Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Compiler Errors in Netcode

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by atten0007, Oct 24, 2021.

1. atten0007

atten0007

Hi folks,

I'm currently developing two games with Unity named "Mikacraft" and "Planetsave". Later I want to play these games with my friends and for that I've successfully installed the Unity package "com.unity.netcode.gameobjects" in both of my projects. But I can't currently play these both games because of compiler errors in the script Unity Transport.cs and the script SIPTransport.cs in both of my games (not in the self-programmed scripts, these errors are in Netcode itself). If you can fix this, me and all the other Unity3D users they're using Unity Netcode would be very happy because we can test the games with our friends.

Sincerely yours,
    Atten007

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2021
  2. luke-unity

luke-unity

Hey Atten0007

To fix the "compiler errors" you are encountering we would need some more information. Could you provide us with the error messages you are encountering in your console please and we'll take a look. (If possible provide us with the full stack trace information)

3. atten0007

atten0007

Hi @luke-unity,

I can make a pastebin where these Netcode errors in the file "UnityTransport.cs" are stored. Here's the link to my pastebin: https://pastebin.com/dU5srdjS.

Sincerely yours,
    Atten007

4. luke-unity

luke-unity

So it looks like you have our transport adapter package `com.unity.netcode.adapter.utp` installed but not our transport package `com.unity.transport` which the adapter depends on. The transport package should be getting automatically installed if you add the adapter to your project. Can I ask how you installed the adapter package?

5. atten0007

atten0007

Yes, you can!

6. galnikkozmelj

galnikkozmelj

i have same problem. i just updated netcode for gameobjects to Version 1.0.0-pre.8 and this error happened

7. luke-unity

luke-unity

Can you post the error messages you are getting?