Search Unity

Could not establish a connection with the Unity Package Manager local server process.

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by RPGgeek, Sep 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPGgeek

RPGgeek

Hi,I was trying to make my own game until two days ago.But i can't developing my game anymore because of unity's weird crash problem.And it says nothing,i did everything come to my mind.
    i've shut off firewall,shut off windows defender,chanced my router,i did everything really.
    But problem doesn't solve and i think problem is seems like major and complex,i don't think i can solve that problem because i am not an experienced computer engineer,i am just university student.
    Please,im waiting your help,i don't wanna reinstall Windows 10 i cant reinstall because I have important information on my system.

connection status for http://127.0.0.1/ is ok.

i was installed Razer Cortex software and optimized my game and after that did system clean maybe that's why this problem come up i don't know.

Here is Editor log.

Code (JavaScript):
    1. Initiating legacy licensing module
    3. LICENSE SYSTEM [2019917 14:5:3] Next license update check is after 2019-09-17T16:08:03
    5. Built from '2019.2/staging' branch; Version is '2019.2.5f1 (9dace1eed4cc) revision 10333409'; Using compiler version '191627012'
    6. OS: 'Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit' Language: 'tr' Physical Memory: 8106 MB
    7. BatchMode: 0, IsHumanControllingUs: 1, StartBugReporterOnCrash: 1, Is64bit: 1, IsPro: 0
    8. [Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 60302 was selected
    10. COMMAND LINE ARGUMENTS:
    11. C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.2.0b1\Editor\2019.2.5f1\Editor\Unity.exe
    12. Failed to connect to local IPC Name not known
    13. C:/Users/hannibal/Documents/BardakBulmaca
    14. Using Asset Import Pipeline V1.
    15. [Package Manager] Server::EnsureServerProcessIsRunning -- ReadyRequest exceeded maximum alloted time, ran for [693] seconds
    16. [Package Manager] Server::Kill -- Server was shutdown
    17. [Package Manager] PackageManager Server::Start -- Process restart attempt #2
    19. [Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 55698 was selected
    20. [Package Manager] Server::EnsureServerProcessIsRunning -- ReadyRequest exceeded maximum alloted time, ran for [10] seconds
    21. [Package Manager] Server::Kill -- Server was shutdown
    22. [Package Manager] PackageManager Server::Start -- Process restart attempt #3
    24. [Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 55702 was selected
    25. [Package Manager] Cannot connect to Unity Package Manager local server
    26. [Package Manager] Server::EnsureServerProcessIsRunning -- ReadyRequest exceeded maximum alloted time, ran for [10] seconds
    27. [Package Manager] Server::Kill -- Server was shutdown
    28. [Package Manager] PackageManager Server::Start -- Process restart attempt #4
    30. [Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 55704 was selected
    31. [Package Manager] Cannot connect to Unity Package Manager local server
    32. [Package Manager] Server::EnsureServerProcessIsRunning -- ReadyRequest exceeded maximum alloted time, ran for [10] seconds
    33. [Package Manager] Server::Kill -- Server was shutdown
    34. [Package Manager] PackageManager Server::Start -- Process restart attempt #5
    36. [Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 55707 was selected
    37. [Package Manager] Could not establish a connection with the Unity Package Manager local server process. This is most likely due to a proxy or firewall configuration. Make sure the process [C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.2.0b1/Editor/2019.2.5f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/Server/UnityPackageManager.exe] is reachable via HTTP on the IP address 127.0.0.1.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  2. RPGgeek

RPGgeek

Please im wainting for your help,i don't have so much time i have to finish my game within 1 week.

3. samuelb_unity

samuelb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @RPGgeek,

I see from the logs that you're using Unity 2019.2.5f1 - were you using a different version of Unity before this issue started occurring?

If you have other versions of Unity installed, could you try creating a new project in a different Unity version and telling us whether the same issue is occurring?

Thanks for your patience,
    Sam

Plague_of_unity likes this.
  4. RPGgeek

RPGgeek

Hi @samuelb_unity thanks for reply.
    No,i have been using 2019.2.5f1 for long time.This problem is occurred suddenly.
    Reinstalling unity didn't solve.
    "could you try creating a new project in a different Unity version" i can't open any project,unity stops itself while loading package manager and after about 1 minute throws that message.
    Now i've reinstalled unith hub,but this time it says "The application path cannot be opened".

5. samuelb_unity

samuelb_unity

Unity Technologies

If you have other versions of Unity installed, could you try creating a new project in a different Unity version and telling us whether the same issue is occurring?

