Search Unity

Asset Hunter (Project cleaning tool)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by KristianHJ, Oct 15, 2014.

1. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Hi whitebrim

I have some difficulties reproducing the issue. Does it happen consistently in your project? (Open/Close AHPRO)
    If that doesn't work, do you have some errors in your log that might have some info?

2. Whitebrim

Whitebrim

I tried it put on 2019.1 version - it works fine. But on 2017.4.31f it visualise incorrectly. No errors in log or something.
    All buttons exist, but they are hidden under table header layer because of BIG "AH" logo:

upload_2019-11-6_1-12-13.png

upload_2019-11-6_1-13-26.png .

I forced logo to fit 32 pix and it seems "fix" bug.

upload_2019-11-6_1-14-50.png

upload_2019-11-6_1-15-21.png

3. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Sorry for the late response, have been quite caught up. Thank you so much for your feedback, its really useful. I tried with 2017.4.34f where it worked as intented, might be some super specific bug related to that particular release. I will try your version

4. MrDummy

MrDummy

I bought AssetHunter Pro, put it in 2017.4.28f1 (which is now build for VRChat) and even i build world and upload it, i saw the tool is doing nothing, no active build button. So, which steps are needed here to build first overview? Does it automatic or not?

Thanks.

5. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Hi MrDummy

Whenever you create a build AHP creates a buildlog which can be inspected at any time. If AHP is open when the build is created it will prompt you to load it. I think the easiest way to explain the process is with this link

6. MrDummy

MrDummy

Nothing showed when opened first time.
    So, that is different what you told here.

7. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Might be the documentation is a little out of date, did you get it to work?
    If not feel free to write me at contact@heurekagames.com, then Ill help you out

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  8. Enverex

Enverex

Same issue as MrDummy, the Build button is greyed out so I can't actually do anything.

9. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

I answered him by mail, but forgot to mention the solution here. I'm pretty sure its because you guys haven't added any scenes to your build settings. Without any active scenes, unity cannot build

10. Enverex

Enverex

That would make sense. VRChat uses it's own SDK to build the scene, so for those of us using it to build scenes that way, that'd explain why we don't have any scenes in Unity's own build panel.

11. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

aah, makes sense. To be honest i really have no idea how AHPro works if Unity is bypassed for the build process. I will have to investigate

12. Thraust

Thraust

I just imported this to my project, but it would seem as though I am missing something crucial. Before I get to using the package, I am met with a number of System.Type to Type conversion errors. Any ideas?

upload_2020-3-5_16-40-37.png

13. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Hi Thraust

I think you have a class in your project called "Type" that does not live in a namespace. That causes the code to be confused whether to use your "Type" or "System.Type".

I recommend renaming your "Type" class to something like "GameType". You could also put your "Type" inside a namespace

14. Thraust

Thraust

That was it! Thank you!

15. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

No problem :)

16. eblumrich

eblumrich

STILL having issues.

about 66% of the time, Asset Hunter window will not open in a given project file.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

17. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Hi ebumrich

Sorry to hear you are haivng problems. I have (to my knowledge) no other customers experiencing this issue, so I need a bit more information.

Is it possible for you to send me a project that excibits this behaviour at contact@heurekagames.com.
    Does the problem occur in empty projects in which you just imported Asset Hunter?
    You say 66%, does that mean it only opens in 1/3 projects, or that it open 1/3 of the times in a specific project?
    Are there any errors in log when it fails to open?
    Are you using the most recent version of AHPRO?

18. tko1975

tko1975

Development Environment: macOS (Mojave), Unity 2018.4.16f1
    Assets Hunter Pro: ver. 1.3.1

If I install in an empty project, an error occurs.
    I couldn't resolve the error.
    Could you give me some advice on what to do?

Assets/Heureka/AssetHunterPRO/Editor/Scripts/AH_EditorData.cs(46,33): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ConfigurableIcon' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Attached Files:

19. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Whops, seems like i did something bad in this last update. I will investigate immediately and get back to you asap.

