Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Unity Recorder update

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ans_unity, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChadrickEvans

ChadrickEvans

Could somewhere here explain why these errors seem to be happening? I updated from 2018.3 to 2019.1

2. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @ChadrickEvans !

In 2019.1, Timeline becomes a package so needs to be added as a dependency in Recorder.
    We are working into turning Recorder into a package, which will fix this situation.

In the meantime, you can add the references in the Recorder asmdef :
    in Editor/Unity.Recorder.Editor.asmdef and Runtime/Unity.Recorder.asmdef : add "Unity.Timeline" in the "references" list :
    Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 11.23.09 AM.png

Please also note that in 2019.1, UIElements is out of experimental so current version of Recorder is throwing errors about this. Should not prevent you from recording though. Fixing this is also part of the "turning Recorder into a package" scope.

Thanks !

3. The_BenEvans

The_BenEvans

Been playing around with this today (2018.3 with v1.0.2 from Asset Store) and trying to record gifs (default settings), but it's chugging and unusable for me currently.

Also tested on an empty scene, with same results.

Is this a bug/need a bug report?

upload_2019-1-10_14-47-56.png

Menion-Leah likes this.
  4. OlafZ

OlafZ

After successfully creating some stereo 360 equirectangular images using Unity Recorder, we noticed significant distortion at the very bottom of the screen when viewing those equirect images in an appropriate viewer. This effect was especially pronounced when the floor that was seen at the bottom was very close to the camera. Is there a way to render to bottom (and top) of stereo 360 (equirectangular) images correctly somehow?

5. Immu

Immu

Hi, is there any plan on cleaning those warnings with proper #UNITY tags in the near future?
    Thanks
    (using 2018.3.1f1)

