Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Auto NameSpace implementation

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Nuclear_Waffle, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Nuclear_Waffle

Nuclear_Waffle

Uh, not really a huge problem, but for like the past few months my IDE (visual studio 2019) had like an auto completion feature for namespaces. Like if I typed NavMeshAgent, the intellisense would autocomplete the reference, but also auto implement the using UnityEngine.AI namespace (assuming it was not there already) and this would work for any namespace that wasn't implemented into the script. I always thought it was a unity update that added that, but recently I had to format my PC and now it's gone. And I don't know how I exactly got it in the first place. I tried searching for it, but everyone says it's impossible (these were old threads) so I am just wondering if anyone may possibly know what I did to get it or what it could have possibly been.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

3. Havyx

Havyx

The first thing you should do is check you have the dev tools for visual studio installed with whatever Unity version you are using.

upload_2020-11-24_4-45-16.png

If that isn't the issue then check your external script editor settings

upload_2020-11-24_4-46-44.png

Even if you have it set correctly try "Regenerate Project Files" and close/re-open visual studio. (I'm not sure if you might need to explicitly enable "Player Projects" when regenerating project files in order to generate a .csproject file)

upload_2020-11-24_4-48-37.png

Check you have the correct extensions installed (Tools For Unity)

upload_2020-11-24_4-53-6.png

If none of that works then I'm not sure what the issue could be.