Search Unity

Feedback Can’t show any ads with Levelplay including test ads

Discussion in 'LevelPlay' started by enhawk, Mar 1, 2023.

1. enhawk

enhawk

I have everything correctly implemented according to the documentation.

All networks and waterfalls are correctly configured in ironsource (for unity ads, meta, admob etc) I get no errors in compilation in either Unity or Xcode.

My account is still pending for Ironsource approval. It has been this way for a while.

According to the FAQ I should still be able to run test ads or ads from other networks while waiting, this doesn’t seem to be happening. No ads appear when called, even test ads. I added some code to debug print the error code and it says “empty waterfall” for all ad types.

C43CB72E-FC9E-4402-B968-48F4D4FF4AA2.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  2. enhawk

enhawk

@jcGrenier

I got a support email from Ironsource. In order to activate my account, I need to do a whole list of things.

Without doing all those things, I can't even get Levelplay test ads working.

Is this the normal Levelplay sign up process?

3. jcGrenier

jcGrenier

Unity Technologies

Hi @hawken ,

Sorry to hear that, unfortunately I have little knowledge of the sign up process. I have mostly been working on the integration of LevelPlay into the Unity editor since we merged with IronSource.
    I will let the team know about your question and see if someone is more familiar or has ressources to offer.

4. valonsoft

valonsoft

Am afraid that the ads would not show up — even when they approve your account. Most likely, the SDK has not been fully added to your app. THE DEFAULT SET UP DOES NOT WORK!

enhawk likes this.
  5. enhawk

enhawk

Could you elaborate? I installed the SDK

6. valonsoft

valonsoft

7. NapalmDest54

NapalmDest54

Having the same issue. Seems every avenue, no ad is ever available.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  8. dave_oak

dave_oak

enhawk likes this.
  9. enhawk

enhawk

I got an email from Ironsource that said they need to evaluate each app before enabling them to go live. Does this affect the ability to show ads using Levelplay? until the app using Levelplay is approved by Ironsource?

Would be good to get confirmation if this is the case or not.

Brother_77 likes this.
  10. enhawk

enhawk

I just got an email from Ironsource asking which app I want to run test ads on.

I guess this answers the question about if Levelplay can run test ads without Ironsource approval.

11. valonsoft

valonsoft

The first thing you should do is to use adb logcat to check whether there's an error with your installation, especially about missing "lcom/ironsource/mediationsdk/sdk.... files".

12. enhawk

enhawk

I'm mostly developing for iOS. I can build to Android fine, no missing files. Ads don't show though

13. cnguyen_unitylevelplay

cnguyen_unitylevelplay

Unity Technologies

Hey @hawken
    Just some clarification on some points:

1) if you have your own LevelPlay account set up with appkeys, yes they do need to be vetted and approved before they can serve live ads
    2) During the development phase, you should be able to serve test ads at the very least in a barebones demo project (just make sure the appkeys are changed):
    https://github.com/ironsource-mobile/Mediation-Demo-Apps
    3) if you or anyone else is still having trouble getting ads, you can open a ticket for our team to resolve your specific issues:
    https://ironsrc.formtitan.com/knowledge-center

Kind Regards,
    -Curtis

14. KevinCastejon

KevinCastejon

This all Ironsource thing has no sense... It's been 48h that it's driving me crazy, tons of errors, wrong configurations, missing or present but not found SDK... putting ads in an app is a hell I had not imagine giving the other Unity services are pretty 'straight forward' to use.
    I tested like 10 new projects to make a fresh start each time, I managed to have one project where I can actually see my test ads, but no idea why this one is working, I test it with another IronSource app (means I init the agent with another Ironsource app id) and it's not working anymore, even if there is NO DIFFERENCE between the two IronSource apps. Even weirder, I deactivated (archived) the app on the ironsource dashboard... but, when I use this (deactivated) app id, it's still working on my Unity project !
    My brain exploded
    I give up
    I let this service in the garbage I found it and will see other possibilities such as GoogleAdMob

15. cnguyen_unitylevelplay

cnguyen_unitylevelplay

Unity Technologies

@KevinCastejon
    Sorry to hear that. Configurations (active ad units, networks, placements, capping/pacing, groups, segments, approval status etc) are unique to each applicationKey. If you are can get ads for one appkey and not the other, the latter probably has a unique account setting that needs to be fixed.