Code (CSharp):
    1. 49: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/EditableLabel.cs(40,59): warning CS0618: 'Capture' is obsolete: 'Use TrickleDown instead of Capture.'
    2. 50: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/EditableLabel.cs(40,13): warning CS0618: 'CallbackEventHandler.RegisterCallback<TEventType>(EventCallback<TEventType>, Capture)' is obsolete: 'Use TrickleDown instead of Capture.'
    3. 51: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/PanelSplitter.cs(47,59): warning CS0618: 'Capture' is obsolete: 'Use TrickleDown instead of Capture.'
    4. 52: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/PanelSplitter.cs(47,13): warning CS0618: 'CallbackEventHandler.RegisterCallback<TEventType>(EventCallback<TEventType>, Capture)' is obsolete: 'Use TrickleDown instead of Capture.'
    5. 53: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/PanelSplitter.cs(48,59): warning CS0618: 'Capture' is obsolete: 'Use TrickleDown instead of Capture.'
    6. 54: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/PanelSplitter.cs(48,13): warning CS0618: 'CallbackEventHandler.RegisterCallback<TEventType>(EventCallback<TEventType>, Capture)' is obsolete: 'Use TrickleDown instead of Capture.'
    7. 55: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/PanelSplitter.cs(49,55): warning CS0618: 'Capture' is obsolete: 'Use TrickleDown instead of Capture.'
    8. 56: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/PanelSplitter.cs(49,13): warning CS0618: 'CallbackEventHandler.RegisterCallback<TEventType>(EventCallback<TEventType>, Capture)' is obsolete: 'Use TrickleDown instead of Capture.'
    9. 57: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/PanelSplitter.cs(60,13): warning CS0618: 'MouseCaptureController.TakeMouseCapture(IEventHandler)' is obsolete: 'Use CaptureMouse instead of TakeMouseCapture.'
    10. 58: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/PanelSplitter.cs(93,13): warning CS0618: 'MouseCaptureController.ReleaseMouseCapture(IEventHandler)' is obsolete: 'Use ReleaseMouse instead of ReleaseMouseCapture.'
    11. 59: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/RecorderItem.cs(166,24): warning CS0618: 'Toggle.Toggle(Action)' is obsolete: 'Use Toggle() with OnValueChanged() instead.'
    12. 60: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/RecorderItem.cs(168,13): warning CS0618: 'Toggle.OnToggle(Action)' is obsolete: 'Use OnValueChanged() instead.'
    13. 61: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/RecorderWindow.cs(345,21): warning CS0618: 'IStyle.backgroundSize' is obsolete: 'Use backgroundScaleMode instead'
    14. 62: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/RecorderWindow.cs(467,17): warning CS0618: 'VisualElement.Dirty(ChangeType)' is obsolete: 'Dirty is deprecated. Use MarkDirtyRepaint to trigger a new repaint of the VisualElement.'
    15. 63: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/RecorderWindow.cs(845,29): warning CS0618: 'VisualElement.Dirty(ChangeType)' is obsolete: 'Dirty is deprecated. Use MarkDirtyRepaint to trigger a new repaint of the VisualElement.'
    16. 64: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/RecorderWindow.cs(983,13): warning CS0618: 'VisualElement.Dirty(ChangeType)' is obsolete: 'Dirty is deprecated. Use MarkDirtyRepaint to trigger a new repaint of the VisualElement.'
    17. 65: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/RecorderWindow.cs(1030,17): warning CS0618: 'VisualElement.Dirty(ChangeType)' is obsolete: 'Dirty is deprecated. Use MarkDirtyRepaint to trigger a new repaint of the VisualElement.'
    18. 66: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Legacy/FrameCapturer/Scripts/Encoder/fcAPI.cs(484,37): warning CS0649: Field 'fcAPI.fcFlacConfig.compressionLevel' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value 0
    19. 67: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Legacy/FrameCapturer/Scripts/Encoder/fcAPI.cs(481,42): warning CS0649: Field 'fcAPI.fcFlacConfig.sampleRate' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value 0
    20. 68: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Legacy/FrameCapturer/Scripts/Encoder/fcAPI.cs(487,39): warning CS0649: Field 'fcAPI.fcFlacConfig.maxTasks' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value 0
    21. 69: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Legacy/FrameCapturer/Scripts/Encoder/fcAPI.cs(483,41): warning CS0649: Field 'fcAPI.fcFlacConfig.bitsPerSample' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value
    22. 70: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Legacy/FrameCapturer/Scripts/Encoder/fcAPI.cs(482,42): warning CS0649: Field 'fcAPI.fcFlacConfig.numChannels' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value 0
    23. 71: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Legacy/FrameCapturer/Scripts/Encoder/fcAPI.cs(486,43): warning CS0649: Field 'fcAPI.fcFlacConfig.verify' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value
    24. 72: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Legacy/FrameCapturer/Scripts/Encoder/fcAPI.cs(485,24): warning CS0649: Field 'fcAPI.fcFlacConfig.blockSize' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value 0
