Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Can I turn an animation to a in-place animation within Unity?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by JapaneseBreakfast, Sep 23, 2018.

1. JapaneseBreakfast

JapaneseBreakfast

I download a lot of animations on Mixamo, but some of them unfortunately don't let me turn on In-Place, and my game object translate like so:

Is there anyway I can make this animation "in-place" like the one below but within Unity?

Oh btw, I went into the rig tab for the animation fbx and made sure it's on humanoid, I also tried going to the animation tab tried the Root Motion Node options: root transform and character, but get same results :(

Hope I made sense and I can change my animations to in place within Unity. Thanks for reading!

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Try turning root motion off entirely.

3. JapaneseBreakfast

JapaneseBreakfast

Hi Joe, thanks for the quick reply. I just set Root Motion Node to None, but the character still moves forward, is that how you turn it off? This is what I have set for this animation.

4. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

No... I think you need to fiddle with those Bake Into Pose settings. To be honest, root motion always confuses me too, but perhaps this page of the manual will help.

5. JapaneseBreakfast

JapaneseBreakfast

Yeah it's a bit confusing right? I'll take a look at the documentation, thanks again Joe!

6. Bill_Martini

Bill_Martini

It's in the Animator component. Untick apply Root Motion should do it.

7. JapaneseBreakfast

JapaneseBreakfast

Hi Bill, I actually unticked that option and it unfortunately didn't stop the translation. I'm going to get into Blender and modify it myself though :p