Search Unity

Changing versions associated with a project

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by cspears2002, Feb 20, 2018.

1. cspears2002

cspears2002

I have a question regarding the Unity Hub and versions of Unity associated with a project. I have a Tic Tac Toe game that I started in 2018.1.0b6. I downloaded 2018.1.0b7 and set that version to preferred. When I launch the project using my preferred editor, I get the standard warning about my project being started in an earlier version.

I then saved my project with the new editor and quit Unity and the Unity Hub. When I launch Unity Hub again and check my Tic Tac Toe project, I see that it is still associated with 2018.1.06b. When I launch the project, I still get the error message.

Is there a way to associate my project with my preferred editor so the warning does not pop up every time I launch it?

Thanks in advance!

2. cspears2002

cspears2002

3. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,
    Thank you for the feedback.
    To answer the question about associating a version with a project through the hub, I would say it is not possible. Of course, you can change the version of your project manually, but it is not guaranteed that it works. The editor should be able to do this transition.

Regarding the issue with b6 and b7, I try to reproduce and inform the editor team.

4. cspears2002

cspears2002

Okay cool. Do you need me to do anything? Should I submit a bug report? Thanks.

5. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

That would be wonderful

6. akroma10

akroma10

i have the same problem, but with version 2019.20f1 (the project) and my Hub (2019.2.2f1), any solutions?

Attached Files:

7. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

@akroma10 , Can you please report a bug through the hub bug reporter and we will investigate.