    25. 449: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/EditableLabel.cs(40,59): warning CS0618: 'Capture' is obsolete: 'Use TrickleDown instead of Capture.'
    26. 450: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/EditableLabel.cs(40,13): warning CS0618: 'CallbackEventHandler.RegisterCallback<TEventType>(EventCallback<TEventType>, Capture)' is obsolete: 'Use TrickleDown instead of Capture.'
    27. 451: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/RecorderWindow.cs(345,21): warning CS0618: 'IStyle.backgroundSize' is obsolete: 'Use backgroundScaleMode instead'
    28. 452: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/RecorderWindow.cs(467,17): warning CS0618: 'VisualElement.Dirty(ChangeType)' is obsolete: 'Dirty is deprecated. Use MarkDirtyRepaint to trigger a new repaint of the VisualElement.'
    29. 453: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/RecorderWindow.cs(845,29): warning CS0618: 'VisualElement.Dirty(ChangeType)' is obsolete: 'Dirty is deprecated. Use MarkDirtyRepaint to trigger a new repaint of the VisualElement.'
    30. 454: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/RecorderWindow.cs(983,13): warning CS0618: 'VisualElement.Dirty(ChangeType)' is obsolete: 'Dirty is deprecated. Use MarkDirtyRepaint to trigger a new repaint of the VisualElement.'
    31. 455: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/RecorderWindow.cs(1030,17): warning CS0618: 'VisualElement.Dirty(ChangeType)' is obsolete: 'Dirty is deprecated. Use MarkDirtyRepaint to trigger a new repaint of the VisualElement.'
    32. 456: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/PanelSplitter.cs(47,59): warning CS0618: 'Capture' is obsolete: 'Use TrickleDown instead of Capture.'
    33. 457: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/PanelSplitter.cs(47,13): warning CS0618: 'CallbackEventHandler.RegisterCallback<TEventType>(EventCallback<TEventType>, Capture)' is obsolete: 'Use TrickleDown instead of Capture.'
    34. 458: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/PanelSplitter.cs(48,59): warning CS0618: 'Capture' is obsolete: 'Use TrickleDown instead of Capture.'
    35. 459: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/PanelSplitter.cs(48,13): warning CS0618: 'CallbackEventHandler.RegisterCallback<TEventType>(EventCallback<TEventType>, Capture)' is obsolete: 'Use TrickleDown instead of Capture.'
    36. 460: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/PanelSplitter.cs(49,55): warning CS0618: 'Capture' is obsolete: 'Use TrickleDown instead of Capture.'
    37. 461: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/PanelSplitter.cs(49,13): warning CS0618: 'CallbackEventHandler.RegisterCallback<TEventType>(EventCallback<TEventType>, Capture)' is obsolete: 'Use TrickleDown instead of Capture.'
    38. 462: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/PanelSplitter.cs(60,13): warning CS0618: 'MouseCaptureController.TakeMouseCapture(IEventHandler)' is obsolete: 'Use CaptureMouse instead of TakeMouseCapture.'
    39. 463: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/PanelSplitter.cs(93,13): warning CS0618: 'MouseCaptureController.ReleaseMouseCapture(IEventHandler)' is obsolete: 'Use ReleaseMouse instead of ReleaseMouseCapture.'
    40. 464: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/RecorderItem.cs(166,24): warning CS0618: 'Toggle.Toggle(Action)' is obsolete: 'Use Toggle() with OnValueChanged() instead.'
    41. 465: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/RecorderItem.cs(168,13): warning CS0618: 'Toggle.OnToggle(Action)' is obsolete: 'Use OnValueChanged() instead.'
    42. 466: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Legacy/FrameCapturer/Scripts/Encoder/fcAPI.cs(484,37): warning CS0649: Field 'fcAPI.fcFlacConfig.compressionLevel' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value 0
    43. 467: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Legacy/FrameCapturer/Scripts/Encoder/fcAPI.cs(487,39): warning CS0649: Field 'fcAPI.fcFlacConfig.maxTasks' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value 0
    44. 468: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Legacy/FrameCapturer/Scripts/Encoder/fcAPI.cs(485,24): warning CS0649: Field 'fcAPI.fcFlacConfig.blockSize' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value 0
    45. 469: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Legacy/FrameCapturer/Scripts/Encoder/fcAPI.cs(482,42): warning CS0649: Field 'fcAPI.fcFlacConfig.numChannels' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value 0
    46. 470: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Legacy/FrameCapturer/Scripts/Encoder/fcAPI.cs(483,41): warning CS0649: Field 'fcAPI.fcFlacConfig.bitsPerSample' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value
    47. 471: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Legacy/FrameCapturer/Scripts/Encoder/fcAPI.cs(486,43): warning CS0649: Field 'fcAPI.fcFlacConfig.verify' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value
    48. 472: [Unity] Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Legacy/FrameCapturer/Scripts/Encoder/fcAPI.cs(481,42): warning CS0649: Field 'fcAPI.fcFlacConfig.sampleRate' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value 0