This will at least tell us whether the problem is system-wide. Thanks!

6. RPGgeek

RPGgeek

@samuelb_unity
    Yes i have 2017.1.0f3 version too.İ tried open my project with that version of unity without unity hub,and it has successifully started my project !
    But in 2019 version problem is continues,i think there is a communicating problem between unity hub and unity.

honeyice611 likes this.
  7. rohitdesai

rohitdesai

same issue with unity 2019.2.5f1
    proxy setting works with 2018, but its not installed via hub, the thing here is unity 2019 is inside unity hub folder and when you launch unity via proxy settings the editor doesn't load and throughs following error. upload_2019-9-17_15-16-0.png

8. RPGgeek

RPGgeek

İ've tried all of unity 2019 versions but that problem always continue.
    Problem is package manager of unity 2019 itself.
    There is a big problem in here but sadly i have to finish my game in 1 week but how can i ? İ can't even open unity 2019 !

İ had use a lot of game engines and no one crash like this.
    Reinstalling unity and change version doesn't fix the error.
    Unity let me down.

9. RPGgeek

RPGgeek

Reinstalling windows has solved the problem.İ can't believe could be like that bug since 2017.

10. samuelb_unity

samuelb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @RPGgeek,

You should never have to re-install Windows to solve a problem with Unity Package Manager. There is most likely some network configuration or antivirus preventing Unity from communicating with Package Manager but it can be hard for us to pinpoint due to the many variables in a user's setup.

I am sorry to hear about the trouble this has caused you. I ensure you we are working on ways of troubleshooting this issue such as the Unity Package Manager Diagnostics tool that is now shipped with Unity. In recent versions of Unity you will see 3 options: Quit, Retry & Diagnose

Hi @rohitdesai,

Could you clarify what you mean by this:
    Were you following these guidelines (https://forum.unity.com/threads/network-configuration.590470/) on setting the HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY environment variables? Did you set any other proxy-related environment variables? And did you start Unity directly from the command line or did you start Unity Hub from the command line?

basitabdul and Walter_Hulsebos like this.
  11. F8CHILLYT

F8CHILLYT

How do you fix this? Please help i want to get into developing and this seems to be one of the best but of doesn't work!

Attached Files:

12. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

Hello @F8CHILLYT,
    Could you run the diagnosis tool to validate your configuration first?

Instructions:
    1. Download the zip
    2. Unzip
      UnityPackageManagerDiagnostics.zip
    3. Double-click the appropriate
      run-diag-<platform>
      for your OS
    4. Allow permissions to run the script
      • On Mac, you will need to Right-click > Open
        run-diag-macos
        to give permission
    5. Attach the generated report file

We look forward to seeing your results!

Lil_Uthis likes this.
  13. dschmuck

dschmuck

Hi Everyone,
    I am getting the same error message when trying to create projects from Unity Hub.
    I set the HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY, but still no success.
    Here are the results of our diagnosis test (the failed tests):

4 out of 6 checks passed:
    {
    "name": "Ping UPM registry",
    "description": "Measure the latency of the UPM package registry API",
    "result": "FAIL",
    "detail": "No successful pings could be made in 5.393 seconds (0 failed)"
    },
    {
    "name": "Ping UPM download",
    "description": "Measure the latency of the UPM package download endpoint",
    "detail": "No successful pings could be made in 5.098 seconds (0 failed)"
    }

Any help would be extremely appreciated, we are currently unable to keep on going with the production!

14. m_jaeger

m_jaeger

Same problem occurs to me at my work environment, where we can only connect to the internet through our company proxy server. (At home, without proxy configuration, it works with all unity versions as intended)

HTTPS_PROXY and HTTP_PROXY environment variables are defined.

2019.2.0b9 was still working.

With 2019.2.8f1 and 2019.3.0b5 the following error occurs when opening a project:

"Could not establish a connection with the Unity Package Manager local server process. This is most likely due to a proxy or firewall configuration. Make sure the process [******/UnityPackageManager.exe] is reachable via HTTP on the IP address 127.0.0.1."