A support ticket should be opened if you can't get ads for one appkey:
    https://ironsrc.formtitan.com/knowledge-center

Once it's open, DM me your support ticket number and I can assist you there.

16. KevinCastejon

KevinCastejon

What do you mean by that? When created the latter one I used the option that takes settings of another app, so it's a copy of the other one except that it doesn't work.

And what about the fact that the older one has been archived but is still working ?

Attached Files:

17. KevinCastejon

KevinCastejon

How is it possible that no one of you guys have tested the whole process, as any fresh new customer do, and see that half of the documentation is broken link, outdated screenshots, and looping hypertext (A>B>C>A>B...)?
    How is it possible that no one of you guys have tested your IronSourceSDK installation and see that the dependency resolver is an old non-working version with missing gradlew.bat that we have to update ourselves manually (after painfully finding out the error source) ?
    Why does Unity have a new package called Ads Mediation, that comes as a replacement for the Advertisement with Mediation and Advertisement Legacy old packages, but the doc on IronSource says nothing about it and says to install their package directly?
    Why everything has changed names a hundred times and the docs are using older and newer brand names randomly? What is LevelPlay, IronSource, Mediation, UnityAds, how are we supposed to not get lost when noob in the ad game?
    Sorry for complaining like that but it's really a shame...
    I hope everything will soon be fixed, straightforward and user-friendly, but I doubt when I see the time all the errors I encountered (you just really got a small teaser of all the issues i had/have) have been reported and still not resolved...

Casio and BTStone like this.
  18. cnguyen_unitylevelplay

cnguyen_unitylevelplay

Unity Technologies

@KevinCastejon
    I understand your frustration. But I also don't want to expose any private account information on a public forum. A DM with your support ticket (and relevant account information) is needed to properly troubleshoot.

19. Casio

Casio

The support at the levelplay/ironsource is far below expectations. They take days to get back to you and the documentation is extremely lacking. Empty waterfalls are common but documentation is absent. We have the same experience with empty waterfall. We had planned to move all our ads over based on the comments that levelplay will be replacing unity ads. If anyone has any documentation once an account has been verified and financials confirmed please post here.

We had planned to move all our apps over to levelplay from the classic unity ads but have been stonewalled for a month with these issues.

20. KevinCastejon

KevinCastejon

Who asked you to??? I do not even understand why you're saying that !?
    There is no ticket to open as I abandonned everything, but I listed a bunch of issues that you did not even consider into your answers:
    - Why the IronSourceSdk comes with an outdated Dependency Resolver package?
    - Should we install via the new LevelPlay specific Unity package (called Ads Mediation and present on the package manager) ?
    - And, on top of everything, why the documentations (Unity doc AND IronSource doc) are not kept up to date ? (ie : it took me ages to find the new location of the Test Mode toggle button)

21. cnguyen_unitylevelplay

cnguyen_unitylevelplay

Unity Technologies

@KevinCastejon
    Not just you, but this applies to any developer running into issues with specifically the levelplay platform/delivery or integration. But opening a support ticket is generally recommended since it could pertain to account related specifics. The levelplay forum team is just a handful of people and here to support users

@Casio
    DM me your support ticket number and I can see why you aren't getting a timely response. If its an empty waterfall I can assist immediately. Check my response history with other users seeing the same thing

To answer Kevin's points:
    - Why the IronSourceSdk comes with an outdated Dependency Resolver package?
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/how-to-update-dependency-resolver-to-latest-version.1428793/

Latest package from migration docs are here:
    https://developers.is.com/ironsource-mobile/unity/unity-migration-sdk/#step-1

- Should we install via the new LevelPlay specific Unity package (called Ads Mediation and present on the package manager) ?

Migration docs:
    https://developers.is.com/ironsource-mobile/unity/unity-migration-sdk/

Just to clarify, Ad Mediation from the package manager should now be sunset. Levelplay (previously ironSource) is now the mediation SDK and is currently not available in the package manager (but we're working on it).

- And, on top of everything, why the documentations (Unity doc AND IronSource doc) are not kept up to date ? (ie : it took me ages to find the new location of the Test Mode toggle button)

We've updated the platform UI recently and the documentation team is in the process of updating.