6. ericjacobus

ericjacobus

This saved me a huge headache today. Thank you.

7. unity_p_JRNrW0eMKYVQ

unity_p_JRNrW0eMKYVQ

Having issues with 360 recordings in our project as jpeg image sequences. The cubemap does not seem to be doing a great job of stitching the seams of the cubemap together when pieces of geometry are in view of the camera.

Also the cubemap is highlighted greatly compared to the other faces of the map in certain scenes of our project. Does anyone have any idea on how to minimise the stitching problem or how to remove the single face of the cubemap being brighter than the others? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Images provided.

1st image: Stitching issues
    2nd & 3rd image: Cubemap face issue

Attached Files:

deus0, Wreckertike and Milan-Sadariya like this.
  8. kraaazy

kraaazy

I'm having an issue where Unity Recorder speeds up my videos by about 50%. I'm currently using the 30 frames recording at a constant interval. I have three cameras in the scene and no matter what I change the options to the video is always in fast forward. Any ideas on how to fix this?

9. Threeyes

Threeyes

Thanks for the plugin!
    I mainly use them to shot VR Pano Video, It will be nice that if it can achieve the following goal:
    • aim on what the camera is looking
    • capture world UGUI GameObject
    • ensure the frame is higher than 30fps in 4k resolution
    Thanks again:)

10. Sybaris

Sybaris

Hi everybody,

I read most of this thread but it doesn't really answer my question...
    I need to make videos from my project and I used the Unity Recorder for this. It basically does what I want but as you know the quality is very bad.
    So my question(s): Does the Unity Recorder work properly with any newer Unity version?
    Is there any plan that the Unity Recorder will work as expected?
    If not: is there any asset on the store that is capable of producing hires videos?
    How do you produce hires videos?

Thanks in advance!

G.

codegasm likes this.
  11. Sybaris

Sybaris

Any updates?

12. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Sybaris !

Please read: https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-recorder-update.509458/page-6#post-3866131

That said, in the meantime, here are some workarounds you could try :
    - Use WebM Recorder, default quality settings are a little better than MP4
    - Use Legacy MP4 Recorder that allows you to set the bitrate (you need to check the "Show Legacy Recorder" in the Window > General > Recorder menu)
    - Export an image sequence and then use a third party to encode into a movie

FYI we are currently working at releasing Recorder as a package, which is a prerequisite for future fixes and changes, that will allow us to be way more flexible and swift in term of release and updates.

So thanks you so much all, for your patience, we are working on it !

13. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @krehzzzy,

Would you mind opening a new thread and add the "recorder" tag on it ?
    Please also provide those informations :
    - Unity version
    - OS version
    - Recorder version
    - Provide a simple project that demos the issue
    - A result movie with the issue

Thanks a bunch !

14. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Immu !

Yes, the first Recorder Package will clean this up.

Thanks for your patience !

Immu likes this.
  15. Sybaris

Sybaris

Hi Marief,

thanks for your reply. Regarding your work arounds:

- Use WebM Recorder, default quality settings are a little better than MP4
    I already tried that. As you wrote, that is "a little better" - not enough to show it to a customer. (They don't care about a low encoding quality - they think it's my fault...)

- Use Legacy MP4 Recorder that allows you to set the bitrate (you need to check the "Show Legacy Recorder" in the Window > General > Recorder menu)
    When I turn that switch on then nothing happens. It's still the same Recorder window and no option to set the bit rate. (I'm using Unity 2018.2.7f1) Am I missing something?

- Export an image sequence and then use a third party to encode into a movie
    I already tried that. Since I'm recording an 58 seconds clip with 30 frames/sec I end up with 1740 files with around 3 MB each. I've tried three "3rd Party apps" and all of them failed on encoding them...

Sorry for being a bit harsh but I'm working in the SW Business myself. If one of my customers had a problem and I'd tell him that I'm "working on it" for over 3 months then he'd kill me...

16. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Sybaris ,

In "+ Add New Recorder", you will now see a Legacy section with all the legacy Recorders. Give a try and let me know.

Such a use case is super common in VFX industry, so nothing scary here :) What third parties, did you try ? If you are looking at free alternatives, I would suggest FFmpeg. Finding the right command line can be a little tricky but once you have the one that works for you, it is a good solution.

No worries. That said working in SW, you know that good, sustainable solution takes time.

Anyways, thanks for your patience, we are hearing you.

17. Sybaris

Sybaris

Hi Marief,

the legacy recorder seems to work.
    Thanks for your support!

marief_unity likes this.
  18. the_motionblur

the_motionblur

This captures transparency from the textures but the shaders won't work with the particle system transparencies any more. So if I want to fade out particles for example with the color gradient this won't work any more.

Also (even though in my current case this isn't as much of a problem) it seems that it's probably not the best solution to change a bunch of materials projectwide to being able to record an alpha video.
    Is this an update that's being planned in the future?

19. I33N

I33N

Hello, I am facing similar issues but different in render. When rendering stereo 360 images I can see the edges of the cubemap in the equirectangular images with some strange texture offset + I have really bad stitching between the faces of the Cube.

I am using latest 2018.3.4f1 + HDR pipeline and custom shader graph displacement shader.

Did you solve your issue?

