Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Blender 2.9 - How to Export your Actions correctly to Unity

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by sirdavid23, Sep 12, 2020.

1. sirdavid23

sirdavid23

For far too long many 3D artists have rejected working with Blender because of the difficulties to understand how to properly interact between the different animation editors. As a Blender Foundation Certified Trainer, I have the opportunity to listen to individual artists and studios say the Blender animation editors are not intuitive and offer them a training solution in their production pipelines.

I decided to make this video to obliviate any past frustration you've probably had with Blender coming from any other 3D DCC application. And if you further need assistance to export your animations correctly into Blender, please let me know in the comments of the video.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

abegue, TKDR, akuno and 2 others like this.
  2. nakoustix

nakoustix

Wow, that was informative! Thank you very much! To line up all the animation windows like this clearly helps to understand each ones right to exist :) unfortunately i'm still not getting the hang of it. The action relations in blender still not make much sense to me (at this point. I WANT to learn it).
    I'm working on a WebGL product viewer and I have several meshes. I tried to make action clips (for separated buttons - press - release) and import them into unity in a single fbx with the whole model. However, the action clip relations seem to be bound on the last edited button and they behave weird. They seem to influence each others roots.
    I'm currently lost and don't know if I'm doing something completely wrong, or if it has something to do with the constellation Blender 2.83 and Unity 2020.2 Beta 2...
    Maybe you, with your experience can say "hey, your approach is insane! do it like......." ?
    Do I need to treat those objects completely separate and export the buttons animations in it's own fbx file?
    However, thank you for the informative video!