Search Unity

Can't implement interface member 'IStoreListener'

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by swifter14, Nov 27, 2019.

1. swifter14

swifter14

I tried to upgrade UNITY from 2019.1.8f1 to 2019.2.13f1, and started to get a lot of compiler errors about IAP
    also upgraded IAP to the latest version
    -Can't implement interface member 'IStoreListener'
    using UnityEngine.Purchasing.Security -The name security does not exist in the namespace

I downgraded back to 2019.1.8f1 but having the same error
    I'm currently stuck with my project. Everything was perfect until that update :\

siddharth3322 likes this.
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

For the time being, you'll likely want to use a project backup before the upgrade. Keep in mind that IAP requires both the In App Purchasing package in Package Manager, and the IAP asset store package. Make sure you have both installed.

3. swifter14

swifter14

I did upgrade both Package Manager and IAP asset store (also removed the plugin folder and reimported)

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

So the backup solution would be the path forward. There should be no need to upgrade the package in Package Manager, or removing plugin folders. What file is the error in? I might suggest to try with a brand new/empty project and import IAP to compare, for testing.

5. swifter14

swifter14

OK now I'm using my backup (entire Unity project folder backup which I stored before all upgrades), using Unity 2019.1.8f1, Now I'm getting different errors with UnityPurcheshing scripts, what a nightmare, this is why I'm afraid to update Unity,
    so now it's the same old backup, but maybe something is different with Unity 2019.1.8f1 app when I updated the IAP?
    Errors:
    Assets\Plugins\UnityChannel\XiaomiSupport\AppStoreSettings.cs(7,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Store' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Plugins\UnityPurchasing\script\IAPDemo.cs(20,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Store' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Plugins\UnityChannel\XiaomiSupport\AppStoreSettings.cs(28,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AppInfo' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Plugins\UnityPurchasing\script\CodelessIAPStoreListener.cs(21,19): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProductCatalog' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Plugins\UnityPurchasing\script\IAPConfigurationHelper.cs(12,91): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProductCatalog' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Plugins\UnityPurchasing\script\IAPDemo.cs(36,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IAppleExtensions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Plugins\UnityPurchasing\script\IAPDemo.cs(37,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IMoolahExtension' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Plugins\UnityPurchasing\script\IAPDemo.cs(38,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ISamsungAppsExtensions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Plugins\UnityPurchasing\script\IAPDemo.cs(39,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IMicrosoftExtensions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Plugins\UnityPurchasing\script\IAPDemo.cs(40,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IUnityChannelExtensions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Plugins\UnityPurchasing\script\IAPDemo.cs(41,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ITransactionHistoryExtensions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Plugins\UnityPurchasing\script\IAPDemo.cs(42,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'IGooglePlayStoreExtensions' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Plugins\UnityPurchasing\script\IAPDemo.cs(630,38): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ILoginListener' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Plugins\UnityPurchasing\script\IAPDemo.cs(647,29): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'UserInfo' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Plugins\UnityPurchasing\script\IAPDemo.cs(634,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'UserInfo' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

6. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Maybe you can try to delete the Library folder under the project and reopen the project (please make a backup first).

7. swifter14

swifter14

I tried, same errors

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We have heard of reports of users having issues when upgrading between 2019 versions. We are looking into it.

9. swifter14

swifter14

But it doesn't work with the old version as well, I saved the entire UNITY project folder as a backup before the upgrade, and now when opening it (in the same location) I'm getting all those namespace errors, why? I'm using the same project, same unity version and the same folder that already worked before, what else is different? Does Unity change other files in the system that I need to restore? Some personal settings? Packages? I technically can restore those too if you tell me what other changes happened to my system since I installed the new IAP versions and new unity version

10. swifter14

swifter14

Another thing -I noticed that after deleting UnityPurchasing and UnityChannel folders and installing IAP from services and asset store, I don't see that UnityChannel folder is being created.

Update: I'm using now a very old version of the project, and returned to the first problem of this thread- errors on MyIAPManager script, can't implement istorelistener, I can't fix this problem

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  11. swifter14

swifter14

OK I found a backup that worked, the problem is now fixed, I'm not going to upgrade IAP or Unity versions anytime soon, very unstable

12. exzizt

exzizt

Having the same issue!

13. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Did you open the project with a different version of the editor? What version of the editor and IAP are you using?

14. xxluky

xxluky

Same problem here. Everything was working fine until I upgraded IAP to 4.6.0 through the Update Button in Services window.
    Now I have this error: 'MyIAPInit' does not implement interface member 'IStoreListener.OnInitializeFailed(InitializationFailureReason, string?)'

15. PhilG-Unity

PhilG-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @xxluky

The error you're seeing is because a new method was added to the IStoreListener interface in 4.6.0. A variant of OnInitializedFailed() that takes two args: an InitializationFailureReason as 1st arg, and a string as 2nd arg.