Running the package manager diagnostics gives me this log:

4 out of 6 checks passed:
    [
    {
    "name": "UPM registry reachable",
    "description": "Make an HTTP request to the UPM package registry",
    "result": "PASS",
    "detail": "HTTP/1.1 200 OK\nX-Powered-By: Express\nDate: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 07:43:10 GMT\nConnection: close"
    },
    {
    "detail": "No successful pings could be made in 5.838 seconds (0 failed)"

},
    {
    "detail": "No successful pings could be made in 6.61 seconds (0 failed)"

},
    {
    "name": "UPM registry download speed",
    "description": "Test the Internet connection using the UPM package registry",
    "detail": "Measured speed to the UPM registry: 55.27 Megabits per second"
    },
    {
    "name": "Speedtest.net",
    "description": "Test the Internet connection using Speedtest.net",
    "detail": "Measured speed to the Speedtest.net server: 3.98 Megabits per second"
    },
    {
    "name": "HTTP proxy environment variables",
    "description": "Detect whether proxy-related environment variables are set (HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY, ALL_PROXY, NO_PROXY, UNITY_PROXYSERVER, UNITY_NOPROXY)",
    "detail": "Proxy support has been configured through the following environment variables:\nHTTPS_PROXY = http://****removed****:8080\nHTTP_PROXY = http://****removed****:8080"
    }
    ]

15. dschmuck

dschmuck

Hi @m_jaeger and everyone else struggling with this issue.
    We figured out a way around this, which is working (at least for us).
    Besides setting our HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY in our environment variables we also set
    UNITY_NOPROXY=localhost,127.0.0.1
    When only setting it to localhost we still got the error, but adding localhost and 127.0.0.1 Unity starts up fine and the package manager is working as expected.
    Hope this might help somebody else :)

tahatlal and nmcconnellubi like this.
  16. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Note:
    localhost,127.0.0.1
    is the *default* value if
    UNITY_NOPROXY
    is not set.

17. m_jaeger

m_jaeger

Hi! Thanks for the suggestion @dschmuck, but I had already tried this and sadly also doesn't change the outcome for me. :(

I would be happy about any other suggestions from anyone

EDIT: just tried it with 2020.1.0a7, also didn't work

18. goel_sam123

goel_sam123

I am using unity Version 2019.2.6f1 and I downloaded the terrain tools package from unity package manager. I am a noob at developing games and wanted to start with terrain design in unity. However after I restarted unity I got this Wierd Error. - could-not-establish-a-connection-with-the-unity-package-manager. I did set my UNITY_NOPROXY variable but still get this error. I google only to rip my hair apart and finding nothing that worked. Hope this gets resolved soon!

abdullahaljarif3 likes this.
  19. jo3d

jo3d

I had the same issue as dschmuck and setting the UNITY_NOPROXY fixed the problem. How come that it is not working if I dont set the variable? Shouldn`t it work if its default?

20. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

@jo3d. this is really weird! Are you sure you didn't have the
    UNITY_NOPROXY
    env var already defined? And which version of Unity are you using?

Thanks!

21. nmcconnellubi

nmcconnellubi

thank you @dschmuck that fixed my problem

FYI, for unity diagnostics - I installed several versions of the editor. 2019.2.3f1 did not manifest the package manager problem. 2019.2.4f1 and newer versions of the editor did have the problem where it said it could not connect to the package manager on 127.0.0.1

I am quite certain that I did not have a UNITY_NOPROXY environment variable when I was having problems.

When I originally installed the editor, I did have the setting no_proxy=artifactory which I don't think should be relevant? I deleted it and that had no impact.

I tried a couple values for UNITY_NOPROXY. When is had UNITY_NOPROXY=127.0.0.1,localhost that didn't seem to solve my issue, but UNITY_NOPROXY=localhost,127.0.0.1 solved my problem, even though those two seem like they should be equivalent

Unfortunately, I can no longer test any theories using my current PC, because now that it's in a good state, I can't get it back into a bad state. Even when I delete my environment variable, or set it to a garbage value, like UNITY_NOPROXY=blarg, my editor still starts up fine now

dschmuck likes this.
  22. m_jaeger

m_jaeger

The issue suddently resolved for me too. What fixed it for me was just doing a restart of windows after setting all the proxy environment variables(http proxy, https proxy, unity_noproxy). After that now everything seems to work with all unity versions.

23. ValidCoders

ValidCoders

Та же проблема!!! Не могу никак решить! Я новенький, хотел начать разработку игры, но не получилось...

24. WhiteWolfProject

WhiteWolfProject

Some problems from 2018 - all unity versions above 5.6.6. Can't connect package manager after windows 10 next update, then one week to test all finding in internet methods - and magical - again work. Until next win10 updating.
    Current not working version - 2019.2.10, 2020.1

Attached Files:

25. WhiteWolfProject

WhiteWolfProject

Бери анреал. Последний проект я даунгрейдил с юнити 2018 на версию 5.6.6 (это последняя версия без package manager, и самая стабильная - но на ней в гугл не берут), финалку обратно на 2018 для релизного билда.

