Search Unity

CTS - Complete Terrain Shader - Deprecated

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdamGoodrich, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Haristess

Haristess

ive tried deleting all terrain textures off my terrain, having duplicated my Project directory as a test, and the Terrain textures arnt the problem.
    Looking inside the Log:
    Assets/CTS/Terrains/Jortoft - Ground West 1_27158_Base.Mat' is not a valid Asset File Name
    Basically CTS creates a Material when setting up the profile for your terrain.
    I have multiple terrains in my scenes, and other terrains work fine.

2. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Umm.. yes you can. From memory CTS looks for the readme in the root CTS directory and will load files relative to that.

This generally works perfectly every time... not sure why you are having issues unless you have some sort of Unity version thing happening, or are using a work flow that is different to mine and have found a bug.

Hard to say whats going on here. CTS will not save a material at all unless you ask it to in the profile - and this is not the default behaviour.

Please take a moment to review the CTS workflows in these tutorials : http://www.procedural-worlds.com/cts/?section=tutorials

And if you keep on having issues - the drop me a message along with a video of what you are doing via our ticketed support system. You can see a link to it in my signature below.

3. dienat

dienat

And you changed the CTS shaders as VRWorks says?

4. Bodyclock

Bodyclock

No, not yet. I found that SLI doesn't appear to need (or work with) SPS, so I'm currently using Multi-pass and the shader fixes are for SPS. It's still early days and I need to trial it all in much more depth to establish if there is a problem or it's my lack of knowledge. And editing shaders is currently not part of my skill set :)

I wasn't really looking for a fix, just wondered if anyone else has had any similar experiences.

Cheers

Chris

5. Haristess

Haristess

when i first imported CTS. i then moved the CTS folder into a sub folder in the Assets root folder, and upon doign this, i began having errors left right and centre with unity saying that files were obsolete, because it couldnt find certain files after i moved the CTS folder. As soon as i moved the CTS Folder back into the Assets root folder, all was well. Hense my comment above.

In terms of a workflow. I was simply minding my own business working with standard textures i had and adding them too the terrain, while doing other parts of my project. It was only once i started populating my terrain with foliage, that i began to dislike the terrain textures, and wanted to start bringing displacement mapping in, to bring them too life. A friend referred me to this to try out.
    Im not sure how you mean by your Workflow, but my project isnt starting from scratch creating new terrains before applying CTS. my Terrains have been worked on over a period of time, mixed with many other parts of the game im working on.

Ive stuck to the tutorial within the Read me, and also followed your video tutorials also. It is a strange one.
    I have a scene setup with 25 map layed out in a 5 by 5 layout, joined together, all with the same settings, as each other. Applying Cts as a componant and creating a Profile, works fine on some of my terrains, but others dont work.

I firstly thought that it was my textures that it was conflicting with as i was working with a currently textured terrain, but then reading the error Logs closely, i discovered, that when you apply a Profile too your Terrain, it then creates a Material for your terrain in the CTS/Terrain folder. But as with the error message, it simply states that my terrains base.mat is an invalid file name or something.

Ill send a screenshot of the Errors for you.xxx

Attached Files:

6. Haristess

Haristess

Ive even begun to think about creating the terrains again from scratch and applying CTS, but i really dont want to redo the topology, and given that theres no easy way of doing heightmaps for Terrains, its all been done by hand which im just not going to do hehe.
    Ill probably seek out another plugin to try anyway, as im not happy with only being allowed 16 textures. i want to give my first game project alot of vibrance when it comes to different textures. would be happy if i found a tiny plugin that simply worked on tessellation displacement mapping, and nothing else.
    I hope having sending you this information will help with this Plugins development though, and good job on project so far. xxx

7. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Thanks for the feedback. It really does sound like something tripping is CTS up with your project as we have CTS running quite happily on the 20+ terrain demo that comes with it.

Also, imho, you should not ever consider having more than 16 textures in an environment. This is an extremely heavy way to run Unity terrain.