Apparently I did something weird with AssemblyDefinitions :|

EDIT: Ok, so it works in 2019, but 2018 seems to deal with AssemblyDefinitions a bit different.
    Here is a temporary fix though:

Change the Asembly Deifinition References to like the image above. I will work on a proper fix and release very soon

EDIT2: I exported the asset using 2017 which didn't have support for AssemblyDefinition, which means AHPRO is broken for 2017.3 -> 2018.4. I have a fix in mind though

EDIT3: Fixed in v1.3.2 (Will probably be live in 1-2 days)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    hopeful likes this.
  20. tko1975

tko1975

Thank you very much.
    Thanks to your advice, I was able to import it.

> Fixed in v1.3.2
    Thank you !!
    I'll update it when it's released.

21. codingDevil

codingDevil

Hello. Why are many unused models still labelled used? In the unused tag there are only few assets. Definitely over 90% of my project assets are unused. Thanks.
    hello.png

22. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Hi dragondragoon4

I can see from your screenshot that the FBX is located in the "Recources" folder which would explain it.
    All assets placed in the "Resources" folder are added to the build by default, that is just the behavior of that particular folder. My immediate thought would be that all of the assets that shows up as being used, although you dont use them, are within that folder?

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Resources.html

cengage-jsal likes this.
  23. codingDevil

codingDevil

You're my hero! Now my build is way thinner than before.

24. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

YAY!

25. Yunitea

Yunitea

Tested with Asset Hunter Pro 1.3.3 in Unity 2019.3.3f1 and 2019.3.11f1:

Release
    Build through Build Settings window as well as through Asset Hunter window fails with this exception:

Removing Asset Hunter resolves the issue. How to fix this?

26. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Hi yunitea

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems. I've not seen this issue before, but it seems to be a problem with one of the Universal Windows Platform images (Appicon, Storeimage etc).

I will see if I'm able to replicate the problem, but until then change line 189 in AH_Utils:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. List<Texture2D> additionalTargetGroupIcons = getAdditionalTargetAssets(targetGroup);
    to
    Code (CSharp):
    1. List<Texture2D> additionalTargetGroupIcons = null;// = getAdditionalTargetAssets(targetGroup);
    This means that the tool wont recognize any UWP specific images as being used in the build, so you should be aware of that.

I will let you know what I find though.

EDIT: I was unable to reproduce the issue in a UWP project. If possible, you could send me the project that is creating problems at contact@heurekagames.com. (You can delete all the assets except the UWP specific images, just need the project settings and those images)

Also does this happen in a new UWP project?

EDIT 2: I did manage to reproduce the error. Its a problem with Unity, not AHPRO, but I will see what I can do to circumvent it

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  27. nooxouille

nooxouille

Hello there!
    Ever heard of any kind of conflict between the build systems of both Unity and the Microsoft Mixed Reality Toolkit when used alongside AH ?

28. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Hi nooxouille

I've heard of an issue with VRChat because it apparently bypasses unity's own buildprocess which means i cannot hook into it, but haven't heard about any issues with MR toolkit. What happens?

29. nooxouille

nooxouille

Well, nothing tbh ahah.
    Edit : I am getting an error : Exception: Unknown image scale: _80

There is the possiblity for users to build using a "dedicated" build window, made for the MRTK.
    But even when using the built-in build system, nothing happen from AH : it is not loading the Buildinfo, and I don't know where I should be looking for it (never had to ask myself that question : where is it located).

upload_2020-4-30_16-24-11.png

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  30. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Ah! This is actually the same issue as 'Yunitea' mentioned in this post, I also mention a possible temporary fix until I release a proper one.
    Seems like something has changed in the UWP build step, but I will see If I can get to the bottom of it

31. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

@nooxouille & @Yunitea

Seems like Unity changed this switch to no longer acknowledge some image scales. I cant tell you why though :confused:
    I will do some exception handling and release a new version today that bypasses this issue.

EDIT: Just release v1.3.4 which fixes this issue. Usually live within a few days

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    nooxouille likes this.
  32. nooxouille

nooxouille

Oh, my bad! Haven't used the search bar!

Noice! I'll wait for it then ! Thx for the quick anwser and solution :)

KristianHJ likes this.
  33. Yunitea

Yunitea

@KristianHJ Thanks for looking into the issue so promptly!

34. nooxouille

nooxouille

@KristianHJ Double thx, it is working like a charm !

