Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Bug upgrading project from 2019.3.15.f1 to Unity 2020.1.0b12

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by Opeth001, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Opeth001

Opeth001

Hello Everyone,
    after upgrading my project to the Beta Version i got a weird bug, when entering play mode the console get Spammed by the error message bellow and the FPS goes from 500 to 70.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assertion failed on expression: 'newPendingJobs >= 0'
    2. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

It seems there is no bug report filed for this error yet.

Could you please submit a bug report with a project to reproduce it and post the bug case number here for Unity staff to pick up?

3. Opeth001

Opeth001

I have already submitted 3 bug reports in less than a month, which takes too much time, a time that i don't have.
    each time they ask me for an example of a repro sample project even if it's very simple to reproduce.

Honestly i think they rely too much on this community for this task.
    so that's why i will not do it this time.

4. Chris-Trueman

Chris-Trueman

If you are using a beta version of the software, you will have to expect bugs. And yes the rely on us to tell them about bugs. It is impossible for Unity to see how we are using the software and API. They need us to do this so they know what to fix. If you have a problem submitting bug reports and making repro's, don't use the beta version of the software. It is implied that you will help them out being a beta tester.

5. Opeth001

Opeth001

the bugs i submitted are related to the Unity 2019.3.15f1 and 2019.4 LTS.

Yes, some bugs are related to very specific cases where it's practically impossible for unity to detect them but others are like Compile/Build errors just because I switched to the Android platform and included the ECS package.

and yes you are right but unfortunately i don't have time to do it anymore.

6. Lukas_Andriejunas

Lukas_Andriejunas

Unity Technologies

@Opeth001
    Could you please tell the case ID for this issue?