Even without CTS this equates to an albedo and normal per texture set, plus an uncompressed splat texture, and additional render pass over your terrain, per 4 textures

In the context of CTS, this equates to 16 PBR texture sets (albedo, normal, height, smoothness / roughness, ao) plus the splat texture per 4 textures and the numbers of textures and the GPU load can balloon quickly!

CTS renders all of this in one pass and mixes in snow, snow glitter, geo, details, color maps, specular, normals, and more all in one pass, and the net effect of this is that you can get whatever look you want with your terrain.

Anyway - as I suggested yesterday, please feel free to lodge a support request and if you want to use CTS we will be happy to see if we can work out what is tripping CTS up in your environment.

Mark_01 likes this.
  8. Haristess

Haristess

Oh. i just realised i got an earlier version. 1.1.0, and looking at the asset store you're on 1.7.0, so maybe this is why we're conflicted being on different versions.
    As for the support ticket, its fine. Ive obviously made you aware of it, and thats all that matters. im probably going to have to complete start a few of my terrains from scratch which i really dont wish to do, but in order to get tessellation. what needs must. hehe.

Ya. Im only commenting in reference to the vanilla Unity terrain, and knowing that 16 textures simply isnt enough to make a terrain that covers all kinds of environments. Im still learning Unity, and cant code to save my life, so im all out on level design and modelling, texturing rigging animation etc. hehe.

Anyways, i hope having given you that information that it will help improve your Product lovely. From what ive seen on youtube its awesome, and goodjob.

Btw do you know how to export a heightmap from a terrain, to simply import it back onto another Terrain, since im going to scrap the current one and start again?
    xx

9. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Go into your terrain settings and use Import and Export RAW.

10. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

FREEBIES!!!

We have made the custom blacksmith environment, and the GeNa spawners demonstrated in this video available for free in our freebies channel on discord.

One of the things we did with the Blacksmith environment was to re-configure it to use the Unity Standard shader, and that means that it will now be usable with the Unity 2018 LW & HD SRP pipelines!

Jump into Discord, say g'day on your way through, and grab a copy of it from our freebies channel! https://discord.gg/rtKn8rw

P_Jong and Mark_01 like this.
  11. dienat

dienat

What did you use for the effect of volumetric light of the sun in the air?

12. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

P_Jong, Mark_01 and dienat like this.
  13. Haristess

Haristess

Hey.
    I have found numerous bugs and issues id like to share with you, even though iam on version 1.1.0
    alsot i wish to state that ive overcome my previous issues with profiles not applying too the terrain. I simply had to export the heightmap, from the terrain. delete the terrain, replace it. reapply the heightmap, and redo the texturing, nav mesh, and tagging where code is concerned.

As for bugs and issues.
    1. within my current project, i have numerous terrains placed together creating a larger playing surface.
    If my Terrains are unhidden and i create a profile with a new terrain, that i have not yet textured, all Profiles that were attached to every other Terrain, resets to "none", and you have to reapply every Profile to every terrain.

2. In relation to the above issue, If terrains that are unhidden have old textures, and you give that terrain the CTS componant, and create a profile. its guaranteed that every terrain turns Black and white, with the textures. This is over come easily with terrains that have CTS attached, as all you have to do is open the profile, and just open a tab within that profile, for the textured to reappear.
    However for terrains that dont have CTS applied beforehand, which turn Black and white, they cannot be changed even if you apply CTS too it. That terrain then has to be retextured from scratch.

How to resolve the 2 points above:
    You have to hide every terrain in your scene, when applying CTS and creating a profile. That way, none of the profiles detatch from the terrains, and theres no risk of terrains going black and white.

3. In relation to both issues above, i have also found another problem which is odd. While adding profiles to other terrains, the old terrains oddly change, where certain textured go white. the work around i have discovered with this problem, is to open the texture panel in said terrain. apply the biggest paint brush possible with a 0 strength, and simply texture nothing over the top of the white patches. the texture that became white, reappears as its normal original textured self.

