Search Unity

Can Ads fund UNet Servers

Discussion in 'UNet' started by lullaharsh, Sep 5, 2017.

?

Profit or Loss

1. Profit

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Loss

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. About equal

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. lullaharsh

lullaharsh

Hi!
    I am very new to networking so please excuse me. I am making an Android Multiplayer Game. Is it possible to fund UNet servers with Unity Ads at a $6 CPM? I am thinking of making a ticket system where users can choose to watch ads to get tickets(or buy them using IAPs). I was initially thinking of making 3 tickets(3 games) per video ad. (each game runs for 10 minutes and uses data equivalent to that of Minecraft) Is this idea feasable and how much profit can be made out of it? (I suppose 50 Concurrent users)

2. TwoTen

TwoTen

Depends on your player base and the reward they recieve. But if you don't have funds to run servers Player hosting is usually more appealing.

3. lullaharsh

lullaharsh

Would you recommend Photon Bolt/Thunder or UNet for it?

4. TwoTen

TwoTen

Depends on your title. If you need third party relay. Those are great options. If you don't require any services. I guess UNET HLAPI, LLAPI or Lidgren.

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

The market your users are in makes a huge impact of the amount of money you get per ad view. Also users are limited to a daily number of ads they can view per day, and cannot watch the same ad again within an hour. So the ability to view ads is highly dependent on the number of ads Unity is publishing for the user's area. Unity doesn't guarantee any ads are available at all.

https://support.unity3d.com/hc/en-u...r-Is-there-a-limit-to-the-number-of-ads-seen-

Since both the amount of money you get for ads view and the costs your game will incur for networking cannot be estimated with the amount of information you've provided, no one can really say if your idea will be profitable.