Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AQUAS Water/River Set - Water & Rivers for Mobile, VR, Web, Desktop

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dogmachris, Jan 8, 2016.

1. dogmachris

dogmachris

Hey there, I've answered your email on this issue.
    Did it do any good?

2. protopop

protopop

I installed Umotion asset, and it crashes Unity everytime i try and load a scene, saying it detected an unhandled exception error and crashes Unity.

Before it crashes, Aquas throws an unhandled exception (which i presume is the one umotion is detecting?)

I unistalled AQUAS and now can use Umotion, but it isn't ideal because i use and love Aquas.

Maybe this is particular to my setup? Im on MAc OS 10.10 with Unity 5.6.4p1

Im just posting this in case anyone else has this issue. Maybe something is conflicting?

And here is the error in case when i try to change a scene:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    AQUAS.AQUAS_RemoveDefine.OnWillDeleteAsset (System.String assetPath, RemoveAssetOptions rao) (at Assets/Editor/AQUAS_RemoveDefine.cs:17)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.AssetModificationProcessorInternal.OnWillDeleteAsset (System.String assetPath, RemoveAssetOptions options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssetModificationProcessor.cs:226)
    UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:CreateAsset(Object, String)
    ΉΊΊΊΊΊΉΊΉΉΉΊΉΉΉΊΉΊΉΉΊΉΊΉΉΉΊΉΉΊΊΊΉΉΊΊΉΉΉΊΊΉΉΊΉΊΉ:ΊΉΊΉΉΊΊΉΊΉΉΊΊΉΉΉΊΊΉΊΉΉΊΊΉΉΉΉΊΊΉΊΊΉΊΉΉΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΊΉ(String)
    ΊΉΉΉΉΊΉΉΉΉΊΊΊΊΉΊΊΉΉΊΉΉΉΉΊΉΊΊΉΊΊΊΊΊΊΉΊΉΊΊΊΉΉΉΊΉΊ:ΊΊΉΉΊΉΊΉΉΉΊΉΉΊΉΉΊΊΊΊΉΊΉΉΉΊΉΊΉΊΉΊΊΉΉΉΉΊΉΊΊΊΉΊΉΉΊ(ΉΊΉΊΉΊΊΉΉΊΉΉΉΉΊΉΉΊΉΉΉΊΊΉΉΉΉΊΊΉΊΉΊΉΉΉΉΉΊΊΊΊΉΊΉΊΉ)
    ΊΉΉΉΉΊΉΉΉΉΊΊΊΊΉΊΊΉΉΊΉΉΉΉΊΉΊΊΉΊΊΊΊΊΊΉΊΉΊΊΊΉΉΉΊΉΊ:ΊΉΉΉΉΉΉΊΊΉΉΊΊΊΊΉΊΉΉΉΊΊΊΊΉΉΉΉΉΉΊΉΊΊΊΉΊΉΊΉΊΊΊΊΉΊΊ()
    ΊΊΉΉΉΊΉΊΉΊΉΊΉΊΊΊΉΉΊΊΉΊΊΉΉΉΉΊΊΉΊΉΉΉΉΊΉΉΊΉΉΊΉΉΉΊΉ:ΊΉΊΉΊΊΊΉΉΉΊΊΊΊΉΉΊΉΉΊΉΉΊΊΉΉΉΉΊΊΉΊΊΉΉΊΊΉΊΊΉΉΉΉΊΊΉ()
    UMotionEditor.GUICompatibilityUtility:OnHierarchyChanged_HelperEvent() (at Assets/Editor Default Resources/UMotionEditor/Scripts/Editor/GUICompatibilityUtility.cs:76)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallHierarchyWindowHasChanged()

3. StormchaserZA

StormchaserZA

Hey Chris!

Yip I'm sorted thanks.

4. sgower

sgower

I'll definitely be buying this as soon as single pass is working. From a previous post, I see you mentioned a new Aquas Ocean version that will fix this. I'm looking forward to seeing this fix and the new version! I'm used the current version though, and have a question about the underwater effect. When I looked at this it seems that when underwater, everything is always blurred. Can you make a setting where things aren't blurred as if you were wearing a mask? I think you actually had a water drops on the lens effect (which I don't care about), but if there is a lens in front of you (via a mask or goggles), then the user water view should be clear.

rocky1138 likes this.
  5. username132323232

username132323232

I tried all the combinations of "Occlusion Culling" and "Ignore Occlusion Culling". The blinking persists.

Also disabled the reflection component, but that makes no difference. I'm attaching the AQUAS object screenshot. Perhaps it will be helpful.

AQUAS object.PNG

I hope we can fix it because the water looks really really good :)

6. dogmachris

dogmachris

Well then it's not due to the relfections. Have a look at the near clipping plane. Set it to 0.3 if it's lower. Does that help?

7. dogmachris

dogmachris

Check the underwater settings. There should be 2 post processing profiles in the inspector. Select the underwater profile, you can tweak everything in there. The blurryness is achieved via depth of field. You can adjust it as you wish or simply disable DOF. you can of course create your own underwater profile with the settings as you need them, you don't have to use the provided one if you don't want to.

8. dogmachris

dogmachris

Huh, that's weird it seems to be caused by AQUAS's RemoveDefine script. I've fixed the error that pops up, when using it, the update should be live within a few days. Meanwhile you can delete the "AQUAS_RemoveDefine.cs" script from the editor folder. Does that help?

