Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Automatically Sign option is ignored when exporting project on other machine.

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by stopiccot_tds, Dec 17, 2018.

1. stopiccot_tds

stopiccot_tds

I have a project configured to use 'Automatically Sign' feature. When I export Xcode project on my machine - everything is OK. When I do the same on different machine I get an Xcode project with Automatically manage signing checkmark disabled. I've checked xcode project with grep and yes it's configured to be manual for unknown for me reason.
    Code (csharp):
    1. cat Unity-iPhone.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj | grep Provisioning
    2. ProvisioningStyle = Manual;
    3. ProvisioningStyle = Manual;
    Automatically Sign checkmark is set in Unity editor. Signing Team ID is also assigned.
    Unity 2018.2.14f1. I've also made a clean repo clone and fresh unity import on both machines but it's still working on my machine and is not on the other one. Maybe Xcode export code check's for some env vars or some other external parameters that can be different between machines?

2. jmcallister_zos

jmcallister_zos

We ran into this same issue on Unity 2018.3.7f1.

We isolated the difference between a working system and a non-working system to be the existence of options in the ~/Library/Preferences/com.unity3d.UnityEditor5.x.plist file. We isolated a simple process which adds those options to the plist and enables Unity to generate an Xcode project with the "Automatically Sign" option checked internal to it.

1. Open Unity
    2. Open a Unity project
    3. Open Unity Preferences
    4. Navigate to External Tools
    5. Un-check the "Automatically Sign" option
    6. Re-check the "Automatically Sign" option
    7. Close Unity
    At this point you can re-open the project and run a build through the UI or execute CLI builds and the Xcode project should have the automatically sign option set. We tested and a change to any Unity preference will cause the plist to be updated with the correct values, resulting in an expected Xcode project file.

s_s_k likes this.
  3. jedla22

jedla22

Thanks for the workaround!!! I have this problem on our Mac Build server with Unity 2019.1.0f2. After I follow your instructions it starts working. But hope that this bug will be fixed by Unity. Currently, the bug on Unity Issue Tracker is closed and marked as "By Design". Closing this bug as "By Desing" seem strange to me :(

4. liortal

liortal

Was this ever reported as a bug ? very annoying. We have a build farm of around 20 machines, it'll drive me crazy to log into each machine and set this value.

badseed-gtino likes this.