Search Unity

Camera moves & rotates randomly when in editor-mode

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by mrCharli3, Apr 10, 2020.

1. mrCharli3

mrCharli3

I am getting a really annoying bug, the camera alters the view when Im not in playmode, everytime I click something or press any key, it seems to rotate and move a bit... Then works fine in playmode.

Removing the Look At target seems to fix the issue, but obviously I need my looak at target. What could be causing this?

If I click and move in the game window (while not playing) it acts as if it tries to move and then isntantly resets, creating a creazy jitter.

My setup is nothing weird, just a freelook camera looking at a dummy target:
    upload_2020-4-10_14-30-42.png

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Can you export a small package with this behaviour and PM it to me?

3. mrCharli3

mrCharli3

Yep, give me a few hours

4. Xcrimson08

Xcrimson08

Hi,can i know did ur issue solved yet? i have cinemachine issue as well so i am curious ab it too

5. mrCharli3

mrCharli3

Ill post here if it gets solved, currently I stopped using cinemachine as this is a dealbreaker.

6. Shigori

Shigori

Maybe you can try to move the main camera out of the cinemachine group. I'm not sure why but it solved my edit-mood crazy spinning issue.

illsaveus likes this.
  7. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

This issue is solved in CM 2.6.0-preview.3

Shigori likes this.
  8. NikkiSIF

NikkiSIF

Hi, i've got this problem too , but i'm in CM 2.6.11 verified release. Did you find how to solve this issue?

Edit : i just updated to 2.8.4 and it doesn't solve this problem.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  9. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Crazy spinning is usually a sign of a feedback loop in your camera setup. Can you post an image of your scene hierarchy, showing the relevant objects?

CityWizardGames and NikkiSIF like this.
  10. NikkiSIF

NikkiSIF

Hi Gregoryl,
    Thank you for taking the time to respond. Luckily I have been helped on this issue in a dedicated post i created because I thought this one was a bit too old:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/cam...-editor-mode-2d-project.1235272/#post-7886947

My problem was caused by parasite camera objects remainings from previous tests i made with cinemachine. Deleting the old main camera and creating a new one seemed to solve everything

CorteseSoftware and Gregoryl like this.
  11. CityWizardGames

CityWizardGames

I fixed this by moving my cinemachine object. It was a child of the camera that it was controlling (with CinemachineBrain attached), and once I moved it to being a sibling of the camera all is good. Thanks Gregoryl.

illsaveus and Gregoryl like this.
  12. NikkiSIF

NikkiSIF

Interesting, cool that it worked for you. In my case, the cinemachine camera and the main camera were already siblings, so the issue wasn't due to parenting.

13. TomHeng

TomHeng

thx I fixed this by moving my cinemachine object 2. its not solve in Version 2.6.17 - August 31, 2022