Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Builder applies styles from a USS file that is not actually loaded

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by Enrico-Monese, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Enrico-Monese

Enrico-Monese

Builder applies styles from a USS file that is not actually loaded.

I'd expect to have styles defined in a USS file applied to the document currently being edited only when that USS has actually been added to the stylesheet tab.
    uibuilder.png
    This does not happen in playmode.

Using Unity 2021.1.17f1 with packages preview.16

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    Kichang-Kim likes this.
  2. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

Same issue here. It breaks all of UXML design. (both builder/uitoolkit package preview.16)

3. pierre_10

pierre_10

Unity Technologies

Hi Guys, we were able to see this issue and we'll get a fix out as soon as possible.

Enrico-Monese likes this.
  4. alexandred_unity

alexandred_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    Could you verify that the style definition is not coming from the Silo Theme you use to preview your ui?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  5. Enrico-Monese

Enrico-Monese

I don't think it comes from there. I just renamed the default theme (the one that got automatically imported), but I haven't put anything in it yet as you can see:
    Schermata 2021-08-28 alle 18.10.22.png

I'm even more sure since I solved it by putting more specific names in the other files. Which I guess is actually the recommended way to do it, docs recommend using BEM. That would make it harder to have this issue pop up