Search Unity

Can't export clips out of the Timeline.

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by andreaaniceto, Mar 25, 2019.

1. andreaaniceto

andreaaniceto

Hi all,

I'm currently using Unity Editor 2018.2.11f1, and recently it's decided to stop exporting clips from the Timeline. I've tried creating new projects, and using previous projects that I've exported from before using the same editor and it continuously shuts down and asks me to report a bug. I've also tried reimporting + upgrading Unity Recorder + Cinemachine. Any solution on how to fix this?

I've also tried using the new editor 2018.3.9f1. However, if I upgrade my project(s) to the new editor it tells me that there are errors on all my scripts and I need to fix compile errors. I don't see any issues with my scripts and I'm not sure how to fix this either.

Any help or link to a related thread will help! Thank you.

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Can you be more specific about what you mean by exporting clips?

3. andreaaniceto

andreaaniceto

By exporting clips I mean going in the timeline and exporting an mp4 from the recorder clip. Currently working on an animated film project, non-gaming related.

recorder clip.JPG timeline screenshot.JPG

4. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

There is an open issue here about the crash. Maybe you filed it...if not, is it the same thing? I don't have a solution off hand, but we will look into it soon.

5. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @andreaaniceto !

I would advocate trying moving to 2018.3, since it will give you access to last version of Recorder in Package manager.
    See https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-recorder-update.509458/page-7#post-4320808

What are the errors your get when moving to 2018.3 ? (you will probably also need to update HDRP to the last version).

If 2018.3 is definitively not an option for you, here's some questions / steps to get more information about your issue :
    * Can you see an error in the console before the crash happen ?
    * Could you check / share your editor.log ? (see https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html)
    * Does the crash happens with a lower output resolution ? with Webm or Image Sequence ?
    * If you create a very simple project, does the crash also happens ?

Thanks !

6. andreaaniceto

andreaaniceto

When I move to 2018.3 the error I get is that I need to compile my scripts. Which are all the scripts that come from the asset packages I use which consist of: Unity Recorder, Cinemachine, and Anima 2D ( for reference my project consists of 2D and 3D elements). I don't actually see any errors on the script I'm using, and I've reinstalled the asset packages to see if it would change things but it doesn't.

When I export I can't see any errors in the console because it crashes before anything comes up.

The crash happens regardless of what kind of export I'm creating, and It happens even if I only have one element in my scene.

Console Issues.JPG

7. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @andreaaniceto !

Would you mind sharing the exact compilation error you have in 2018.3 ?

And your editor.log file after a crash in 2018.2.

Thanks