Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Change the transform direccion respective the object atached

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Garcia-Rojas, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Garcia-Rojas

Garcia-Rojas

Allright i dont know how to explain with words..

I made a geometric model with blender but the transform direction of the object is making me issues.
    Theres anyway to change it? i attach an image to show what im talking about. TransformDireccion.png

2. jhocking

jhocking

That origin of a model is determined by the pivot point, so adjust the pivot in Blender.

3. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

@jhocking's answer is the best one if you have control over the model (which it sounds like you do).

But in cases where you can't change the model, you can throw it inside an otherwise empty GameObject, with whatever local position/rotation you like, and then deal only with that parent GameObject in the rest of your game. A GameObject is essentially nothing more than a transform with some scripts and other components attached, so there is very little cost to this extra level in the scene hierarchy, and it gets the job done.

4. Garcia-Rojas

Garcia-Rojas

#2 #3 Thanks both for the answers.
    I finally used the second one. Even changing the pivot point on blender, the model was exported with the standard transform T.T.

JoeStrout likes this.