26. WhiteWolfProject

WhiteWolfProject

Breaking news - when you add program to white list, or turn off windows defender - there's nothing changed - defender still to work, and block unity.
    Microsoft doesn't give you real control on defender - only imitation.
    If you want to work with unity - you must to make selection - defender or unity, and if selected unity - to kill defender.
    How to kill defender:
    - press Win + R keys, tape regedit - and press Enter.
    - in editor window move to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\mpssvc
    - on right panel twice click on Start parameter
    - enter value 4
    - restart windows and run unity.

Galse22 and ActiveSim like this.
  27. mativ

mativ

how do i do this

28. mativ

mativ

6 out of 6 passed but it still doesn't work
    hers my log:
    6 out of 6 checks passed:
    [
    {
    "name": "UPM registry reachable",
    "description": "Make an HTTP request to the UPM package registry",
    "detail": "HTTP/1.1 200 OK\nX-Powered-By: Express\nDate: Sat, 09 Nov 2019 17:44:36 GMT\nConnection: close"
    },
    {
    "detail": "7 pings made in 5.751 seconds\nAverage latency: 141.60 ms\nMinimum latency: 138.22 ms\nMaximum latency: 147.96 ms\nStandard deviation: 3.46"
    },
    {
    "detail": "6 pings made in 5.612 seconds\nAverage latency: 26.67 ms\nMinimum latency: 24.32 ms\nMaximum latency: 31.60 ms\nStandard deviation: 2.61"
    },
    {
    "name": "UPM registry download speed",
    "description": "Test the Internet connection using the UPM package registry",
    "detail": "Measured speed to the UPM registry: 3.05 Megabits per second"
    },
    {
    "name": "Speedtest.net",
    "description": "Test the Internet connection using Speedtest.net",
    "detail": "Measured speed to the Speedtest.net server: 9.39 Megabits per second"
    },
    {
    "name": "HTTP proxy environment variables",
    "description": "Detect whether proxy-related environment variables are set (HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY, ALL_PROXY, NO_PROXY, UNITY_PROXYSERVER, UNITY_NOPROXY)",
    "detail": "No proxy support has been configured through environment variables."
    }
    ]

29. hyunkilee

hyunkilee

In my case, I could solve this issue by deleting Unity folder under the Roaming data(%AppData%/Roaming/Unity). :)

vapeurz likes this.
  30. dougaust

dougaust

I had just updated to 2018.4.12f1 and had to have the proxy values to be able to sign in, in the hub but hit with the package manager error and it wouldnt load into the editor unless I removed the proxy settings. But this meant I couldnt sign in or then use the asset store. However the UNITY_NOPROXY=localhost,127.0.0.1 value seems to have got it working, so my guess is that the editor is not defaulting to this for some reason

karnawatsujal343 likes this.
  31. karnawatsujal343

karnawatsujal343

[Package Manager]Could not establish a connection with the Unity Package Manager local server process. This is most likely due to a proxy or firewall configuration. Make sure the process[C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.2. 0b1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/Server/UnityPakageManager.exe] is reachable via HTTP on IP address 127.0.0.1.
    Sir please solve my problem
    & I'm waiting for your reply......

Attached Files:

32. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

33. HelmiHNuW

HelmiHNuW

Hey, i have tried your way, and it works well

So i go to, C:\Users\(account name)\AppData(sometimes it's Hidden)\Roaming\Unity then delete all files in there because i can't delete the folder

And to another tips unhide theAppData folder, select View menu in Explorer, tick the Hidden items in Show/hide ribbon

stupidrobot7896 likes this.
  34. ActiveSim

ActiveSim

It doesn't work for me. Tried with versions 2019.2.14f1 and 2019.3.0a12

35. anirudhnandavar

anirudhnandavar

Hi Community,

One combination of solutions that worked for me was as follows:

1. Firewall White-listing of the editor program:
    Go to windows firewall -> Advanced Settings -> Inbound rules - > Create new Rule-> type: program -> Complete path to the unity editor -> Allow Connections -> Give it a name -> Save.
    2. Setting Environmental variables:
    HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY and UNITY_NOPROXY=localhost,127.0.0.1

