Search Unity

AQUAS Water/River Set - Water & Rivers for Mobile, VR, Web, Desktop

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dogmachris, Jan 8, 2016.

1. bear56

bear56

Is it possible to make two cameras with AQUAS 2020 underwater effect at the same time ?

2. Unplug

Unplug

any plan for HDRP support soon ?

3. browne11

browne11

Updated lite version of this software. It's completely broken. It's looking for references to the river set which I've uninstalled.
    Assets\Editor\AQUAS_RiverSetup.cs(158,35): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AQUAS_Reflection' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Editor\AQUAS_QuickSetup.cs(235,47): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AQUAS_Camera' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

DesertRaven likes this.
  4. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

5. mgrieci

mgrieci

Does Aquas support URP (Universal Render Pipeline)?

mmaclaurin and Meceka like this.
  6. xorpheous

xorpheous

I know this has been an issue in the past, but has anyone found a solution for the underwater fog not rendering in a build? It looks just fine when I play in the editor, but is non-existent in the build.

I should mention that I'm using Unity 2019.1.17f1 and Aquas 2020 1.1.1.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  7. CBam97

CBam97

Hey guys, does anyone have any idea why I would be experiencing this effect in the build version of my game: upload_2020-4-10_22-21-28.png
    AQUAS works flawlessly in the editor, as can be seen in the screenshot below, however I cannot seem to pinpoint why this is happening in the executable... its almost like something is not being added/rendered correctly in the build? Thanks in advance.

upload_2020-4-10_22-23-8.png

8. CBam97

CBam97

Did you ever get a fix for this? I believe the issue I'm describing/pictured above is the same issue?

9. cxode

cxode

You might have to add a shader to the "always included shaders". (Project Settings -> Graphics)

camta005 likes this.
  10. CBam97

CBam97

This fixed the issue, I simply added every AQUAS shader using this method and it has fixed the issue... Thanks a million!

dogmachris, xorpheous and cxode like this.
  11. dreb4o

dreb4o

Gaia pro integration ??

wersw73 likes this.
  12. Magic73

Magic73

Any chance to support URP shaders?

13. dirfinyu

dirfinyu

Hi, when i use the prefab i see it on scene editor but not in gameplay. I have added all shaders to Project settings-->Graphics but problem persists. When i use Quick setup problem persist.
    EDIT: My camera is ortographic if y put it perspective mode water prefab runs but i need to use Ortographic camera

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  14. ChillX

ChillX

Any chance of SRP support I cannot use Aquas 2020 because my project is using the HDRP pipeline :(
    And I really do not want to downgrade to URP

DesertRaven likes this.
  15. Coding42

Coding42

I know AQUAS is supposed to be flat but it is possible to project the flat texture onto a hexagonal based 3d mesh? No change of the 2d textures required. I do not need waves or so in the texture. And if so is it possible to slow down the movement of the texture so it looks more like honey/gel?

16. yonson_chappers

yonson_chappers

is there still no LWRP support for Aquas 2020? Just a bit worried as its been well over a year since I saw it was in development?

17. Magic73

Magic73

I love this asset, and I hope that the developments may continue...

18. bingofly

bingofly

Been a little while since this asset has been updated. Just checking, is it still being worked on?

19. naemihan

naemihan

Sorry for the necro.
    I moved AQUAS_CameraSwitcher.cs to the Assets/Editor folder, but I'm still getting :

Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_CameraSwitcher.cs(29,122): error CS0103: The name `AssetDatabase' does not exist in the current context
    and
    Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_CameraSwitcher.cs(28,125): error CS0103: The name `AssetDatabase' does not exist in the current context

Please help

20. dogmachris

dogmachris

Best is to delete the script. It is only required for the demo scenes and serves no other purpose or in other words it's not required for the asset to work. It should work just fine with the errors gone if you delete it - does it help?

