Search Unity

Feedback Bug reporting and issue tracker

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by cerestorm, Feb 15, 2022.

1. cerestorm

cerestorm

How do you tie the two together? I've created a couple of bug reports in Unity editor but I can't see how they'll show up on the issue tracker as there's no way to choose a category for them.

I saw this in the announcement:

"Our engineering team has put together a lot of things but wanted to point your attention to a PR in particular which went through last week activating Unity Bug Reporter as the default way to report bugs in the Netcode for GameObjects package."

What does this mean exactly, is there something in the latest version of Unity bug reporting that differs from the LTS?

2. luke-unity

luke-unity

You can filter for issues for Netcode for GameObjects like this. If your bug does not appear there it's likely still in triage. That statement meant that we switching from a bug reporting process based on Github to one using the Unity Bug reporter.

3. cerestorm

cerestorm

I have that page bookmarked and keep an eye on it. What's the process of handling new bug reports, as there are no new reports since the 11th Feb are they all in triage, or are some being dropped based upon criteria?

I'm struggling to see the benefit of the issue tracker as it stands over using Github directly.