Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

CTS - Complete Terrain Shader - Deprecated

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdamGoodrich, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Gametyme

Gametyme

I get these warnings in Xcode when trying to run on my iPhone X. This is the performance demo on basic. This is the way it looks.

Also, is there anything we can do to stop unity from compiling cts shaders that aren't used in any scenes during build time? Once I added cts to my project the first build took hours.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Initializing Metal device caps: Apple A11 GPU
    2. Initialize engine version: 2017.4.1f1 (9231f953d9d3)
    3. WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/BlitToDepth' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    4. WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/BlitToDepth' - Setting to default shader.
    5. WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/BlitToDepth_MSAA' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    6. WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/BlitToDepth_MSAA' - Setting to default shader.
    7. 2018-05-03 19:50:55.031705-0500 ProductName[377:45010] [App] if we're in the real pre-commit handler we can't actually add any new fences due to CA restriction
    8. 2018-05-03 19:50:55.039098-0500 ProductName[377:45010] [App] if we're in the real pre-commit handler we can't actually add any new fences due to CA restriction
    9. The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '<null>') is missing!
    10. (Filename:  Line: 1758)
    12. WARNING: DXT texture format is not supported, decompressing texture
    13. WARNING: DXT texture format is not supported, decompressing texture
    14. WARNING: DXT texture format is not supported, decompressing texture
    15. WARNING: DXT texture format is not supported, decompressing texture
    16. UnloadTime: 6.302958 ms

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  2. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Its in last and current version.

Actual latest version works. It was fixed and its available 2 weeks ago.

Mark_01 likes this.
  3. OneManBandGames

OneManBandGames

Can you try to use the Unity Profiler to see if you can see those lags / choppy movements as a profiler spike? If yes, the info in the spike frame should give a hint what is creating the lag at this moment.

4. patrykk

patrykk

Will CTS work with the new HD render pipeline? At the moment, with the newest version - entire terrain shows up as unshaded pink for me.

DragonmoN likes this.
  5. patrykk

patrykk

6. pegassy

pegassy

Hi. I am using cts with Unity 2017.3.1f1. I recently realized that if I have CTS imported in the project AND if I have the CTSTerrainManager in the hierarchy AND if I used a profile, then when I build the game, the game will crash when I get to the scene with CTS used in it.

The game does not crash when CTS is imported but when no profile has been used. If I delete the terrain manager and CTS folder, the built game will still crash.

This effectively renders CTS unusable for me. Any suggestions?

PS: I am not getting any compiler errors but I do get warning messages from various CTS related scripts. This happens as soon as I import CTS

7. pegassy

pegassy

Is "Package CTS for Build" option taken out? I am seeing it being mentioned in several places but when I really go to Component > CTS, it is not there. Also in the tutorial video it was not there.

8. pegassy

pegassy

I continued to do some more testing, and it turns out that when I play at high quality settings the game crashes. Below medium level it will stop crashing. I am running on 16gb RAM, GTX1080 and an I7 and pretty much took off all other assets out of the game. Any ideas?

9. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

I have CTS+Vegetation Studio+Map Magic

Can anyone who is familiar with this stack give me some tips?

SLASH24 likes this.
  10. Corvwyn

Corvwyn

CTS won't work with the HD render pipeline yet, but it's not that surprising, since it's only a preview version. The HDRP doesn't support terrain shaders yet either, so it wouldn't work either way.

Besides, CTS uses Amplify Shader Editor, which only supports LWRP at the moment. I'm really looking forward to when HDRP is ready and assets start supporting it though!

A quote from Amplify on when it will be available for HDRP (one week ago):
    "Hopefully soon but it really depends on what Unity implements as it's still in development on their side."

P_Jong and d1favero like this.
  11. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

I've been losing my mind all day trying to get CTS and Vegetation Studio to cooperate. Can someone provide a step by step for an 8 texture terrain?

