Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug capsule collider moves slightly forward on colliding with anything as does player child object.

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Eddieman1994, May 5, 2024.

1. Eddieman1994

Eddieman1994

hi there so I'm making a third person game.
    so my problem is as follows...
    when ever my character runs into something. my characters capsule collider budges forward ever so slightly, as does the "lookat" child object i have underneath my character for my cinamachine virtual camera to look at.
    - my player object has all the base components on it rigid body, capsule collider, character controller.
    - i have a child object that's an empty object just to have the virtual camera look at it,
    - this issue only occurs when colliding with an object.
    - i have fiddled around with seemingly all combinations to no succusses.
    eg. no rigid body, rigid body on both player game object and the look at child object,
    tried kinematic, increases max, setting collision detection to continuous, using interpolate on both, using extrapolate on both, freezes the positions and rotations on both. all to no avail.
    has anyone experienced this issue?. id be happy to copy and paste my player movement script if need be.
    but i even tried rewriting the movement script and checking line by line if that caused any issues. and it didn't seem to cause any. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

2. arkano22

arkano22

What do you mean by "budges forward"? Without any video of the issue I think it's difficult to diagnose what might be happening.