Search Unity

Can't open project from terminal

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by WilyC, Jan 1, 2020.

1. WilyC

WilyC

I'm trying to follow the instructions provided here:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/2019.3/Documentation/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html

...right off the bat the path isn't there, so I'm assuming I dip into the /Hub folder and obtain the path as:
    /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0f1/Unity.app/Contents/MacOs

So then I try to open my project (which opens fine when clicked on within Unity Hub) using the command:
    ./Unity -projectPath /Users/me/Development/ProjectDir

It pops up a promising dialog that spins through the startup procedure, but then it terminates with an error presented in the dialog as follows:

Unity Package Manager Error

Could not establish a connection with the Unity Package Manager local server process. This is most likely due to a proxy or firewall configuration. Make sure the process [/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0f1/Unity.app/Contents/Resources/PackageManager/Server/UnityPackageManager] is reachable via HTTP on the IP address 127.0.0.1.

Click on Retry to relaunch Unity and reopen your project.

Click on Diagnose to launch the Unity Package Manager Diagnostics tool.

I'm on macOs 10.15.2

2. AskCarol

AskCarol

Hey there! Are you using Hub 2.2.2?

3. Vita_Sa

Vita_Sa

Unity Technologies

4. WilyC

WilyC

I am indeed using 2.2.2.

I did read that thread but it seems focused on Windows. Also mine works 100% fine when I use the UI in the Hub to open the project. I only get that error from the command line.

I suspect this has to do with the new security features in Catalina.

Just to see if this is just me - is anyone else using macOS Catalina (10.15.2) and is able to confirm that opening a projectDir from the command line works for them? ...or doesn't work?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  5. idbrii

idbrii

Late reply but I can confirm that running `/Applications/Unity-2019.4.1f1/Unity.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity -projectPath .` from inside my project folder opens my project in macOS Catalina (10.15.5). I'm not using Unity Hub and I installed Unity with brew.

Thanks to this thread for helping me find the -projectPath argument I was missing!