A feature that is really needed For Cts, involving multiple terrains, is the ability to Copy and paste Profile Values onto other terrain profiles. Its a nightmare having to markup all the value in each profile section to make all the terrains the same.
    Im not sure if by copying and pasting a finished profile within the Project window, is the wisest thing, Would this be fine, or would it conflict in some way?

ive added a screenshot to show you.

Attached Files:

14. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

This was not behaviour we experienced with CTS 1.1 nor have we seen it at all.

CTS does not ever change the splats in a terrain, although it will change the textures if you change a profile. This is by design and one of the main reasons for having profiles.

I am not sure why you are having an issue with data replication in profiles. The standard way of replicating profiles is via ctrl d, and there is no other easy Unity way to copy arbitrary chunks of structured data so I am confused at what you are asking for here.

I am also not sure why you persist in using 1.1 when there is a substantially newer version 1.7 that has been released for some time. We invest a lot of time and effort into creating new versions, and in this we address bugs, introduce new features, and adapt to the widely ranging and changing versions of unity that we support... which as I write this is from version 5.5 all the way through to 2018.2

So... update to latest and use the tool the way it’s intended, and I am sure you will get a much better experience. Failing that, log a support request and we will look into your issue.

Mark_01 likes this.
  15. Haristess

Haristess

I was given this version by a friend, and cannot afford to puchase in order to get the updated version lovely. Its fine. i can make do. i just wish to give you feedback that is all :)

theres the painting solution on the black and white

Attached Files:

16. MrG

MrG

Your friend needs to figure out how to transfer it out of his account and into yours, if Unity even supports that. Otherwise you've just admitted to software piracy, while going after the author for support of an outdated version you haven't paid for. Wow. :(

recon0303, Corvwyn, P_Jong and 4 others like this.
  17. Haristess

Haristess

I have no idea.
    i just wanted to give feedback thats all. whether or not its appreciated, is another matter entirely. I know this is the internet, and people are quick to stick the knife in. its why i rarely go on places like this due to its toxicity, but i felt what i was doing is giving some love to something that has potential.
    It has some pretty bad bugs and brakes alot of the time so i just wanted to be helpful. It sounds like i revealed issues not known previously aswell. but if im going to labelled as a black horse for not personally owning a tiny plugin that costs half my weekly shopping bill and a friend who was helping out a learner then im sorry? Some people cannot afford to go without food in order to buy a plugin.

I just want to learn abit of unity in my spare time as abit of fun, while giving feedback and support.
    also i havent gone after any author, i simply looked up CTS on here because it was tremendously buggy and somewhat broken, and wanted to give my input to help further its development.

Ive since found other bugs and issues with this, and have stopped using it anyway. im putting up with standard unity, as its too much hassle.
    thanks for the help.

18. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

I imported CTS for my project, and I have this error:
    Sem título.png
    Why does this happen?
    I am using the 2018.2.0f2 version

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  19. MrG

MrG

Scroll back to post 1879.

20. swredcam

swredcam

I clicked "bake textures" in my CTS profile and I seem to have messed up a couple of things. Trees that use the AFS shader no longer respond to Unity wind, terrain shrubs also don't move any longer, and for a while my entire terrain texture was black (trees and shrubs looked fine light-wise). I seem to have gotten the terrain texture back, but trees, even newly-placed object trees, are not responding to wind. Is there something in the bake that may have caused this?

I pressed bake as I was not seeing any changes when adjusting "heightmap depth" on my textures. I'm attempting to blend and match some textures as in the CTS tutorial on the same, but even gross changes in my texture heightmaps seem to have no impact. The bake was just an attempt to try something new but it went wrong for me. I appreciate any help, I am admittedly in way over my head when it comes to lighting and shaders.

21. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Sometimes after hitting bake it doesn't auto apply the new array to the terrain, so after the bake then hit apply and then everything should work as expected.

Not sure whats up with AFS - we just do terrain shading and have nothing to do with vegetation shading.

