Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Controller layout

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by LiableDuke, Jul 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiableDuke

LiableDuke

Me and my team are currently working on the game design document for our next game and we are wondering if there is a tool we can use to easily generate controller layout diagrams for controllers and keyboards/mouse like shown in the pics below.

2. TonyLi

TonyLi

Just draw it by hand on a piece of paper and take a picture with your phone. It's a good opportunity to practice not spending a lot of time fiddling with a GDD. The purpose of the GDD is to capture and convey information, not to be pretty. (Unless you're an established studio with a publisher who has asked for a polished GDD.)

3. LiableDuke

LiableDuke

Thats what i have been doing but i was just wondering if there was a tool to make them a little faster/cleaner

4. TonyLi

TonyLi

If it's just an internal doc, you can grab an image from google images. My point was that you shouldn't spend a lot of time fiddling with the GDD, but just get the content in so you can convey the info to teammates and get to work on the game.

Martin_H likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.