Out of curiosity, is the 360 stereo export using ODS?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Milan-Sadariya likes this.
  20. ac_spinifex

ac_spinifex

Hi,
    I'm not getting any images at all when rendering a 360 camera. I've enabled 360 capture in the player settings and recorder works fine for targeted camera, but as soon as I switch to 360 view the output is just an empty file

Using 2018.3

Attached Files:

21. Waterlane

Waterlane

A few thoughts on 360 video with the Unity Recorder... [Unity 2018.3+HDRP+Recorder1.0.2.]
    i. please allow for non square videos
    ii. Allow for following a cameras POV - it's shifting its view away from my cameras view direction - which means I lose all the animated camera work
    ii. recent feedback on the asset page state that "360 captures have really visible seams.. less than ideal."
    - please check into this.
    iii. recent feedback on the asset page also states that it doesn't work with cinemachine :-(

22. RSH1

RSH1

Trying to build for android with the Unity Recorder imported gives this error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Found plugins with same names, Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Legacy/FrameCapturer/Plugins/x86_64/fccore.dll and Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Legacy/FrameCapturer/Plugins/x86/fccore.dll. Delete the one of the duplicate plugins.
    2. UnityEditor.AndroidPluginImporterExtension:CheckFileCollisions(String)
    3. UnityEditorInternal.PluginsHelper:CheckFileCollisions(BuildTarget) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Plugins/PluginsHelper.cs:25)
    4. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler()
    Removing the recorder allows it to build successfully.

23. Mr_Brooks_deleted

Mr_Brooks_deleted

24. fherbst

fherbst

Any news about the package for 2019.1 and onward? @marief_unity wrote it should still work, but even after putting Unity.Timeline in as reference I'm getting errors about "StyleEnums", "OnPersistentDataReady", "IStyle", "Flex" and ~60 other things (and thus unable to run the project). I tried going through it to fix what I can but it's just too many references, some of them seem to now be internal...

25. ysleungrockman

ysleungrockman

When I tried to record a video using this plugin, the frame rate dropped heavily that it came to about 10+ fps. Is there a way to boost the frame rate?

26. SpencerPDX

SpencerPDX

Hello!

I've been using Recorder and Timeline together pretty extensively, using Unity to make animated videos for clients.

Currently I've got a project running in 2018.13f1 and am seeing some strange behavior with the RecorderClip: Sometimes the recording will skip many of the frames, so that the final animation moves much faster than normal.

In an earlier version I was using, in some version of 2017, I seem to remember seeing a "n frames per second" field or something, so that you could save out, say, two frames per second, if you just wanted to catch a bunch of screen shots. The behavior I'm seeing sometimes feels like that field has been set to 10 or 15 frames per second. I no longer see that field though, so I can't check it.

What I do see that is new to me is a "Take Number" field. Not sure what this does. However it seems possible it's related to my issue, because the frame-skipping doesn't seem to happen until I've run through the recording a few times. At which point the Take Number will have gone up to 3 or 4. If I return the Take Number to 1, that seems to get me back to where I'm recording frames at the proper rate (29.97 usually).

But I don't always remember to set Take Number back to 1, and when it takes 15-30 min to re-render, that can trip me up on a regular basis.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening? Any suggestions are welcome.

Other than this one glitch, it's an endlessly useful utility, great to have.

27. defiantdev

defiantdev

@marief_unity Is there any news on compatibility with 2019 onwards? Currently there is a significant amount of compiler errors as @fherbst points out.

Thanks!

28. ShervinVR

ShervinVR

Hi @marief_unity

We're trying to use this tool to capture equidistant, stereo 360 captures of a VR project. Currently the project is on Unity version 2018.1.7f1.

The main issue we seem to have is that objects appear to pop, heavily distorting your perception of depth. To illustrate this, we've tried creating a new scene in Unity 2018.3.4 with a bunch of default cubes (all of the same size) placed at varying distances away. We recorded a capture with the following settings:
    Image Sequence Recorder
    • PNG
    • 30fps
    • 360 view
    • W: 4096
    • H:8192
    • Cubemap: 4096
    • Stereo
    • Stereo Separation: 0.065
    The result of the capture is really jarring. The objects that are further away (and thus appear smaller) almost feel like they're just as close or even closer to you than the objects that are very near you.