21. dogmachris

dogmachris

Yep, just in the final stages of adding procedural wet lens and procedural raindrop rendering on the surface - URP support coming up next, whereas I suppose the image effects won't be as difficult to porst, as the surface shaders, but unfortunately one doesn't make a lot of sense without the others. If I figure it takes too long, I may just publish urp support for the surface shaders, before I add support for the image effects too.

hopeful and Magic73 like this.
  22. Magic73

Magic73

23. dogmachris

dogmachris

Not quite a year since AQUAS 2020 came out :D but you're right, it's been taking rather long - the projected grid took a lot longer than expected and I'm currently polishing up the latest features (procedural wet lens and t´rain drop rendering), with URP being next on the agenda before HDRP. This order is simply due to the higher amount of requests for URP.

Magic73 likes this.
  24. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Yeah.. URP is more FPS and more across the board better for multiple platforms.

25. lolaswift

lolaswift

Hi, I need some help.
    The caustics is flashing too much.

Attached Files:

26. CJA_888

CJA_888

Hello, Sir.I would like to ask how I can use volume light underwater, such as the volume light of UPR or the volume light of aura2 plug-in.

27. dogmachris

dogmachris

Do they flicker or are they just too bright?

28. dogmachris

dogmachris

There is a tutorial on how to use AQUAS 2020 with volumetric lighting or make it compatible with all effects that rely on a correct depth buffer:

Is that what you are looking for or do you have something more specific in mind?

29. lolaswift

lolaswift

They flicker

30. naemihan

naemihan

Thank you ! For me it works starting at 2501 and up.

31. dogmachris

dogmachris

This usually happens when using tesselation on a surface that receives caustics, but sometimes it just so happens, I haven't been able to get to the bottom of it in every case.
    Please try a simple unity terrain without a custom shader (standard unity shader). Does that make any difference?

32. xorpheous

xorpheous

I have not yet.

33. dogmachris

dogmachris

If you see underwater fog in the editor, but not in the build, please try setting the fog modes to manual in the project settings (Edit -> Project Settings -> Graphics -> Shader Stripping -> Fog Modes) and leave the checkboxes for all modes checked.

By default the fog modes are set to automatic, but in some cases this leads to fog not rendering in builds. I have not yet been able to pinpoint the cause for that.

Does that help?

34. malkere

malkere

I'm running 2018.4.23, using the Desktop and Web/Double-Sided/Triple-Textured Bumpy shader (haven't updated in a while either) but, it seems further instances of my water (endless procedural world) something along the lines of 2000m+ go super dark, like 80% black, and I can't figure out a setting to turn up that distance. I have custom fog off, and... the rest seem unrelated??

35. dogmachris

dogmachris

Hm... Have you tried adjusting the colors of the water (especially deep color)? Could it be that beyond that line the water is simply very deep and thus the color?

36. malkere

malkere

No it's a very sharp change in color across the entire plane. Looks like around 1700m. If I move closer than that the whole plane switches and it looks normal. If I move back away from it again it switches to dark. Though yes it is about the dark/deep color.
    upload_2020-5-21_9-20-19.png

37. dogmachris

dogmachris

That's weird indeed. It is only one plane, I guess. It is not the terrain that ends at that line, is it?

Please try the following:
    • Increase the density and the fade value on the water material, to see if it helps.
    • Increase the bounding box of the reflection probe (child of the waterplane)
    Also, you can PM me, if none of this helps, maybe we can do a live session, I may need to have a direct look at your scene, to see what may be wrong.

malkere likes this.
  38. SNS_Case

SNS_Case

Just putting in my vote for HDRP support! Love the asset, keep up the great work.