What baffled me is that the Rules are already existing (probably installation set-up takes care of this), but it doesn't work. The same rule that I explicitly create (or in this re-create) seems to work.
    It's high time that Unity adds an option in Hub to set proxy. I had heard this feature being on the road map from a Unity employee, but haven't seen any progress in this regard. PLEASE DO IT!

best,
    Ani​

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  36. Humam3D

Humam3D

well for me its solved :)

i applied below

upload_2019-12-6_15-1-34.png

beside latest answer from @anirudhnandavar

upload_2019-12-6_15-2-8.png

zambeloago and AdanRoberto like this.
  37. diemre2015

diemre2015

Help me! IMG-20191222-WA0017.jpeg

38. Atakanos

Atakanos

Local server error can be resolve. You should open Intermediate Server from your Connection Settings.
    You may have a Virus. This buggy can change these settings. "Use Intermediate Server" not select. If selected in your computer, you should uncheck that. Check the Auto Only. Have a nice day!
    Inkedss_LI.jpg

39. kakimochi

kakimochi

Solved in my situation.
    It seems to me that the proxy blocked for local addresses.

- Open "LAN Settings" on Windows
    - Checked "BYPASS proxy server for local addresses"
    - other settings might be set correctly on your situation

hope:D

40. Joevani

Joevani

I Solved My Problem By uninstalling Avast Antivirus And Turning Off Firewall

41. RomainF-Ubisoft

RomainF-Ubisoft

Had the problem when I migrated my project from 2018.3.14f1 to 2018.4.17f1. The newest version kept having the "Could not establish a connection with the Unity Package Manager" error while if I loaded the project with the previous version, it was working flawlessly.

I added the UNITY_NOPROXY=localhost,127.0.0.1 environment variable and it's working now.

@unitydevs: if it's not the appropriate fix, what would be a good one? Thanks

42. ppkw2001

ppkw2001

Every time a new file is created or opened in the Unity Hub, an error appears like the first picture. When you restart and open the computer, it does open. However, if you close the file and try to reopen it, an error occurs again. It was useless to try reinstalling the program by asking questions in various places and to erase all the vaccine programs needed by public organizations. Every time I opened the file, an error occurred and I was at a point where I could not learn. to be in need of assistance

43. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello @ppkw2001 ,

I'm sorry to see you are having this issue. I guess that when you mention that you are opening or reopening a file from Unity Hub, you mean a project, but in any case, could you walk me through the steps on how you find this issue?

Would you mind trying the latest version (v0.1.5) of the diagnostic tool and share the log? We added an extra check which tries to launch the Unity Package Manager process and perform a health check. Here is a link to download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aQM2LgsH_txgkXItBvvqHDLWPXcBgcAT/view?usp=sharing

Could you please provide the Editor.log and upm.log? To gather these files, please refer to the Log files section in Unity User Manual.

Cheers,

Supi

44. ppkw2001

ppkw2001

Thank you.
    This is diagnostic-report.txt

Unity Package Manager Diagnostics (v0.1.5)
    ============
    Ran 7 checks
    ============
    5 succeeded
    1 returned a warning
    1 did not run
    ============
    ✅ UPM registry reachable (PASS)
    Make an HTTP request to the UPM package registry
    >> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    >> X-Powered-By: Express
    >> Provider: Genesis
    >> Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 10:02:35 GMT
    >> Connection: close

✅ Ping UPM registry (PASS)
    Measure the latency of the UPM package registry API
    >> 5 pings made in 5.729 seconds
    >> Average latency: 198.87 ms
    >> Minimum latency: 183.82 ms
    >> Maximum latency: 226.59 ms
    >> Standard deviation: 18.96

⚠️ Ping UPM download (WARNING)
    Measure the latency of the UPM package download endpoint
    >> 3 pings made in 5.166 seconds
    >> Average latency: 151.77 ms
    >> Minimum latency: 141.30 ms
    >> Maximum latency: 171.03 ms
    >> Standard deviation: 16.70

✅ UPM registry download speed (PASS)
    Test the Internet connection using the UPM package registry
    >> Measured speed to the UPM registry: 12.08 Megabits per second

✅ Speedtest.net (PASS)
    Test the Internet connection using Speedtest.net
    >> Measured speed to the Speedtest.net server: 8.79 Megabits per second

✅ HTTP proxy environment variables (PASS)
    Detect whether proxy-related environment variables are set (HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY, ALL_PROXY, NO_PROXY, UNITY_PROXYSERVER, UNITY_NOPROXY)
    >> Proxy support has been configured through the following environment variables:
    >> UNITY_NOPROXY = localhost

❓ UPM health check (UNKNOWN)
    Start the UPM process and call its health endpoint
    >> No UPM executable path provided

And... I don't understand it... sorry...
    "Could you please provide the Editor.log and upm.log? To gather these files, please refer to the Log files section in Unity User Manual."

45. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

46. ppkw2001

ppkw2001

[LicensingClient] ERROR Failed to connect to local IPC
    [Licensing::Module] Failed to connect to channel: LicenseClient-ppkw2
    [Licensing::Module] Successfully launched the LicensingClient
    [LicensingClient] Timed-out attempting to connect to the Licensing Client on pipe: LicenseClient-ppkw2.
    [LicensingClient] ERROR Failed to connect to local IPC
    [Licensing::Module] Failed to connect to channel: LicenseClient-ppkw2
    IPC channel to LicensingClient doesn't exist; falling back to Legacy licensing
    [LicensingClient] ERROR Failed to disconnect local IPC connection
    LICENSE SYSTEM [2020317 21:12:37] Next license update check is after 2020-03-17T09:32:00
    Built from '2019.3/staging' branch; Version is '2019.3.5f1 (d691e07d38ef) revision 14062048'; Using compiler version '191627012'
    OS: 'Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit' Language: 'ko' Physical Memory: 11829 MB
    BatchMode: 0, IsHumanControllingUs: 1, StartBugReporterOnCrash: 1, Is64bit: 1, IsPro: 0
    [Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 54532 was selected
    COMMAND LINE ARGUMENTS:
    C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.3.5f1\Editor\Unity.exe
    -projectPath
    C:\Users\ppkw2\Unity_Study\Unity-Programming-Essence-master\02\3D Demo
    Successfully changed project path to: C:\Users\ppkw2\Unity_Study\Unity-Programming-Essence-master\02\3D Demo
    C:/Users/ppkw2/Unity_Study/Unity-Programming-Essence-master/02/3D Demo
    Using Asset Import Pipeline V2.
    [Package Manager] Server::EnsureServerProcessIsRunning -- ReadyRequest exceeded maximum alloted time, ran for [10] seconds
    [Package Manager] Server::Kill -- Server was shutdown
    [Package Manager] PackageManager Server::Start -- Process restart attempt #2
    [Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 58716 was selected
    [Package Manager] Cannot connect to Unity Package Manager local server
    [Package Manager] Server::EnsureServerProcessIsRunning -- ReadyRequest exceeded maximum alloted time, ran for [10] seconds
    [Package Manager] PackageManager Server::Start -- Process restart attempt #3
    [Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 51667 was selected
    [Package Manager] PackageManager Server::Start -- Process restart attempt #4
    [Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 57549 was selected
    [Package Manager] Could not establish a connection with the Unity Package Manager local server process. This is most likely due to a proxy or firewall configuration. Make sure the process [C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.5f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/Server/UnityPackageManager.exe] is reachable via HTTP on the IP address 127.0.0.1.
    [Package Manager] Diagnostics::Start -- Successfully launched external process
    [Package Manager] Diagnostics::Wait -- Process finished after 117.15 seconds
    Exiting without the bug reporter. Application will terminate with return code 1

Right this?

47. ppkw2001

ppkw2001

May I ask you a few questions?
    1. Is this a common error?
    2. Is it a unique problem with my computer?
    3. Do you have any idea why an error is occurring?
    4. Will there be the same error if I buy a new computer?

Thank you for listening to my problems and trying to help. I'm sorry to bother you.

48. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey,

Thanks a lot for providing the logs. This error is a symptom of different problems, it mainly happens for our users in Windows. In the version of Unity you are running 2019.3.5f1 I've seen this error being caused by a firewall/antivirus blocking local connections in the computer.

Some users have reported than Windows Defender is causing this problem for them. There's a couple of approaches in this same thread related to this:

recreate the Defender Whitelisting rules for Unity: https://forum.unity.com/threads/cou...ger-local-server-process.746267/#post-5244935

disabling Windows Defender: https://forum.unity.com/threads/cou...ger-local-server-process.746267/#post-5116958

Hope you figure out soon where the problem lays on your end. Please when you do, come back and tell us what worked for you.

Cheers,

Supi

49. benloveunity

benloveunity

Can you solve the problem? if the answer is positive, how was it?

50. ppkw2001

ppkw2001

I don't think it's working... I plan to buy a new computer in a month, and if there is a problem with that computer, I will try again... I'm sorry... I really appreciate your help.

supita_unity likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.