Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion Cascadeur

Discussion in 'Animation' started by aubergine, Jan 27, 2023.

1. aubergine

aubergine

Is anyone using Cascadeur animation software? Is it easy to use and can export to biped without hassle?
    I have no animation experience what so ever, cant even rig a box character.

2. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

Haven't used it myself, but from what I've seen in videos I don't think you can use it to "rig" characters (create bones and apply vertex weights). The point of the software is to make animating realistic motion easier, not to make animating easier for inexperienced users. Once you import a character with bones, you can add rigid bodies to those bones and simulate weight, center of mass, and visualize arcs.

I'm not sure if animating in this software is easier or better than in blender, but you'll need blender to do the initial skinning first (pretty sure).

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
    raheel_unity913 likes this.
  3. aubergine

aubergine

I have been playing with it since yesterday;
    it can rig and mostly automatically with skinning, it recognises various rigs from mixamo, biped..etc
    I loved it. Expensive though, free version only exports upto 300 frames.

Unrighteouss likes this.
  4. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

Ah, I didn't know it could skin as well; couldn't find any videos on it.

5. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

Is that 300 frames per file or per account or what?

6. aubergine

aubergine

it says;
    I think its more than enough for my planned usage case. They ask 225usd for pro version which is alittle steep for me atm. But who knows, i really liked this one and their planned features. Limited number of joints mean 3 fingers instead of 5 and some additionals if you want a more fantastic control of the rig.

7. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

"per animation scene" - yeah, I could definitely work with that, especially for free. I'll have to give it a go next time I go hunting for animations.

8. Wint1943

Wint1943

Cascadeur can export animations to a variety of formats, including biped. The export process is relatively straightforward and there is no need to use any third-party software.