Could this be a stitching issue? Any idea whats going on?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Shervin

29. Binary42

Binary42

With multiple cameras and multiple outputs, images get distorted and flipped by concurrent recorder settings and/or probably camera setups.
    For example 2 cameras and 3 recorders where 2 render from the the same Camera, the output differs by whatever recorder is checked active or not. The expected behaviour would be that every recorder outputs images according to its own configuration.

30. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey there,

Unity Recorder 2.0.0-preview.4 has been published on our staging.
    === DEPRECATED - Unity Recorder 2.0.0-preview is now accessible in Package Manager Window !
    In order, to use it, you need to update your manifest as such :
    Code (JavaScript):
    2. {
    3.   "registry": "https://staging-packages.unity.com",
    4.   "dependencies": {
    5.     (...)
    6.     "com.unity.recorder": "2.0.0-preview.4"
    7.   }
    8. }
    ====

This is a first step, the plan being of course to have this package available via Package Manager window.

2.0.0 version mainly addresses moving from Asset Store to Package Manager and 2019.1 migration.

But it also includes :

- Timeline dependency fix : since 2019.1, Timeline is a package. Code changes are compatible with both 2018.3 (2018.3.4f1 and up) and 2019.1 (2019.1.0b2 and up).
    - Updates to use official UIElements module as experimental API is deprecated in 2019.1.
    - Warnings clean-up
    - Samples fixes : documentation updates and proper asmdef to avoid issues during build
    - Improved texture readback. Most speed improvements will be effective with previous versions,
    BUT at their top in 2019.1.
    - Ability to capture a Light Weight Render Pipeline camera (requires Scriptable Render Pipeline > 5.3.0)

Known issues :

- "DllNotFoundException: fccore" error with Gif and Legacy Recorder on OSX.
    Fix will be released in 2019.1.b5.
    Workaround : Copy Packages/com.unity.recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Legacy/FrameCapturer/Plugins into the Assets folder.
    - Recorders’ label are empty when reloading a Preset list
    - “Found plugins with same names” when building on some platforms.
    Workaround: remove the fccore.dll that does not correspond to your architecture

/!\ Before installing Recorder as a package, make sure you remove your Assets store instance to avoid conflicts (Just delete the Unity Recorder folder in your Assets folder).

Let us know how it goes and thanks for your patience !

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  31. panoramix36

panoramix36

Hello. I was wondering if I can do the following with Unity Recorder:

I have set up a scene where I am using leap motion to interact with some objects that I have placed in it.
    I would like the user to be able to record (with UI buttons for "Record" and "Stop") some action, e.g. pick up an object and then release it, and then allow the user to playback (with a UI button "Playback") this particular action, while also being able to (a) move the camera around, i.e. watch the action from different angle, (b) change camera viewing map to depth and normals and, (c) add/remove any objects that exist in the scene/action, e.g. remove the cube that I picked up, so basically only the movement of the hand is visible.
    Is that possible with unity recorder?
    Thanks!

32. Silentor666

Silentor666

Hello! Sometimes I would like to capture some frames from SceneView with gizmos, grids etc. Is it possible in current version? Or any chance to add such record source to Unity Recorder?
    Thanks for attention.

33. Binary42

Binary42

Any chance to get the distortion fixed?

ps. i found another problem:
    Crate a recorder, Targeted Camera, MainCamera / aspect 19:10, duplicate, chage output image name and set aspect to 5:4 in duplicated recorder.
    Record.
    The first recorder output now has a 5:4 image with the rest of the 19:10 ratio blacked.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  34. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @Binary42,

I might have partially reproduced your bug.
    So in order to make sure we are looking at the same thing, would you mind opening a new thread with :
    * Unity version
    * Recorder version
    * OS version
    * Your exact Recording set-up :
    * can be screenshots of each of your Recorders
    * or ideally a simple Unity project that demos the issue.​

Edit : please tag the post with recorder tag, that way, we are notified when the post is created.

Thanks !

35. etopsirhc

etopsirhc

so i just downloaded this the other day and while using unity 2018.3.8f1 and the HDRP all i get is black images and video. am i doing something wrong or does it just not work at all with the HDRP?

36. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @etopsirhc !

