Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't find 2D SpriteShape in Unity 2019.2 Beta

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by ameeruashour, Jun 27, 2019.

1. ameeruashour

ameeruashour

I wanted to start practicing 2D game development with Unity using both the SpriteShape and 2D Lights. I was able to get the lights, but, I couldn't find the SpriteShape tool, even when I select 2D in the Unity Hub it doesn't show up. Somebody help me, please!

2. Venkify

Venkify

Unity Technologies

@ameeruashour You can import SpriteShape package from PackageManager.

Use the Unity Package Manager (in Unity's top menu: Window > Package Manager) to view which packages are available for installation or already installed in your Project.

SpriteShape as of now is a Preview Package. Please enable the Preview Packages in Package Manager
    PackageManager -> Advanced -> Show preview packages.
    as shown in the attached screenshot :

Current supported versions :
    2.1.0-preview.10 (2019.2 and above) versions
    2.0.0-preview.8 (2019.1)
    1.0.14-preview.2 for version 2018.4 and older.

3. ameeruashour

ameeruashour

I did that, but, for some reason it doesn't show up even if I chose All Packages and View Preview Packages. Did I miss something?

Screenshot (55).png

4. jo-unity

jo-unity

Unity Technologies

Did you manage to get this to work? You should be able to click the "Show preview packages" option and a warning will display, which you can approve and the preview packages will appear.