Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Canvas Scaler and Blurry Text

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by LotusBlack, Jan 19, 2016.

1. LotusBlack

LotusBlack

Hi everyone,

So, what's the official stance on the Canvas Scaler issue with Dynamic Fonts?

It just doesn't work properly most of the time, we're forced to use World Space Canvases, and if you want the same label to be scaled in your UI (let's say, a zoomed UI element) there's no proper sweet spot to make the font look good.

I know there's a few workarounds but they aren't even applicable to projects that have a lot of dynamic text.
    In my opinion the interaction between Canvas Scaler and Dynamic Fonts is buggy and poorly implemented, and it has been so for, well, ever.

Is this not-fixable? If it is, how is it not the top priority for the UI team? Is it true that there's a paid plug-in in the Asset Store that fixes it? (That would be just shameful)

If there's one important thing every UI (computer?) should be able to do is to render crisp and clear text, no?

2. SimonDarksideJ

SimonDarksideJ

You have to remember, that the text system is still the old legacy text system. Unity have said they will replace it at some point but no firm plans as yet.

I usually recommend to get one of the Text assets off the store which have a better text system. bes one I'm aware of is TextMeshPro as it has a wide array of features.

Hope this helps.