upload_2024-4-25_19-59-19.png
    Here one sample to show whats happens.