Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Could not load the file 'NiceIO'

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by SuchlikeSleet29, Jun 20, 2023.

1. SuchlikeSleet29

SuchlikeSleet29

I am getting this log warning 'Could not load the file 'NiceIO'' in Unity 2022.3.1f1 whenever i add a script Machine or StateMachine on a GameObject. I am using Input System package. Please help. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. SuchlikeSleet29

SuchlikeSleet29

So not so active forum or this community .. feels like Unity killed off Visual Scripting(newer bolt).. i better move to playmaker or flowcanvas for visual scripting purposes. Thankyou

3. GregMcM

GregMcM

I would respectfully disagree... I think Unity is still actively developing for Visual Scripting.

In answer to your issue with the NiceIO warning, is it possible you moved or renamed the project folder?

I was having the same warning pop up when I copied my project to another Mac to do some testing... I had manually renamed my project folder in the Mac's Finder. I don't think Unity liked that and hence this warning getting thrown. It most likely is a bug, but I haven't had time to nail it down and submit a bug report on it.

4. iScriptz

iScriptz

This "NiceIO" error started appearing for me after I had my project build to Android for the first time. Was strictly testing on iOS with 0 problems for weeks.

I did do a small test by having Unity re-import the assets folder. The warning didn't appear the first time I played it in Editor. Now every subsequent Play it does.

Haven't been bothered to try debugging more. No where do I see a mention of "NiceIO" inside of the VS package unless I'm overlooking it.

5. rie_unity

rie_unity

I'm having this exact same issue, bumping this up to see if there was ever a solution.

6. frmorm

frmorm

Same here, ironically I'm not even using VisualScripting, I just played a bit with it at one point and since then I'm stuck with the error.

And same thing, if I do Reimport All the warning doesn't show on first play, but will show on subsequent plays.

iScriptz likes this.
  7. iScriptz

iScriptz

I "fixed" the error in my error log by commenting out the "debug.log(e.message)" in the try/catch that was throwing it.

I figured if Unity doesn't care about fixing it - why should I. :)

8. Royce17

Royce17

If you don't need Visual Scripting package, just remove it. And everything works fine, annoying warning disappears.

9. Dodd_

Dodd_

Here is my solution, works fine.
    Code (CSharp):
    1.        [InitializeOnEnterPlayMode]
    2.         public static void DisableCodebaseWarnings()
    3.         {
    4.             Debug.unityLogger.logEnabled = false;
    5.             var _ = Codebase.assemblies;
    6.             Debug.unityLogger.logEnabled = true;
    7.         }

10. ValentineCat

ValentineCat

just commenting this out doesn't solve it for me, it won't build and run to android. the only way I can do this is to build the APK and manually dragging to my phone...

errors:

Could not load the file 'NiceIO'.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object)
    Unity.VisualScripting.Codebase:IsEditorAssembly (System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1<string>) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.visualscripting@1.9.1/Editor/VisualScripting.Core/Reflection/Codebase.cs:383)
    Unity.VisualScripting.Codebase:IsRuntimeAssembly (System.Reflection.Assembly) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.visualscripting@1.9.1/Editor/VisualScripting.Core/Reflection/Codebase.cs:404)
    Unity.VisualScripting.Codebase:.cctor () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.visualscripting@1.9.1/Editor/VisualScripting.Core/Reflection/Codebase.cs:46)

11. Hypnotoad0

Hypnotoad0

That's just a warning my dude, not the exception causing your build to fail.

12. ValentineCat

ValentineCat

So can you give more help? I can build the APK and drag it to my phone, it works. I cannot get the Build and Run to work, it fails with this warning, and it's very possible that the warning is incorrect and there's another issue preventing the build and run from working. would be great to know more about how to fix it.

13. qincai201

qincai201

Try removing "com.unity.visualscripting" from /Your Project/Package/manifest.json and /Your Project/Package/packages-lock.json.
    (If you don't need Visualscripting)

LordVise likes this.
  14. qngnht

qngnht

Visual Scripting and warning NiceIO work as normal in Unity 2023 ... it doesnot affect anything for Build or anything from Visual Scripting script. I tested it with Visual Scripting and Visual Scripting Plus too, no problems or errors
    1. Create new project in Unity 2023
    2. Warning cant load NiceIO
    3. Build with Android while warning of NiceIO still pop up ... no problems with the build
    4. Test apk on Android phone . It works well. No problems or any errors !

15. qngnht

qngnht

Warning NiceIO can be disabled completely by import this C# script into anywhere your project Assets folder. (credit to @Dodd_)

Attached Files:

skky_Unity and BangyangYao like this.
  16. skky_Unity

skky_Unity

works ty

17. Ziron999

Ziron999

This error still exists and all this does is disable warnings and re-enable them. Not really a fix?

Garnette likes this.
  18. Garnette

Garnette

Also interested in an actual fix for this.

19. qngnht

qngnht

Need to wait for new update of Unity versions... some Warning or errors, it took more than 10 years and it's status is still "pending" ... even hundreds of people reported and filed it as Bug.

20. unity_SqAbi6csBcUCgA

unity_SqAbi6csBcUCgA

21. zogrod

zogrod

It seems that you are some point used Visual Scripting and then decided not to. However, Unity is still trying to give you the Visual Scripting package. To remove it and fix the 'NiceIO' Issues (without workarounds/covers).
    • Go to 'Window'
    • Select 'Package Manager'
    • Find 'Visual Scripting' in 'Packages - Unity'
    • Click 'Remove' button on the right hand side.

qngnht likes this.
  22. Garnette

Garnette

Hi Zogrod,
    I actually am using visual scripting so I wouldn't want to remove it. Any other ideas?
    Thank you.

23. Mecanivelle

Mecanivelle

Erreur: Could not load the file 'NiceIO'

- Build Profile: Android (Only on the Android profile, under the Windows profile the error does not appear.)
    - Package: Visual Scripting
    Project Settings > Visual Scripting > Initialize Visual Scripting

The error may be coming from this file:
    C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\6000.0.0f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\NiceIO.dll

Can anyone figure out how to fix this?
    In the meantime I sent a bug report.

24. jeanedouard_unity

jeanedouard_unity

Unity Technologies

Thank you for reporting this. Sorry for the delay, I know this has been reported a while ago but team will have a look at this.

Last edited: May 10, 2024
  25. Mecanivelle

Mecanivelle

:(

Last edited: May 18, 2024 at 10:40 AM