What happens is I'll get the CTS profile loaded up with textures. Apply it. Then on VS apply a splat map.. And suddenly all the curves assigned to each texture doesn't work as intended. For example, the first textures default curve seems to say it should only apply at the lowest terrain level, except it will apply at the top angles of a mountain. The 2nd texture is generic grass, and will work... But if the third texture is enabled for splat map it will override all the previous ones! Even though it's angle is sharp like 25 to 60 degrees, it'll take over even flat planes.

I'm starting to think there's a glitch here.

The reason I feel it's due to something with CTS and VS combined is that before I apply the CTS textures, VS works as intended.

A possible clue is that the Heat map doesn't show anything but grey, no matter what levels I set.. So frustrating, I've literally spent hours trying to get this working.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  12. Mark_01

Mark_01

As far as I know, Do one or the other. VS can start with no textures .. and you can still use it as intended....

Or use VS splat for your textures , then add CTS .. the 2 different splat maps is what is causing the difference i think.

I am not an expert, just my guess. And i have not used either in a month now, so my information
    could be off for sure....

I'd suggest use the discord or support channels for either VS or CTS ... The CTS dev's have asked that
    support questions be asked out side of the forum here.

You will get an answer faster that way.

https://proceduralworlds.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

13. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

How would I do no textures then add textures? Can you give me a bit of a step by step? Thanks!

14. BadUncleGames

BadUncleGames

Hi OneManBandGames .... I'm interested whether you get the wetness and snow working. I use worldstreamer and CTS and oddly enough in my main scene when I am in edit mode and I manually add a few of the split terrain scenes the weather manager rightly adjusts the snow and wetness however when in run mode adjusting it has no effect.

15. OneManBandGames

OneManBandGames

Hi, I did not do much with snow, but I got the wetness working, using CTS + World streamer + Enviro. I remember there were issues though. If I remember correctly there was something with the terrains that were loaded in not being known by the weather manager component, so it would not pass on the wetness to those. And I think there was something with the wetness not being strong enough.....
    I tried the whole thing a couple of months ago, so my memory is hazy and I did not test if it still works for quite some time now. Also I upgraded CTS in the meantime.... I will review it again so I know what is what and write an update :)

16. Mark_01

Mark_01

I am not an expert at all in this, and I am not sure about giving links that are not solely about CTS ,
    but for a fast start ... http://www.procedural-worlds.com/cts/?section=tutorials << this will say how to add
    CTS to get you started.

On the Vegetation studio Web site has all the information you will need to get started, with out the head pounding :)
    I get frustrated more easily then i should too, but at times know it is faster to do some reading and tutorials to get
    ahead faster then " button pushing " ...

This is the link to getting started https://www.awesometech.no/index.php/home/vegetation-studio/getting-started/

BTW there is also information there for how to use VS with Map magic. So a Edited post quote on the VS getting started page reads "

If you want Vegetation Studio to handle terrain textures and generate splat map from them, select the number of textures you would like to use on the terrain. See TerrainSystem Component for more info on splat map generation. If you have a vegetation package with textures it will replace the textures on the terrain (keeping the splat maps) when you assign it. This is done to be able to have a summer and winter package. etc.
    If
    you have a 3rd party shader ...create a package with no textures. For now, select “no textures”.

It is my understanding that different packages can treat how a splat map is generated differently. I am fairly sure that
    any* terrain shader will not " make a splat map " but only use the information you feed it.

As a side note I think you had asked about Map Magic, Map Magic will also out put its splat map .. which would be the one
    you would want to use if you are intending to use all this tech with Map magic ..

The vegetation studio web site has a link for how to set it up with Map Magic. I am not 100 % sure on this point
    ( any one please correct me ) .. But in general you add what ever terrain shader After the splat map has been
    generated.