Attached Files:

35. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

no problem :)

36. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Great, thanks for letting me know

37. SSL7

SSL7

Assets\Heureka\AssetHunterPRO\Editor\Scripts\AH_WindowStyler.cs(68,123): error CS1061: 'AH_EditorData' does not contain a definition for 'HeadlineStyle' and no accessible extension method 'HeadlineStyle' accepting a first argument of type 'AH_EditorData' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Getting this error in 2019.3.13

38. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Hi SSL7

I recently renamed AH_WindowStyler and AH_Editordata and moved the files, and it sounds like something went wrong when you updated. Could you try to update to most recent version of AHPRO (v1.3.4), and if that doesn't work, I will have to ask you to delete the 'Heureka' folder and reimport it - I know it shouldn't be necessary, but I believe it has to do with the way the unity asset database identifies and caches files.

I'm almost certain that will do the trick, if not, feel free to contact me at contact@heurekagames.com and I'll help you out

39. eblumrich

eblumrich

Getting this...

upload_2020-5-18_12-51-22.png

Any idea why?

40. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

41. Tinus

Tinus

Really digging the revamped Asset Hunter Pro!

Couple of small feature requests:
    • Toggle to disable automatic re-analysis after performing a delete
      • On massive projects, each re-analysis takes quite a while, slowing down cleanup workflow
    • Delete multiple selected assets
      • Currently when multi-selecting the delete option disappears and becomes a list export option?
    These two additions would vastly improve the user experience working on huge projects. :)

42. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Hi Tinus

Thanks for your suggestions which are both completely valid. I don't want to remove the automatic re-analysis by default, since that will cause the list to be out of date, but there might be, as you suggest, a way for me to add it as a setting to allow the user to choose for him/herself.

Regarding the multiple asset selecting, I had a hard time figuring out exactly how to do that when i designed AHPRO.
    How it works right now is that if you select multiple assets, it does exactly as you request BUT if you do multiselection and one of the selected is a folder, it wont let you delete. I did this because it became hard to visualize to the user exactly what was selected for deletion since selecting a folder will also delete its contents, but is not shown in the list as being selected, which is confusing. Another example is have a folder with multiple subfolders (a,b,c) - if the user then selects the root-folder and subfolder a+b but not c, what happens then?

I could mimic how windows explorer work, but its quite a bit of design/implementation work to have a very feature-rich explorer, so for now its a constraint although i agree with you it would be an improvement.

I will promise you though, to give it some thought to see if I can come up with a better solution.

43. SenseEater

SenseEater

upload_2020-8-14_19-48-40.png

Getting these ConfiguraleIcon missing error on Unity 2018.4.26f1 when importing latest version of AHP from store ( v1.3.4 )

44. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Hi SenseEater

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Is this a clean import of AHPRO or did you have a previous version already in the project?

Could you try to delete the heureka folder and import again?

If that doesn't work feel free to write me at contact@heurekagames.com

45. SenseEater

SenseEater

It's a clean import. And i already tried clean re importing. Same error.

46. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

I dont seem to be able to reproduce the error you are experiencing. Is it possible for you to send me a copy of your project, or a slimmed down version that throws the above errors.

47. emptyxu

emptyxu

for large range project
    this tool significant slow down build speed
    addon setting stored in EditorPrefs, unable to upload to svc.

48. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Hi emptyxu

First of all, sorry for the late reply.
    I am not 100% certain what you mean is slowing down the build - also you dont have to have it running for every build, you can just disable that in settings.
    With regards to adding settings to version control, It was a conscious decision to add it to editorprefs instead so every teammember wouldn't keep overridding the same file, but rather store their own individual settings.

emptyxu likes this.
  49. Jh2556

Jh2556

Hi KristianHJ,

Great asset! I am having an issue though.

I'm using it on a large project, after a build when I load the build report, Unity uses more and more memory until about 12Gb when it crashes (16Gb system memory). Using Unity 2019.4.1f1.

Any ideas? Thanks!!

50. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Hi jh

I dont have a good answer at the ready, but Im sure we can figure out what is going on.

Does the build report finish loading?
    Are there any errors in log?
    Maybe you can send the build report file (and editor log) to contact@heurekagames.com