Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Beautify! - Improve image quality producing incredibly crisp and vivid scenes

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kronnect, May 3, 2016.

1. Amo-deus

Amo-deus

Fresh install in 2022.3 works fine. I think it must have something to do with updating from beautify 2 to beautify 3. My project was also originally created in an older version of unity (2019 version ithink) and I've recently upgraded it to 2022, so maybe the problem resides there.

2. starfoxy

starfoxy

I am using the latest version of Beautify with Unity 2022.3.20f1.

I have an issue where I can't add Beautify to my camera as it isn't listed as an option.

It does list other Beautify scripts, just not the core component. I have everything setup properly for URP (as I have in the past without issue). Any thoughts on what may be happening?

3. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hello,
    In URP you don’t add anything to the cameras. Beautify for URP uses a render feature and works with the volume component system. Check out the setup video:
    https://kronnect.com/guides/beautify-urp-setup/

4. starfoxy

starfoxy

Good to know, thank you but I also tried to create a global volume and wasn't able to add it there either.

---UPDATE---

I'll leave this here to help others but I got it working. I realized (duh) that I have to attach Beautify to a volume profile. Thanks kindly!

Last edited: May 23, 2024
    Kronnect likes this.
  5. starfoxy

starfoxy

I have another question. I am trying to apply bloom only to a certain layer. I have my layers all setup properly and have Beautify working with a global volume. However, even when selecting include/exclude layers, it doesn't seem to work. (Although it all works fine when just using globally).

Any ideas around what I should be addressing to move forward from here?

Attached Files:

6. Kronnect

Kronnect

The objects included in the bloom layer option must be opaque (their shaders must write to depth). This option doesn't work with transparencies or sprites.

starfoxy likes this.
  7. starfoxy

starfoxy

Ah ok, that is good to know thank you. Hmm this is a tough one as I am using Beautify in 2D URP and of course, using sprites with transparency. Is there any workaround I could try and hack away at?

8. bigbrainz

bigbrainz

With Shiny SSRR 2, I'm trying to get it to work with my own shader for this scene test and Unity keeps complaining that the shader "doesn't have a float or range property '_Metallic`. But I can see that it DOES. Can you possibly see what's wrong about this setup?

On the Properties for the Shader and the settings on the script, it seems like they're all saying `_Metallic` correctly.

upload_2024-6-7_15-48-50.png

upload_2024-6-7_15-49-8.png

upload_2024-6-7_15-49-16.png

9. hopeful

hopeful

Hey, I'm completely not knowledgeable about this, but it looks like you've got a _metallic texture and a _metallic color, but you don't have a float or range value set up, like you do for Emission Scale and Smoothness, or Bump Scale and Secondary Bump Scale.

My apologies if I have it wrong. If I got it right, then I attribute it to fresh eyes on the problem.

Kronnect likes this.
  10. bigbrainz

bigbrainz

@hopeful, that did the trick! Thank you!

hopeful likes this.