TLDR: You use the add " Vegetation Package " with no textures. This is what is causing conflicts you are having I think.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    AdamGoodrich and Olander like this.
  17. OneManBandGames

OneManBandGames

@BadUncleGames I checked back in my game and I found the 2 issues again:

Issue #1:

The CTSWeatherManager class does not know about the additional terrains / CTSWeatherControllers that are being loaded in by the world streamer. There is a sort of check in place that will update loaded terrains, but it does not run when the game is playing.
    A quick and dirty workaround is to force this check to always run. To do so, open CTSWeatherManager.cs, and search for the "BroadcastWeatherUpdate" function. Change the line

Code (CSharp):
    1. //Periodically update this list
    2. RegisterAllControllers();
    to

Code (CSharp):
    1. //Periodically update this list
    2. RegisterAllControllers(true);
    This should be good enough for testing if the issue is gone now. However it is not a very good solution, as it now forces the Weather Manager constantly to look for new CTS Terrains while a weather change is running, this creates some performance impact. A better solution would be to add the CTSWeatherController from loaded terrains to the CTSWeatherManager every time a terrain is loaded, and remove it again when the terrain is unloaded. Lazy as I am I did not look into this yet. ;)

Issue #2:

It looks like the rain power from the Weather manager does not influence the global smoothness of the CTS profile correctly and therefore does not create the desired wetness on the terrain. If you look into the function "ProcessWeatherUpdate" in CTSWeatherController.cs, you can see how the values from the Weather Manager are passed to the material on the terrain. There is a "shinyness" being calculated from the Weather Manager, but that is only used for the snow smoothness, not for the terrain smoothness itself. I therefore added one line of code to influence the Terrain smoothness directly:

Code (CSharp):
    1. float shinyness = manager.RainPower*manager.MaxRainSmoothness;
    2.             //added the following line:
    3.             material.SetFloat("_Terrain_Smoothness", shinyness);
    With these changes I got the rain wetness working together with World streamer, snow seems to be working as well with issue #1 being fixed. I hope this helps & is not too technical, if you have trouble making the changes please post again.

razzraziel, Olander and Mark_01 like this.
  18. Kev00

Kev00

Where is the roadmap for CTS posted? Does anyone know when mesh blending will be available?

19. BadUncleGames

BadUncleGames

Thanks for the info. Not too technical at all. I will give that a stab shortly

OneManBandGames likes this.
  20. OneManBandGames

OneManBandGames

The same question was asked on the CTS / Gaia discord yesterday, there still is no official date / roadmap for it, unfortunately.

21. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Just tried using CTS in 2018.0.f1 and I get several compile errors due to ambiguous function references.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets/CTS/Scripts/Editor/CTSProfileEditor.cs(863,52): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'EditorGUILayout.ColorField(GUIContent, Color, bool, bool, bool, ColorPickerHDRConfig, params GUILayoutOption[])' and 'EditorGUILayout.ColorField(GUIContent, Color, bool, bool, bool, params GUILayoutOption[])'
    2. (Filename: D:\Unity Projects\Triumvirate_Builder\Assets\CTS\Scripts\Editor\CTSProfileEditor.cs Line: 863)
    4. Assets/CTS/Scripts/Editor/CTSProfileEditor.cs(507,53): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'EditorGUILayout.ColorField(GUIContent, Color, bool, bool, bool, ColorPickerHDRConfig, params GUILayoutOption[])' and 'EditorGUILayout.ColorField(GUIContent, Color, bool, bool, bool, params GUILayoutOption[])'
    5. (Filename: D:\Unity Projects\Triumvirate_Builder\Assets\CTS\Scripts\Editor\CTSProfileEditor.cs Line: 507)
    7. Assets/CTS/Scripts/Editor/CTSWeatherManagerEditor.cs(177,48): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'EditorGUILayout.ColorField(GUIContent, Color, bool, bool, bool, ColorPickerHDRConfig, params GUILayoutOption[])' and 'EditorGUILayout.ColorField(GUIContent, Color, bool, bool, bool, params GUILayoutOption[])'
    8. (Filename: D:\Unity Projects\Triumvirate_Builder\Assets\CTS\Scripts\Editor\CTSWeatherManagerEditor.cs Line: 177)
    10. Assets/CTS/Scripts/Editor/CTSWeatherManagerEditor.cs(174,48): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'EditorGUILayout.ColorField(GUIContent, Color, bool, bool, bool, ColorPickerHDRConfig, params GUILayoutOption[])' and 'EditorGUILayout.ColorField(GUIContent, Color, bool, bool, bool, params GUILayoutOption[])'
    11. (Filename: D:\Unity Projects\Triumvirate_Builder\Assets\CTS\Scripts\Editor\CTSWeatherManagerEditor.cs Line: 174)
    13. Assets/CTS/Scripts/Editor/CTSWeatherManagerEditor.cs(171,48): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'EditorGUILayout.ColorField(GUIContent, Color, bool, bool, bool, ColorPickerHDRConfig, params GUILayoutOption[])' and 'EditorGUILayout.ColorField(GUIContent, Color, bool, bool, bool, params GUILayoutOption[])'
    14. (Filename: D:\Unity Projects\Triumvirate_Builder\Assets\CTS\Scripts\Editor\CTSWeatherManagerEditor.cs Line: 171)
    16. Assets/CTS/Scripts/Editor/CTSWeatherManagerEditor.cs(168,48): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'EditorGUILayout.ColorField(GUIContent, Color, bool, bool, bool, ColorPickerHDRConfig, params GUILayoutOption[])' and 'EditorGUILayout.ColorField(GUIContent, Color, bool, bool, bool, params GUILayoutOption[])'
    17. (Filename: D:\Unity Projects\Triumvirate_Builder\Assets\CTS\Scripts\Editor\CTSWeatherManagerEditor.cs Line: 168)

22. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Ok this is easily fixed by remove explicit null that is the last param in those calls. That is what is causing the ambiguity with newer methods.

Rowlan and AdamGoodrich like this.
  23. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Hmm... i never got that in testing... but will be putting another CTS release out to address the menuitem issue as well in u2018 later this week. So fix is less than a week away.

As a general comment CTS currently only supports builtin shader on 2018 at moment. We are also exploring adding SRP support this week as well - will see how we go.

24. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Thanks. It is an easy fix, and I've run into it internally as well. The root cause is that 2018 added some new overloads to many GUI methods for working with HDR color data.

Also I wanted to follow up with an additional issue I am seeing. Doesn't seem to be causing a problem but I am constantly getting spammed by menu errors in CTS, things like this but they are all a little different:

Menu Component/CTS/Show Tutorials... can't be checked because doesn't exist

25. HP

HP

This Component menu error message is because CTS don't use the AddComponentMenu attribute on the class.
    If it must be a component menu point it must use this attribute. You can fix this by changing the menu point structure to [MenuItem("CTS/Show Tutorials...")] without "Components/".
    This seems to be new in Unity 3D 2018.1

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  26. pccross

pccross

Hi, I'm getting this same error. Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'changing the menu point structure'? Is that done within a script?

27. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Its harmless. My suggestion is to ignore it until a patch comes out later this week.

28. HP

HP

Like AdamGoodrich sayed, it is harmless. You can fix it if it bothers you or wait for the official patch.
    It is always better to wait for an official patch if it does not really disturb the workflow.

To temporarly fix it, just remove "Component/" in the lines 29, 50, 59, 83, 117, 170, 180, 189, 198, 214 and 223 of the "CTS/Scripts/Editor/CompleteTerrainShaderEditor.cs".

On each of this lines is an attribute like this: [MenuItem("Component/CTS/...", false, ...)]
    And on remove the "Component/" you change the menu point structure of the CTS menu points outside of the "Component" main menu point.
    After changing you can find the menu points under a new main menu point named "CTS" instead of "Component" -> "CTS".

But if the official patch fixes it differently you should undo your changes before apply the patch.

AdamGoodrich likes this.
  29. pccross

pccross

Appreciate the quick response on this. I'll go ahead and ignore the errors until the forthcoming patch.