Skotrap7 and dogmachris like this.
  39. nrodemund

nrodemund

@dogmachris

Is Aquas able to render only "inside" lakes/river/...? My terrain system allow to dig, and it is possible to dig under a lake at a certain distance to ground. This is an important feature as it should be able to dig a tunnel under a river and dig in all directions when deep enough. Using an easy approach (some ugly generic water on a mesh) this works, as the water mesh is only created at calculated positions.
    So can I create something like a "deepness mask" so Aquas knows how deep to render and does not render at all when 0? (or any other solution to achieve this)

EDIT: Theoretically I can workaround the "under sea ground" problem by just disabling the whole aquas plane when being under sea level while not over sea ground. For this possible solution another question: Can Aquas render on irregular meshes? Some water materials do not support this as they use a geometry shader that causes horizontal movement (and therefore artifacts between triangles)

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  40. dogmachris

dogmachris

Please check the following in the editor:
    The waterplane should be having 2 materials on it, one for the frontface and one for the backface. The material of the backface should be using the shader "AQUAS/Desktop/Back/Transparent", when working with WebGL. Is it that or is it set to default? Does it solve the issue, when changing the shader as suggested?

41. dogmachris

dogmachris

AQUAS 2020 is capable of doing that, the old AQUAS is not - may I ask which one you are using (btw, upgrading is still free of charge, but be sure to backup your project and remove the old AQUAS completely before importing AQUAS 2020)?

42. Zeevex

Zeevex

Cool asset, i have a few questions (more so confirmations)
    I haven't purchased it yet, however it's looking like a perfect fit for my idea
    URP seems like it's being worked on that's great news!
    would you say this is a few months away?

also i noticed on the store page it has a basic buoyancy system?

i'm looking to simulate rivers, and wondering it it is possible to have rigid-body objects float down stream (similar to, or using the flow map current)

thank you in advance!
    kind regards,

43. nrodemund

nrodemund

Oi. Just bought and tried aquas. Massive framerate drop from 180 FPS to 60 without reflection script. Hm there seem to be some problems with irregular meshes. (Also multiple meshes as it renders on chunk (256*256) component. The other material (water4) does not affect framerate

44. Meceka

Meceka

Hello, I'm integrating Aquas for the first time, and these errors appear every frame when I see the material inspector of Aquas. I think I followed everything right with importing and also creating water plane, and I tried re-doing but these always appear. And water also doesn't look as it should.

upload_2020-6-5_13-37-40.png

Thanks.

45. mgrieci

mgrieci

I absolutely loved this asset until we upgraded to URP. Our game is launching in August and we are going to have to figure out a different water asset unless URP support comes soon.

46. adamcheong

adamcheong

it's the demo scene that shipped with AQUAS lite i tried to build for webgl. It only has the two shaders supplied so I can't really change it to anything else anyway.

Attached Files:

47. rickcollette

rickcollette

I have searched threads, google, fiddled with knobs and settings. I cannot, for the life of me, figure this out.
    Aquas 2020 on Unity 2019.4.0f1 macos.
    It's a bit pixelated. And I'm going round and round trying to get it. Any ideas?

[Edit]: I scrapped the scene, started a fresh project, and it is still doing it. It does not do this in the demo, however.
    [Edit again]: Seems to happen with any water system. Has to be some setting in the scene...
    [Edit more]: found (and lost) a thread that said I should enable URP. Did that, and now I'm stuck in a crashing and reloading cycle. Argh! Still no resolution.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  48. dl290485

dl290485

I've come back to an old project with Aquas. The first scene has the camera get a wet lens when exiting the water. I copied the camera and the water object to a new scene but it doesn't get a wet lens. I figured out I needed to reset in the component the water plane, and so that gets it switching between the wet lens and dry lens properly and playing the sound, but the droplets aren't visible in the game view. I can actually see them in front of the camera in the Scene window, but they aren't visible in the actual playing window.

Can anything think of what could be going wrong here?

EDIT: I figured it out. My near plane setting on the camera was set too high.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  49. Skotrap7

Skotrap7

+1 Haven't seen a good water package that supports HDRP yet. Looks like Lux is dragging its feet, would love to see this support HDRP soon-ish.

50. IrishJohnGaming

IrishJohnGaming

Hey guys! Just wondering how I can achieve this wake effect from boats in Aquas? Not seeing anything in the demos, nothing in the scripts either.

upload_2020-6-22_2-27-19.png

Many thanks!,
    Irish John