Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Can help me with creating spore like crpg game?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by dsdfdff, Apr 28, 2024.

1. dsdfdff

dsdfdff

I plan somewhere in the future to make a crpg which will be the successor of spore which will also be a combination of two games such as baldur's Gate and kerbal space program. There are supposed to be stages such as:
    Molecule stage which means it will look like Tetris,
    The cell stage which is the same stage as in spore,
    The fish stage which means you will have to survive as an aquatic creature,
    A creature stage or the same as in spore
    Ancient stage meaning that you will have to create an empire,
    Medieval stage or the same as the first one
    The modern stage or the same as the first one
    The engineering stage or the same as the first stage
    And finally the space stage, i.e. it should be similar to kerbals

Does Anyone have any way of writing this code? because I'm just will going to create the models in Blender.

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Spore was in development for about 8 years. By a team of people working full-time. Scale down your idea, unless you can pay a team to support you. And that's not considering the other games put into the mix.

You start by learning to program with Unity. Make a classic Tetris game on a grid. Pretty sure there will be tutorials. This will keep you busy for a couple weeks and then you can tackle the next step.

Keep in mind that the creature models are procedurally generated, perhaps with some amount of preset parts. This is a serious challenge even for professionals. And this isn't even considering animating the resulting creature.

3. dsdfdff

dsdfdff

Because someone made their own creature creator I also want to do it but first I have to do create the first stage, the molecule, which is to make a cell out of falling blocks like in Tetris

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

It's great that you have a goal in mind but understand the person you're referring to is an experienced developer and even then he didn't aim anywhere near as high as you're aiming with that list. If you have to ask how to do it you're not ready for it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/@DanielLochner/videos

5. dsdfdff

dsdfdff

He the one who made this creator, but only I'm not ready for it and the game I'll be creating somewhere in the distant future is going to come out for platforms like switch, ps5 and Xbox series x and s

6. Ryiah

Ryiah

Good luck. Console manufacturers have to approve your title for you to release to it.

7. dsdfdff

dsdfdff

But not now because my game isn't ready yet