Search Unity

Can I extract per-user / per-session data?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Axonn, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Axonn

Axonn

This is probably a very silly question, because I guess the "Analytics Pattern" isn't focused on individual users, but on groups. However, I'm asking anyway, maybe you have some ideas :)

I'd like to know the exact time each of my users need to finish a challenge. I want to compute the average time it took them to finish that challenge PER DAY. So, 2 days ago the average was 121 seconds, yesterday it was 115 seconds, today it was 102, congrats, you're improving. Something like that.

The daily average should be calculated by extracting from Analytics all the times A USER completed A CHALLENGE. And then I can display the daily average in a report.

I intend to export data from Analytics at end of day to create the report.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

3. Axonn

Axonn

Hey again Jeff :). Thanks for answering!

Would it be possible to get a sample of how some raw export looks without buying the Pro? I'd like to see what I can do with the data. More specifically, I'm interested in seeing/understanding how I can connect a User ID with a Session ID, so that I can view data PER user PER game :)

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You could send a custom event with your UserID and then associate that with the SessionID. Each row is it's own JSON document. So you could use something like:

{"UserID":"ABC", "SessionID":"123", "MoreData":"here"}
    {"UserID":"XYZ", "SessionID":"345", "MoreData":"also"}

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityAnalyticsCustomEventScripting.html

5. Axonn

Axonn

Super :).

And that, I can do 100 times / hour, right? Is there any way to pay to allow for more events / hour? :)

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

There is no limit, but I don't think you need to pull the data that often to answer your "per day" question. Only once per day would provide the data needed for this report.

7. Axonn

Axonn

Sorry, I meant the limitation of Unity Analytics to RECEIVE more than 100 events / hour :). That is listed somewhere in the docs. I was wondering if the Pro subscription allows for more events / hour / game instance. I might want to send from the game somewhere around 1000 / hour.

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Ah I see what you mean. Yes, once you have your game developed, you can calculate how many events you'll need. You typically calculate how many custom events you would send in a level, and then how long it takes to complete a level. Then you extend this to an hour and will provide a good estimate. Once you are ready, open a support ticket at https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/support and we can increase the limits no charge. We will want to take a brief look at your code first to confirm.

Axonn likes this.
  9. Axonn

Axonn

Professional of you to sanity-check code that requires submitting more events :). Thank you for all the help!

10. samvilm

samvilm

so with a pro license would I be able to see how many times and for how long each player has played and be able to identify them?

11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry no, there are no differences with Unity Analytics per license level.

12. samvilm

samvilm

Is there any way to track how many times a player has played and how long he has played for? But not general info, rather a specific log of each user.

13. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D