Search Unity

Feedback Can't use URP build-in post processing while using cinemachine

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by ThouSun, Jan 10, 2020.

1. ThouSun

ThouSun

Hi
    It seems like the new URP build-in post processing is different from post processing V2. So I can't find the post processing V2 adapter for cinemachine.
    Meanwhile, URP is not compatible with the post-processing version 2 package. And this really got me into trouble.
    I am using Unity2019.3.0f3, URP7.1.7 and Cinemachine 2.3.4. They are all up to date version.

upload_2020-1-10_16-53-32.png

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

URP has post-processing built-in. Remove the PostProcessing package, upgrade CM to 2.4.0 (available now in preview version), and then use the CinemachineVolumeSettings extension for PostProcessing.

styGGx and jimmack like this.
  3. ThouSun

ThouSun

Hi, thanks for your reply.
    I tried this method but the post processing effect only appears in scene view, but not in game view

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

5. glasshalfpool

glasshalfpool

I'm having a similar problem.

I've upgraded a project to URP. This caused a number of issues which has dominoed to the point where my game will now not run:

1. I setup URP as instructed but could not get post-processing effects to work. I managed to get them working by changing post processing from "integrated" to "V2".

2. As "V2" is now deprecated I removed it from Unity.

3. Upon trying to run the game I now have a number of errors related to Cinemachine which I do not know how to fix. An example:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.cinemachine@2.6.2\Runtime\Behaviours\CinemachineCameraOffset.cs(2,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Utility' does not exist in the namespace 'Cinemachine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    4. Cinemachine has also disappeared from the menu.

Any help in solving this would be much appreciated.

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Seems to be a problem with your package cache. Try uninstalling and re-installing Cinemachine. If that doesn't work, try re-importing your project.