Search Unity

(Case 1169897) [Addressables 1.1.4] Load new scene allocate new UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.Resou

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by optimise, Jul 16, 2019.

1. optimise

optimise

I notice every time you try to load to new scene, it will allocate new UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager (I believe is ResourceManager but Addressables Profiler not provide someway for me to inspect the full sentence) meaning that if u load 100 times you will get 100 UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.Resource.

Before
    Addressables 1.png

After
    Addressables 2.png

2. optimise

optimise

Hi @unity_bill, have you start looking at this case?

3. unity_bill

unity_bill

A few things. For one, we clearly need to change the width limit in the profiler so you can read the whole thing. Second, I think this is an artifact of our ref counting works, and perhaps a problem with the profiler. I do not think it's an ever growing collection of objects in memory. But I could be wrong on that. we've got it on the list to dig into.

Third, please comment on this: https://forum.unity.com/threads/what-would-you-like-the-profiler-to-show.712085/
    We plan to work on the profiler a bit in the coming weeks, and would like to make sure we lock in the desired usage while we're fixing bugs.

optimise likes this.