Yes, capturing camera output from SRP requires a specific implementation. The work has been done for LRWP (version > 5.3.0) and will be released soon in HDRP (a priori in 6.6.0).
    This requires >= Unity 2019.1 though (and Recorder 2.0.0).

That said, GameView should work, if it can be an alternative for you.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  37. lwalker

lwalker

EDIT: After reading the above, for an unrelated issue, I decided to try deleting my local copy of the package in my AppData. A full re-download seems to have given me the correct files and no longer get the errors. Leaving the original text of my post in case anyone else has similar issues.

Hello! I'm on Unity 2017.3.1p4, and am getting a 23 errors when importing the project. A couple examples:

Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/Helpers/PresetHelper.cs(2,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Presets' does not exist in the namespace `UnityEditor'. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    Assets/Unity Recorder/Editor/Sources/Recorders/_Inputs/Audio/AudioInput.cs(4,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Unity' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

To note, I have previously used Unity Recorder on another project with this same Unity version, but it seems to have a different set of files. It makes me think that when I import the asset now, it is trying to import the 2018 package instead of the 2017 package?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    marief_unity likes this.
  38. Hypertectonic

Hypertectonic

I have discovered that when loading a saved recorder list preset asset the Recorder window does not load / show the names of the recorders, even though they are stored properly in the asset.

On unity 2018.3.10

Attached Files:

39. YellowcakeJoram

YellowcakeJoram

Hi @marief_unity

Any idea as to why Unity Recorder is not showing up in the menu at all?

I've been having this trouble since we updated to 2019. We're now on 2019.1.0b9, I'm using the package manager version of recorder, but using the Asset Store version gave me the exact same problem: upload_2019-3-28_10-52-2.png

There is just no Recorder option under Window > General.

Any idea what might be wrong here?

marief_unity likes this.
  40. YellowcakeJoram

YellowcakeJoram

Nevermind, Unity crashed right after this post, rebooting Unity subsequently caused packman to display that Recorder was not installed, and after hitting install there it now works.

Yeb.

marief_unity likes this.
  41. marief_unity

marief_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey there !

Recorder 2.0.0-preview.6 is now available in Package Manager Window.

It is still in preview so you need the "Show preview packages" option in Advanced section of Package Manager window checked :
    Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 8.48.49 AM.png

Next versions will progressively address the known bugs. We are also working in parallel on the quality settings for video encodings.

Thanks for your feedbacks and patience.

Jeffglobal and Selzier like this.
  42. Deecann

Deecann

Any one found solution for this problem? It's pain in the ass, because I can't rotate whole scene for recordings?

43. Hypertectonic

Hypertectonic

44. shacharoz

shacharoz

hi guys,
    can i use the recorder commands from within the app? is there an API to this?

45. mohamedomran838

mohamedomran838

I cannot solve this problem any help??

Attached Files:

• ww.PNG
      ww.PNG
      File size:
      45.8 KB
      Views:
  46. WithQuietIntentions

WithQuietIntentions

Is Unity Recorder supposed to work in Steam VR or any VR? Getting this error message--
    VideoMediaEncoder:Create got Unsupported Format
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

47. kilik128

kilik128

need more sound recording option please

like 3D sound

48. kilik128

kilik128

Hi back question new question here

1. it's tool is official Unity team staff ? how many people work on it

Any other way for record ? i buy some other solution
    not working on asset store maybie wake up here is request

2. ok after long record got somethink's like lag maybie one memory leak !
    someone can confirm need know if it's comming from here ?

Thank's

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  49. hedgefield

hedgefield

Hey all, love all the hard work put into making this native recording solution. It has brought me a lot closer to using Unity as a full-fledged animation solution. I'm glad I stopped by here because I didn't know there was a preview package, the asset store version gave me a lot of weird small problems in 2018.3, v2 is already more stable.

One thing I'm having trouble with though is timing. I have a 30fps timeline set to DSP clock rate, because I'm animating to a piece of music. When I render an MP4 targeting the MainCamera or the ActiveCamera, the resulting video looks good, but seems to have a few milliseconds delay. This seems to be similar to the delay I get in the editor itself when I set the timeline to use unscaled gametime. Is there a way to sync the recorder perfectly, or should I change my timeline to gametime and redo the animation timings?

50. optimise

optimise

Hi @marief_unity, any plan to improve video recording quality until just like output a series of images quality?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.