Something definately awry here - has the profile you have been adjusting been 'applied' to the terrain?

Please log support requests on our support web site: https://proceduralworlds.freshdesk.com/support/home

22. jh2

jh2

I am producing some great, realistic scenes for VR on the Rift at 90 FPS using Gaia and a variety of Gaia compatible plug-ins like AQAUAS, Vegetation Studio, while using textures meant for non-VR desktop applications through the strategic use of vegetation (minimal grass, optimal tree placement, etc.). I've watched many of Adam Goodrich's videos and also the videos of a developer named Goodgulf who has been able to achieve some good results using Gaia, and Gaia-compatible plug-ins. The only thing I can't get to work very well, performance-wise, is CTS. I am using the Lite Shader Type, and I have most of the settings as low as possible and my FPS is still bouncing all over the place from 30 to 90. I really like the results I am seeing from CTS, but it seems as though it's just not the right tool for VR. I wonder if anyone has any good tips, or a checklist of some sort, to try and optimize the settings for VR? Even the Lite shader looks really good compared to the Standard Unity shaders and I just hate to give it up after seeing such good results. Should I just give up on CTS for VR at the present time?

Also, Mr. Adam Goodrich: You are a true artist. You created some very amazing things. I find myself just getting lost in the little worlds I've been making instead of doing my job. These tools you've developed are wonderful. It's like you've created the world's most amazing paintbrush. Thank you for your contribution.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    AdamGoodrich and Mark_01 like this.
  23. Amitloaf

Amitloaf

Dorian-Dowse likes this.
  24. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Yeap true. We have been working on the new mesh blending feature, and it has taken much longer than we expected to get right, and our sense is that you would rather us take the time to get it right than send out buggy software.

Because it is taking so long, we will be releasing the new version minus that, but the challenge of backtracking is that I had to unpick a bunch of work and not break things, and as at right now, testing shows that we still have issues. CTS is surprisingly complex under the covers.

So, all going well, we will have a new version in the next few days , and while it lacks mesh blending, it still has some pretty cool things under the covers such as latest shader updates and optimizations, material and shader caching, and a better registration system, all of which will make the system run better, particularly in multi terrain scenarios.

In the mean time, as commented previously, you can make a simple patch and the issue goes away. So with 5 mins of effort you can resolve the problem.

Btw - the add component menu patch is not the simple fix that people seem to think it is. It needs to be applied at a class level rather than as a static method, and when you do this is it then breaks all the other menus. The impact of unity breaking that system is that the menu's are now different to all of our tutorials, and this will lead to confusion and more support requests. As a huge amount of effort goes into creating those tutorials, this really doesn't fill us with joy.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    Mark_01 likes this.
  25. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

Can I add textures to CTS after adding CTS to my terrain? It says to add your textures to Unity Terrain before adding CTS to your terrain, but what if I want to change or add textures to my terrain after I add CTS to it and start working on it? do I remove the CTS component, re add textures then add CTS component again? I want to make sure I do not miss any steps on this.

26. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

http://www.procedural-worlds.com/cts/tutorials/texture-management-with-cts/

27. snacktime

snacktime

Had a reason to create terrain holes and have a bit of feedback based on that.

Using masks as the api is problematic. If you want a world position based api that you can modify at runtime, you have to modify CTS to get there.

My approach was start with an alpha only texture that is automatically sized correctly so hole world size is always consistent regardless of terrain size. Then all you have to do is raycast and get the texture coordinate of the hit. From there it's easy to adapt to use a collider bounds.

And nothing precludes you from using that alpha texture in photoshop, although I can't think of a good reason why you would ever want to do that if you had a bounds based solution.

28. Amitloaf

Amitloaf

I understand :) Thanks for the update and all the hard work. I hope that you'll enjoy looking at our game after it's created using your plugins :)

29. Quique-Martinez

Quique-Martinez

Cannot wait to see it in action. could you please share a picture :) ?

30. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

This is made even more difficult by the fact that Unity keeps moving the goalposts, so whatever plan you had going in keeps needing to be changed. I have no problem making a few edits to one of my scripts in the mean time, but I'm really hoping the mesh blend feature makes it out of development hell soon. :rolleyes:

Mark_01 likes this.
  31. snacktime

snacktime

On the subject of mesh blending, I'm creating an underground building system (again) and am curious about the blending behavior in combination with terrain holes cut using the cutout shader.

So if I created a 4x4 hole, then place a 1x cube at a hole edge. I would assume it would blend 1/4 of the mesh? The part not in the hole area and above the terrain height?

Confirmation if blending will even work with the cutout shader is another question.

32. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

I tried using a cutout shader years ago for cave and tunnel entrances, but changes to Unity made the solution I was using stop working. I eventually abandoned the idea, and went with a full mesh terrain instead. This opened up a lot of possibilities, allowing me to add lots more features that wouldn't be possible with a standard terrain. I still used Gaia to create the base terrain, then exported it to mesh, sculpted in caves and tunnels, and brought it back into Unity. I've been using Jason Booth's Vertex Painter to texture it until now, but recent changes to Unity have dropped the number of textures I can use from 4 to 3, so I'm waiting patiently for CTS mesh support, and Vegetation Studio mesh support, and Unity mesh support... In the mean time, I still have a fairly respectable terrain, riddled with holes, and GeNa lets me put trees on it, so I can wait a bit longer.

MEI_New_Island01.jpg

tredpro, Mark_01 and AdamGoodrich like this.
  33. snacktime

snacktime

The reason I'm not using mesh terrains is we do everything at runtime, which makes it a significantly more complex problem. You can mimic Unity terrain with a chunked mesh and heightmap abstraction. But I wouldn't really gain anything from that. I would need to go with a full voxel based solution to see any benefit, and at that point it's far more complexity then is needed.

And if polybrush is the future of Unity mesh terrains, well polybrush sucks right now it's nowhere close to where it needs to be. It can't even handle the most basic CSG operations correctly.

34. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

How about a hybrid approach - use standard terrain for most areas, and only put mesh in places you need holes? I still do that in places - dig out the terrain and blend in a mesh section modeling the cave or tunnel entrance. For access to large underground areas, you might need to combine this with portals to get the full effect. That reminds me, I really need to check out Sectr sometime - looks pretty useful. ;)

35. Shadowing

Shadowing

Are there any asset that someone recommends to handle the sun lighting in my game. Been having a huge issue with that since ive been using Unity for a few years now.
    The problem I have shown in this picture is I have super dark shadows on sides shadows are on.
    Right now i just have a single directional light for my sun.

Also Why does my mountain look like this. The lit up part.
    Suppose to look like this picture below. This is how my mountains look on better angles. Cause the sun isn't hitting it as much or something idk.

36. Shadowing

Shadowing

Ok so I have all these black marks on my terrain from missing textures on CTS
    These are the textures i have in my terrain.

T Ground Sand 02 A Sm
    T ground grass 01 A SM
    T ground rock 02 A SM
    T ground rock 01 A SM

They are the textures in the Gaia Resource file and also the same textures on CTS Profie
    So 4 textures only in all 3 areas in the editor.
    I go to the Coverage Texture Spawner in Gaia and hit Spawn and my terrain still has these black spots. Doesn't make any sense.

Nothing is painting over these black spots?

37. Shadowing

Shadowing

I was able to fix the issue with painting textures. no longer gives blackness. I understand now how you need to add the textures on CTS from the terrain component.

So my only issue now is why i have black areas all over my map now. I don't know why redoing the Gaia texture generator doesn't fix it.

so this issue below is fixed with me painting new textures on the map. The issue in my above post is not fixed still.

38. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

ANiso.JPG how do I fix the Aniso filter on my textures in CTS. Seems everything is blurry at a very short distance. only terrain with "5 feet" of my character looks clear. how can I increase the distance this terrain renders cclear. Aniso is at 8 on textures in CTS already...