30. Imperatoss

Imperatoss

Hi, I just bought CTS Terrain Shader but at the moment, i´m not able to use it in Unity 2018.1. Can someone tell me approximately when the update will be released?

WillyG99 likes this.
  31. WillyG99

WillyG99

Yeah got problems as well, the shading is not as it should be and i have errors that tell me i need a Allegorithmic External Importer, so i get that from the asset store and it doesn't fix anything :/

32. mattis89

mattis89

Hello!

Texture order is important - bigger structures should be in later layers, smaller structures in earlier layers, you said when talking about texture blending... what do you mean excactly? I dont get any blending..only mountains.. I want to belnd it all :)

33. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

something like: sand , grass , small stones, big rocks etc.

Mark_01 and mattis89 like this.
  34. emrys90

emrys90

Bumping this question. It would be great to get this resolved for version control purposes.

35. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

Why is everything black in editor mode, I have DX11 and gls3.0. Awful can this not be ran on mobile?

Auto api is off.

36. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

I tested for this and did not see any such issue, so my sense is that maybe you updated your project but not CTS. CTS does not need allegorithmic exporter as all the substance support code is compiled out via #define statements. To get latest support 2018 support you also need to update the product as we change the code to deal with the changes to Unity. Now that the importer has also been released we will explore re-adding support in Unity 2018.

It's not as trivial as it sounds.

Unity gets random crashes and gives no information why this happens. I was able to dig into it and its really weird - if you change any setting on a material it can give you a 100% crash - essentially killing the scene.

To avoid this we recreate the materials on the terrain every time it is loaded. My sense is that its to do with their light baking system ... but we don't actually know why. In next release we will be exploring a new way to do this - which might negate the need for us to do this.

So in the mean time it is usually pretty easy to know if you have updated your terrain - so if you have - then include it in your checkin - and if you haven't then don't.

Sounds tedious - but that's a much better problem to have than Unity crashing every time you load a scene.

No idea. We have had confirmation from other customers that it works fine. Seems to be very unity version and platform / browsers version dependent.

Try turning off compression in your advanced settings in your profile.

As a general comment - I check these forum rarely and its really easy for question to get lost - to always get an answer from us please use our support system instead.

https://proceduralworlds.freshdesk.com/support/home

Mark_01 likes this.
  37. Rowlan

Rowlan

Edit: Build error is resolved after installing Unity 2018.1.2f1.

original post in case someone has the same issue:

I'm getting this error when I try to create a build, then the build fails:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'CTS/CTS Terrain Shader Advanced CutOut Mesh': maximum ps_4_0 sampler register index (16) exceeded at line 680 (on d3d11)
    3. Compiling Fragment program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD SPOT SHADOWS_DEPTH SHADOWS_SOFT _USE_AO_ON
    4. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR
    Everything works fine i editor. Any hint how to fix it?

Using Unity 2018.1.0f2, Win10, CTS is today's asset store version.

In Editor I get several of this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Menu Component/CTS/Set Linear Deffered can't be checked because doesn't exist
    Which doesn't make much sense, because the menu item is there.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    Barritico and dterbeest like this.
  38. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

I was away last week, and the free time I thought would eventuate didn't.

So there will be a CTS update later this week to address the U2018 menu issues.

The null comment is a weird one - the C# is syntactically correct - so its annoying that its complaining about it.

On a more general topic - we monitor this forum rarely and are not notified when messages are left. As a result we do not commit to answer questions here because it is just too easy for them to get missed in the noise and then people get upset.

So if you want a response from us then please leave a message at our support site below - all messages are tracked so that nothing is accidentally missed:

https://proceduralworlds.freshdesk.com/support/home

If you want a quick community response or to contact us direct then also consider joining our Discord channel:

https://discord.gg/rtKn8rw

39. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks for such a great product!..quick questions: are you pulling the smooth map from the Diffuse alpha channel, even though one is in the smooth slot? (over riding the one in the slot), I guess some of my textures have rough in the alpha, and was showing up black, when the sun angle was low., I was just curious.

