Search Unity

AQUAS Water/River Set - Water & Rivers for Mobile, VR, Web, Desktop

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dogmachris, Jan 8, 2016.

1. mgear

mgear

tested in 2019.4.19f1+Oculus quest using link cable, (i know theres no full vr support but just posting for info)

underwater reflection has this issue (it goes to left / right on each eye), this was in infinite scene.
    upload_2021-8-26_9-22-22.png

2. gogogo_unity

gogogo_unity

Hello.
    I bought aquas2020.
    I have built advanced underwater into my scene and when I build it, it looks like the picture.
    upload_2021-8-26_18-36-15.png
    With the play button pressed there are no gaps like this and it renders nicely.
    upload_2021-8-26_18-37-8.png
    The simple one does not look like this when built.
    There are two cameras, one of which is used to draw the background. The main camera has a clear flag and the skybox is removed by depth.
    I thought this was caused by setting the clear flag to depth only, so I set the clear flag to skybox, but that didn't solve the problem.
    The camera is also post-processed and anti-aliased with FXAA.
    I have also edited the script in AQUAS_Reflection.cs as follows.
    upload_2021-8-26_18-37-33.png
    Can you give me some advice?
    The version of unity is 2019.4.26f1.
    The project template is 3D.
    The version of aquas 2020 is 1.1.1.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

3. gogogo_unity

gogogo_unity

4. dogmachris

dogmachris

5. dogmachris

dogmachris

Is this using multi pass or single pass rendering?

6. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

New update? Its been a long time?

7. m506

m506

Hi dogmachris,

I just wanted to let you know your library is being used in our upcoming game "Ilum".

We just released our gameplay trailer so you can watch if you want.

We are using the library in our rivers and that has worked pretty great so far, with good performance and quality.

Please check the video below and the official Unity thread for more information on the game:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/ilum-gameplay-reveal-trailer.1167101/

All the best and thank you!
    Marco Marques

dsilverthorn, dogmachris and hopeful like this.
  8. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Wanted to share this video back from 2017 using Aqua for some great effects mixing with fog and lighting, during the concert sequence. You can see it in the cover picture for the YouTube. :)

dogmachris likes this.
  9. Zimnel

Zimnel

It's possible to upgrade Aquas shaders to URP? I mean manually.

10. bdubbert

bdubbert

I've had AQUAS sitting around in my project folder for about 4 years now and have finally gotten around to making a water scene to put it in. The water looks great, but I seem to be getting some odd graphical glitches, specifically the water seems to (sometimes inconsistently) render over other effects in the scene

1. I'm using Tenkoku weather system, and the Tenkoku Fog does not seem to work in between the camera and the water
    2. I'm using a line renderer that is attached to a helicopter flying over the water. The line renderer works fine, but within about 100 units of the surface of the water the line becomes invisible if there is water behind it. This has been pretty inconsistent for me as well, sometimes the line renderer works fine when I am right above the water, but usually not
    3. I have a couple particle systems attached to some boats for splash/wake effects. They seem to occasionally be invisible based on the distance the camera is to them, but only when they are in front of the water.

I am using the calm ocean water preset and have made a few tweaks to it, but I can't seem to find any settings in the shader or reflection probe to fix any of this. Is this something that you can help me troubleshoot?

11. bdubbert

bdubbert

I was able to get this to happen a few more times for some other objects, for example in these screenshots it appears as if the helicopter is below the water from above but it is actually about 20ft above the water

12. dogmachris

dogmachris

Well possible by all means, but it'd be so tedious, it would be quicker to write them from scratch for URP. Sorry, I'm afraid there's no easy simple way to this. :S

13. dogmachris

dogmachris

Hey there,

it seems all of your issues are z-fighting issues where the shader can't determine what is in front and what is in the back. Everything you describe (Tenkoku, the line renderer and the particles require everything behind it or everything they render on top of to write to the depth buffer. However transparent or partially transparrent shaders can't do that (and they're not supposed to btw).

AQUAS has no workaround for this, but AQUAS 2020 does. I think you should upgrade to the 2020 version and try that instead (upgrading is free). See this video, it should get all of your issues fixed:

unityunity