39. Shadowing

Shadowing

So I removed the CTS component.
    Hit generate textures on GAIA and there is no charge.
    I'm a complete loss. Its like the terrain has been scared.
    I can't even paint over the black areas with new textures by hand.
    Almost like its a shader issue now. Or a setting got changed to something?

Updated:
    This is interesting. So I saved my terrain data and gave it a name.
    Removed the terrain and Gaia components from the scene.
    I then added back Gaia and a new terrain.
    I then selected the save terrain data on the terrain component and the terrain si completely flat.

So the terrain is corrupted?
    This is super scary if terrain can get corrupted by CTS just by having texture miss matches.
    Thanks to Gaia I can use the old gaia session seed to get the terrain back to how I had it

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  40. recon0303

recon0303

You sir just committed one of the worst acts ....and then got support. from the developer...How would you like it if you made a game...and someone STOLE your hard work...yes this is stealing...Your friends account should be banned. and you sir, should be ashamed.. I use this tool professionally, as a developer of 20 + year it works fine....

Stop using hacked versions and you won't have this issue....We all know where you get this version.. This needs to be reported. period. I'm disgusted.

41. Shadowing

Shadowing

@recon0303 idk about the no bugs thing lol. Pretty crappy what happen to me last night.
    I do daily back ups but I don't want to restore back to that point cause luckily its not a huge huge deal.
    Hopefully long as I keep my textures the same in terrain component and in CTS it won't happen again.

@Haristess complaining about a plug in taking half your food bill and not thinking about the cost @AdamGoodrich has in time developing the asset. What about Adam's food bill? I get so upset hearing about people complain about paying for software or games. I charge a lot for my games and I'm never going to change. I'm not selling out to over inflated markets like steam games or free loaders. Honestly I hope Adam charges way way more for GAIA 2 upgrades then just $15.

42. Shadowing

Shadowing

I have a texture that is a road with tire tracks on it. Decided I wanted my road to turn and go left. But then the tire tracks don't run in the right direction on the texture.
    Since CTS overrides offset how do I change the offset of a texture in CTS? I'm thinking that would allow me to change the rotation or am I wrong about that?

43. Shadowing

Shadowing

What causes this concrete texture to be shiny like this when the sun hits it just right? Or is this how it should react to sun. Smoothness is set to 0 on it.

On the CTS profile where it shows the list of your textures. I wish the name of each texture was more easier to see. Is it possible to bold the lettering in the next CTS update? Or maybe add an extra space to separate each texture little bit more. I find it super hard on the eyes when scrolling down to finding the texture you want to edit.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  44. OneManBandGames

OneManBandGames

@Shadowing Regarding your black textures issue: I had a similar issue with Gaia once when I started out and was experimenting a lot. I was able to fix this by making sure that I had all the texures, terrain details etc. I wanted in my current resource file, and then I used the "Replace Resources in Terrain" button at the bottom of the Resource inspector.
    I was not able to fully reproduce how it happens, but I think if you mix adding and removing textures from the terrain inspector and from the Gaia resources, it somehow can happen that Gaia references a non-existing texture id and these areas are displayed black then.

I don't think that is possible, CTS has no option to somehow control the rotation of the texure, especially not displaying the same texture at different rotations on the same terrain. Afaik you can only do "dirt-paths" or "cobblestone" style of ways with terrain textures where the texture is not associated with the walking / driving direction. If you want to have a road / path with tire tracks that bend to around a corner you need to have a textured mesh above the terrain. There are some extensions on the asset store that can create road meshes for you, such as EasyRoads3D or Mega Shapes.

