Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Custom Audio effect plugin

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by withinbinh, Jan 23, 2020.

1. withinbinh

withinbinh

I'm trying to create an audio plugin that supports a sidechain input. The flow that I'm working out:
    • Use an envelope follower against the sidechain
    • Convert this value to a detected dB and compare to a low and high threshold
    • If the detected dB is less than the low threshold apply volume ducking
    • If the detected dB is higher than the high threshold apply the inverse of volume ducking (or a form of amplification)
    • If the detected dB is in between the 2 thresholds the input audio will have no effect applied

The envelope follower and converting the output value into dB has been accomplished but I'm stuck on the volume ducking portion.

2. withinbinh

withinbinh

I think this is mostly resolved. The issue I was running into was that I was dealing with 2 sets of functions that would be better serviced by having the same amount of parameters to match.

3. narraboth

narraboth

Hi, can I ask you how you set up the envelope follower? I'm having a hard time making things work