In your code, if you do highlight IStoreListener, right-click and do "Go To Definition" (assuming Visual Studio), you will see the definition of the IStoreListener interface. Which looks like this as of 4.6.0

Code (CSharp):
    2. public interface IStoreListener
    3.     {
    4.         [Obsolete]
    5.         void OnInitializeFailed(InitializationFailureReason error);
    7.         void OnInitializeFailed(InitializationFailureReason error, string? message);
    9.         PurchaseProcessingResult ProcessPurchase(PurchaseEventArgs purchaseEvent);
    11.         void OnPurchaseFailed(Product product, PurchaseFailureReason failureReason);
    13.         void OnInitialized(IStoreController controller, IExtensionProvider extensions);
    14.     }

In your class that inherits from IStoreListener you need to have a method defined for both variants of OnInitializedFailed() in order to make the error you listed go away. The variant with just one arg is marked as Obsolete but you still need to have a definition for it in your class to fully implement this interface. Until the old method is removed you need have both.

16. hamman8888

hamman8888

I also went through the same thing with version 4.6.
    The solution was to add this
    public class MyStoreListener : MonoBehaviour, IStoreListener
    {
    // ...
    public void OnInitializeFailed(InitializationFailureReason error)
    {
    // Implementation for old version
    }
    public void OnInitializeFailed(InitializationFailureReason error, string message)
    {
    // Implementation for new version
    }

17. Enrique48k

Enrique48k

I have the same problem. If I display IStoreListener I see the following:

Code (CSharp):
    1. #region ensamblado UnityEngine.Purchasing, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    2. // UnityEngine.Purchasing.dll
    3. #endregion
    6. namespace UnityEngine.Purchasing
    7. {
    8.     public interface IStoreListener
    9.     {
    10.         void OnInitialized(IStoreController controller, IExtensionProvider extensions);
    11.         void OnInitializeFailed(InitializationFailureReason error);
    12.         void OnPurchaseFailed(Product product, PurchaseFailureReason failureReason);
    13.         PurchaseProcessingResult ProcessPurchase(PurchaseEventArgs purchaseEvent);
    14.     }
    15. }

I tried the following example from a new project and the exact same thing happens: Assets\Samples\In App Purchasing\4.7.0\01 Buying Consumables\BuyingConsumables.cs

Assets\Samples\In App Purchasing\4.7.0\01 Buying Consumables\BuyingConsumables.cs(9,53): error CS0535: 'BuyingConsumables' does not implement interface member 'IStoreListener.OnInitializeFailed(InitializationFailureReason)'

18. Yannick_D

Yannick_D

Unity Technologies

yolomobile likes this.
  19. yolomobile

yolomobile

20. Ali-Imran7

Ali-Imran7

Had the same issue.
    Just copy the IStoreListener.OnInitializeFailed(InitializationFailureReason) duplicate the block and add (InitializationFailureReason, string message).
    Your problem will be solved.

SonerAltincit and Deleted User like this.
  21. AliHassan09

AliHassan09

Solved!!!
    Facing the same issue for last hour. finally found the solution down grading In app purchase(IAP) from package manager. the suitable version will remove the error keep changing versions if the problem did not solve. Here's the attach file for installing different versions.

Attached Files:

• IAP.PNG
      IAP.PNG
      File size:
      67.1 KB
      Views:
  22. Arnaud_Gorain

Arnaud_Gorain

Unity Technologies

To keep in mind about downgrading:
    4.4.0 -> Google billing v4 support was added
    4.8.0 -> Google billing v5.1 support was added

23. qtbdinfaiz

qtbdinfaiz

I Updated in-app-purchase package from package manager from version 4.7 to 4.5 and problem have been solved

24. siddharth3322

siddharth3322

Thank you for more specific reply :)

25. Chethan007

Chethan007

Yeah , you need to use Google billing v5.1 now and it is mandatory. I tried many things , finally came up with this solution

Code (CSharp):
    1.  void IStoreListener.OnInitializeFailed(InitializationFailureReason error)
    2. {
    3.      OnInitializeFailed(error, null);
    4. }
    6. public void OnInitializeFailed(InitializationFailureReason error, string message)
    7. {
    8.      MyDebug("IAP Initialization Failed: " + error + " - " + message);
    9. }
    Is this correct? @Arnaud_Gorain

26. Arnaud_Gorain

Arnaud_Gorain

Unity Technologies

Chethan007 likes this.
  27. razzaq94

razzaq94

This is what just worked for me, I added the 2nd Function in class MyStoreListener : MonoBehaviour, IStoreListenerand it's working fine now.

28. magsoftware

magsoftware

29. Arnaud_Gorain

Arnaud_Gorain

Unity Technologies

30. miraycalskn

miraycalskn

Anyone still facing the issue with easy mobile, just add this code to inherited class. Should fix
    Code (CSharp):
    1.             public void OnInitializeFailed(InitializationFailureReason error, string message)
    2.             {
    3.                 // Purchasing set-up has not succeeded. Check error for reason. Consider sharing this reason with the user.
    4.                 Debug.Log("In-App Purchasing OnInitializeFailed. InitializationFailureReason:" + error);
    6.                 // Done initializing.
    7.                 sIsInitializing = false;
    9.                 // Fire event
    10.                 if (InitializeFailed != null)
    11.                     InitializeFailed();
    12.             }