Hmm, it looks like there are two textures used for the road since the center does not seem to be shiny? Or is that a smoothness / roughness map? If it is a map, can you try replacing it with a full black texture or making it darker in general? If there is no smoothness map yet you could try adding one, I noticed that textures without a smoothness map act weird if you put smoothness below 1 and become even more shiny / reflective than at 1, not sure if that is a bug or if that is intended somehow.

recon0303 likes this.
  45. recon0303

recon0303

not sure what to tell you but CTS itself I been using since release...and it works perfectly..if its used as Intended...I'm NOT talking about Unity issues...Or Unity download issues.... 95% of the issues I have seen, are issues with Unity and download issues...I been using Unity professionally for 9 years...So people keep using Unity, so called released versions which we ALL know are NOT stable yet, some people love to blame asset developers.

No idea why people keep using Unity unstable versions... when 2017.4 is the most stable version currently... soon as a beta comes out I hear the screaming as well, with every asset... I really wish more people would make games professionally , maybe people would be more understanding....Lastly....be lucky you guys don't have to pay , AAA costs for these tools.....50 bucks , is lunch money.. for this software...where, if you bought this from EA...or had to pay someone, to make this, it would cost thousands...SO to complain about an issue...is un-forgiven in my opinion..

anyways Onemanbandgames explained why this happens. But its not a bug.

I see the same nonsense with World Streamer, and when I ask people to send me there files, 99% of the time, they set it up wrong....user error..... or its due to them NOT knowing anything about coding, optimizing....They have tons of GC, 3 million polys...and unoptimized scene, yet, they blame the software... People, need to be sure they are asking questions...reading asset docs completely...watching every single tutorial and understanding, what they are doing...Before, firing off, a bad review or saying OMG they asset, is BUGGED!!!...

Now if you have an issue, and you are sure its a bug... Use the ticket system. it is there for a reason. Adam gives great support..

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    TeagansDad and Mark_01 like this.
  46. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

When is parallax shading being added?

47. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

SALE SALE SALE!!!

All Procedural Worlds Assets Are on Sale - Including our recent SECTR acquisition!!

Plus - to sweeten the deal - we also have a stellar bunch of updates!!

Gaia v1.8.0 is now live:
    • Added Mac 16 bit raw import
    • Added 8 bit raw file import
    • U2018 related fixes due to changed API's related to spawning prefabs
    • Turned off automatic lightmap baking when creating news scenes
    • Improvement to bounds based collision checking
    • Added Terrain Utilities to Main menu to highlight it
    • Reorganised More menus to make them more understandable
    • Minor usability tweaks
    GeNa 2.0 has been submitted and is stuck - asset store bug :(
    • Paintbrush painting mode
    • New layer based spawning system & improvements
    • Vastly improved bounds based collision checking
    • Vastly improved rotation algorithm when doing fences
    • New Min and Max spawn height capability & visualizations
    • Height offset modification for collisions
    • Seamless support for SECTR
    • Preliminary Vegetation Studio support
    • Improved help system
    • Fully 2018.x compatible
    • Better defaults.
    CTS 1.8 is live:
    • New material & shader caching system
    • Use of material enable materials shared between terrains
    • New cached shader id system to speed up updates
    • Better registration / deregistration system for multitile
    • Component menu workarounds : CTS moved to GameObject menu
    • Terrain now world space instead of vertex space (prelude to mesh blending)
    • Improved terrain normals generation
    • Moves shaders from Resources to Shaders directory to stop excessive compile times . Reorganised texture and profile directories
    • Latest shader updates / amplify bug fixes
    SECTR will be updated in next few days (currently in test)
    • Seamless support for Gaia terrains
    • Seamless support for CTS
    • New suite of Video Tutorials
    With all this new coolness, a bunch of new video tutorials will also come out later this week...

Plus watch this space.. we have another special announcement to make in the next day or so as well!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    tredpro, recon0303 and Mark_01 like this.
  48. tredpro

tredpro

installed CTS 1.8 but RegisterAllShaders and RegisterAllControllers doesn't exist.

49. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

It's no longer required. See CTS release notes above.

50. tredpro

tredpro

so just delete?

CTSTerrainManager.Instance.RegisterAllShaders(true);

and

CTSTerrainManager.Instance.RegisterAllControllers(true);

above all i see is you state its better. unless its somewhere else