I also..accidentally clicked on 'Persist Materials', instead of strip textures..any problems if I un-check, and delete that directory?

Thanks,

..Today was my first day in CTS.... I waited too long...

Later same day: CTS Basic Shader: 14 Splats

Patrick

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2018
    Mark_01 likes this.
  40. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Your second spoiler is missing - would love to see it :)

We take the original alpha smoothness if there. But if you supply roughness or smoothness we wipe out what was there with the new one. This is non destructive i.e. the baked texture is where this ends up, we do not change the originals.

Should be ok i think.

41. Deleted User

Deleted User

it's the forum software, I have my own server, so I know its there (I pasted the link from a web browser)..its weird... one would show and the other wont..some global server cache update?

-switched to jpeg, renamed..and..it works!!

p

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2018
    AdamGoodrich likes this.
  42. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

I'm using HDR pipeline will this be compatible soon. :(

43. rasto61

rasto61

Dont expect that. There is no reason to be. HDRP is in preview and will not be officially released before unity 2018.3 at the end of the year. The feature set and apis are still fluid. If CTS will support HDRP after its release, the devs will have to answer that.

44. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

We have all been bewitched by the book of the dead - me included :)

As @rasto61 said, Unity needs to stabilise it first, and when it's stable we will support it.

We have already made CTS LW SRP compatible, and it works on a mesh, but is not currently working on a terrain. When we have it working reliably on a terrain we will release that as well.

Mark_01 likes this.
  45. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

Aww darn :/ well guess ill just wait for this then. Thanks :(

46. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Not so long:) dont worry. From my side it should be around 4 days. Then Adam will have to play with it so everything will be clear before update.

Chaz32621 and Mark_01 like this.
  47. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

Can this be ran on 2018.2? I'm having difficultly now without using LW/HDR and porting to mobile I keep getting the error in logcat,

Code (CSharp):
    1. -------- GLSL link error: Warning: barrier used in non-uniform control flowWarning: barrier used in non-uniform control flow
    and

Code (CSharp):
    1.  Kernel at index (0) is invalid
    2. 06-02 00:42:12.506 28876 28949 E Unity   :  #0 0xd03f9d78 (libunity.so) ? 0xb37d78
    3. 06-02 00:42:12.506 28876 28949 E Unity   :  #1 0xd00b0c44 (libunity.so) ? 0x7eec44
    4. 06-02 00:42:12.506 28876 28949 E Unity   :  #2 0xd02dfd9c (libunity.so) ? 0xa1dd9c
    5. 06-02 00:42:12.506 28876 28949 E Unity   :  #3 0xd02dfe24 (libunity.so) ? 0xa1de24
    6. 06-02 00:42:12.506 28876 28949 E Unity   :  #4 0xcfa14748 (libunity.so) ? 0x152748

Would love to use this honestly.

48. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

We have not even looked at it yet - and most likely wont until it is formally released.

Mark_01 likes this.
  49. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

Thanks for the reply going to downgrade to 2018.1 and see if I can get it to work I really wanna add this to my finish product lol. I read an early post that it should work on 2018.1..... So... I hope.

50. Deleted User

Deleted User

I saw an earlier post about mesh terrains, and some confusion..I wanted to see if I could give some pointers.
    CTS & Using the Mesh Material (Quick Tips)

I hope it helps someone.

Update on Color Maps----
    If you have Vegetation Studio, you can use the 'mask maker' to render your CTS goodness to a 1K, 2k. or 4K Color Maps..(great for mobile/speed....make sure to get rid of shadows..I also converted the normal to AO, and multiplied it..that's what the 'faint lines' are..All the snow is Color Maps ,pictured below..

which allowed me to replace the CTS Mesh Shader for a faster material...Diffuse/Bump...

simple background mountains.

p-

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2018