Search Unity

Official AR Foundation v5.0

Discussion in 'AR' started by tropicdragon_unity, Aug 24, 2022.

1. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Dan4x8,

I believe the issue observed by @Kasperknop above is the same as this one: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/arfoundation-samples/issues/1063

We will post updates to that GitHub issue link as our investigation progresses. We believe this issue might be caused by the new Input System although our investigation is ongoing. For now the only way to achieve frame-perfect sync between camera and tracking data is to remain on AR Foundation 4.2.

2. Flavelius

Flavelius

When using the simulator, regular objects aswell as tracked planes in the scene don't show up in the game view (only the simulation environment and overlay ui in my case). Only when i manually set the SimulatedCamera's culling mask in the editor to their layer (it's set to none by default). The XR Origin camera's culling mask seems to be unused as long as the Ar camera background component is active.
    Is this expected or does it require another setup step that i missed?
    ubuntu 22.10, Unity 2021.3.20f1, Standard pipeline, Ar foundation 5.1.0-pre.3

Edit: it's the ARCameraBackground component, that's faulty. It just renders the simulated camera output on top.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  3. unity_qFF5lyej1cOtRg

unity_qFF5lyej1cOtRg

Hi! I'm working with an AR project on Unity 23.1 and as soon as I check google ARcore in my project settings I get this:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.xr.arfoundation@5.0.5\Runtime\InternalUtils\FindObjectsUtility.cs(66,27): error CS0117: 'Object' does not contain a definition for 'FindObjectsByType'

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.xr.arfoundation@5.0.5\Runtime\InternalUtils\FindObjectsUtility.cs(66,48): error CS0103: The name 'FindObjectsSortMode' does not exist in the current context

Has anyone ever seen this?

4. CiaranWills

CiaranWills

Unity Technologies

5. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

@unity_qFF5lyej1cOtRg 2023.1 is currently in beta. You are likely running on an older version of 2023.1 before these new API members were added (beta 4 if I remember correctly).

The solution here is to update to the latest patch of 2023.1, or downgrade to an older version of AR Foundation.

6. UnitDan

UnitDan

I have the same issue. Thanks Flavelius, the culling mask does the trick for now. Using Unity 2022.2.10, URP 14.0.6, ArFoundation 5.0.5.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  7. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

makaka-org likes this.
  8. makaka-org

makaka-org

9. Thaina

Thaina

makaka-org likes this.
  10. makaka-org

makaka-org

Just to log the answer for other users because the staff didn't answer you on this forum

Thaina likes this.
  11. Vineet7088

Vineet7088

MakeContentAppearAt(content, content.transform.position, m_Rotation);

for the ARSessionOrigin this is still not resoved

makaka-org likes this.
  12. makaka-org

makaka-org

13. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

makaka-org likes this.
  14. GameFinder

GameFinder

15. makaka-org

makaka-org

16. unity_andrewc

unity_andrewc

Unity Technologies

Hand-tracking is exposed through the XR Hands package: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.xr.hands@1.2/manual/index.html.

Also, there is a new dedicated visionOS forum where you can reach folks more likely to have the relevant experience to help: https://forum.unity.com/forums/visionos.968/

GameFinder and makaka-org like this.
  17. GameFinder

GameFinder

18. Cybertiger

Cybertiger

Tried version 5.1.0 and i get this error here using unity 2022.3.9:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Library\PackageCache\com.unity.xr.arfoundation@5.1.0\Runtime\VisualScripting\Units\Events\EventUnits\SessionStateChangedEventUnit.cs(50,30): error CS0506: 'SessionStateChangedEventUnit.StopListening(GraphStack)': cannot override inherited member 'EventUnit<ARSessionState>.StopListening(GraphStack)' because it is not marked virtual, abstract, or override

Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
  19. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

@Cybertiger The issue here is that the Unity Visual Scripting team inappropriately allowed breaking changes in their minor version release 1.9.0. They have since fixed the issue in 1.9.1. If your project doesn't use Visual Scripting, you can remove the package from your project (it's installed by default): https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/upm-ui-remove.html, or you should upgrade your Visual Scripting version to 1.9.1.

The next patch of the 2022 LTS will also use 1.9.1 instead of 1.9.0 but unfortunately they built this Editor containing the breaking change.

20. Archi_16

Archi_16

Hi there. I have question regarding to Light Estimation.
    On ARCameraManager I have set "Everything" on Light Estimation drop down list.
    In the code, I get all variables. and use them:

1. var maincolor = obj.lightEstimation.mainLightColor;
    2. var mainLightDirection = obj.lightEstimation.mainLightDirection;
    3. var colorCorrection = obj.lightEstimation.colorCorrection;
    4. var averageBrightness = obj.lightEstimation.averageBrightness;
    5. var averageColorTemperature = obj.lightEstimation.averageColorTemperature;
    6. var averageIntensityInLumens = obj.lightEstimation.averageIntensityInLumens;
    7. var averageMainLightBrightness = obj.lightEstimation.averageMainLightBrightness;

But only 1 and 2 has values. changing "Everything" to each one only, results same thing, on some cases only 4 and 6 only work.

Question is, i want to use light direction and averageIntensityInLumens(or averageMainLightBrightness, or averageBrightness) to control main light intensity and angle. so how to do it?

21. Archi_16

Archi_16

And on IOS Selecting "Eveything" turns to front camera :( Have you tested this before releasing? :)

22. makaka-org

makaka-org

It depends on the platform and specific device. It changes values that are available for your device.

andyb-unity likes this.
  23. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

@Archi_16 Your requested light estimation values are used by the configuration chooser to determine the configuration that meets the highest number of requested features. More information here:

Yes.

KyryloKuzyk likes this.
  24. Archi_16

Archi_16

Hello @andyb-unity thanks for your reply. is there and updated configuration list for ARfoundation 5 (and why not for 6), or it is all the same?
    As for now i enabled the Main light direction and intensity, and only direction and color have value, the intensity has not.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
  25. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

@Archi_16 The list of available configurations comes from your device. AR Foundation does not include any pre-built configuration lists.

26. Archi_16

Archi_16

Unity 2022.3.5, ARFoundation/ARCore 5.0.7, Soft shadow works perfectly.
    Unity 2022.3.11(12 as well), ARFoundation/ARcore 5.1.0, soft shadow doesn't work on Android(haven't tested other platforms, but in editor it works)

When i turn off Google ARCore from XR Plug-in Management, soft shadows are working again

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
  27. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

I've never heard of this issue. Please file a bug. Note our FAQ:

28. acme3D

acme3D

Is this working ok with URP on Unity LTS 2021.3.29 on iOS? Having a lot of problems after I switched to URP (black background, trails)

29. slim_sheady

slim_sheady

Is there any simple way to implement an in-app photo capture?
    I feel like users would want to save pictures of themselves or the AR experience they're in. I would expect this to be an obvious feature to have in the samples repo but I could not find an example anywhere in the whole AR Foundation samples project.
    A screenshot includes UI and is not as user friendly when they have to press a physical button on the side of the device, nor does it capture video.

makaka-org likes this.
  30. makaka-org

makaka-org

There is an asset called Native Gallery for Android & iOS which provides saving your image in the Gallery app on mobile phone by default as well as the example of making a screenshot. Here you can add mechanics that hide UI during the screenshot.

slim_sheady likes this.