9. dogmachris

dogmachris

I don't yet have a solution for reflections in single pass stereo, but I have something for you to try:

Code (CSharp):
    1. float2 ConvertToStereo( float2 uv ){
    2.             float2 uvs = uv;
    3.             #if UNITY_SINGLE_PASS_STEREO
    4.             uvs = (uv.xy + float2 (unity_StereoEyeIndex,0)) * float2 (.5f,1);
    5.             #endif
    7.             return uvs;
    8.             }
    Open the shader code and insert the above code right before the struct VertexInput (in every pass if you're using a shader with more than one pass).
    I don't think ,this is going to work right out of the box, but to be honest, I haven't gotten that far with single pass stereo yet.

Now that AQUAS 1.5 is submitted, this is what I'll be focusing on.

rocky1138 likes this.
  10. protopop

protopop

Thanks:) Yeah, i deleted the whole EDITOR folder (do i need that?) and just kept the AQUAS folder and the issue is gone. The developer for Umotion said he was aware of the issue too.

11. dogmachris

dogmachris

Uh... the editor folder actually contains the quick setup and the river setup. But you can reimport just those, if you need them.

protopop likes this.
  12. protopop

protopop

Thanks again:) I've had Aquas in BrightRidge for so long i have forgotten if i had to do anything special to set it up. I dont know what those do but i should check them out - they sound interesting. Ill reimport and just leave out the RemoveDefine script (is that important to have?).

13. dogmachris

dogmachris

Only if you want to use Enviro (and PP stack v2, once the update goes live, but the issue with the script should be resolved then).

protopop likes this.
  14. mattis89

mattis89

hey! what is new in the update? When I allreadybhave it in a project how to update it?

15. dogmachris

dogmachris

Hey there,

yep, the update is live. Here's the changelog for 1.5:
    • Fixed a bug that caused an error message when files were deleted from the project folder
    • Added support for post processing stack v2
    • Added a depth mask shader to keep water from rendering inside floating objects
    • Added various preset materials to the quick setup and the river setup
    • Added material properties to control the distance at which transparent refraction is visible to reduce the effect of certain artifacts
    In existing projects, you can just go to the Asset window in Unity, in your download manager go to AQUAS, press Update and then import. This will suggest you to overwrite files that have changed in AQUAS 1.5.

To be safe though, you should make a backup first. Just in case something happens, that I didn't forsee.

Tethys likes this.
  16. mattis89

mattis89

Thanks man! Awesome with pp2 support:) bouyancy?

17. dogmachris

dogmachris

Uhm... a buoyancy feature was added to AQUAS in v1.3. You can see it in action in the lake demo, but it's only a basic effect, not a sophisticated water physics system.

mattis89 likes this.
  18. mattis89

mattis89

It dosent say UPDATE in Unity...only import ... shouldnt it say update?

or download

NVM.. I fixed back the old store so now I can see it ..

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  19. dogmachris

dogmachris

The button next to import. Is it a blue Download button, not a yellow Update button?

20. mattis89

mattis89

NVM.. I fixed back the old store so now I can see it .. Thanks for quick reply touh =)

21. mattis89

mattis89

I got a bunch or errors when updating... something about post processing.. so I imported lightinthe box 2.7.1 ficed the errors but gave me new from lightinthebox because I need Unity 17.3.1.. so Importing project to it now...

22. dogmachris

dogmachris

Sorry, I can't follow. What error do you get? Also how is it related to lightning box?

23. mattis89

mattis89

Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_LensEffects.cs(93,22): error CS0102: The type `AQUAS_LensEffects' already contains a definition for `postProcessing'

Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_Parameters.cs(32,35): error CS0102: The type `AQUAS_Parameters.UnderWaterParameters' already contains a definition for `underwaterProfile'

Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_Parameters.cs(33,35): error CS0102: The type `AQUAS_Parameters.UnderWaterParameters' already contains a definition for `defaultProfile'

24. mattis89

mattis89

because it uses postprocessing stack v2. i dont know

25. cRUSh75

cRUSh75

I tried to update to PP V2 as well, but get the same errors

Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_LensEffects.cs(93,22): error CS0102: The type `AQUAS_LensEffects' already contains a definition for `postProcessing'

Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_Parameters.cs(32,35): error CS0102: The type `AQUAS_Parameters.UnderWaterParameters' already contains a definition for `underwaterProfile'

Assets/AQUAS/Scripts/AQUAS_Parameters.cs(33,35): error CS0102: The type `AQUAS_Parameters.UnderWaterParameters' already contains a definition for `defaultProfile'

For me it looks like I have PPV2 installed, but the check in the script of aquas might still consider both pp stacks to be available? But I removed the old one before installing the new one. Hmmm..

26. mgmhunt

mgmhunt

AQUAS_Gaia.cs is still looking for the old processing stack. So that integration hasn't been updated, not sure about others (are there others?!).

Following lines change will get a compile with V2:

Line 6: using UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing;

Line 384:

//Add and configure image effects neccessary for AQUAS
    if (camera.gameObject.GetComponent<PostProcessLayer>() == null)
    {
    camera.gameObject.AddComponent<PostProcessLayer>();
    }

This logic needs changing I think

AQUAS_AddDefine.cs

if (!symbols.Contains("UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V2") && Directory.Exists(Application.dataPath + "/PostProcessing-2"))

I've got version 2 installed but the folder is named "PostProcessing" as per the repository (ie actual code folder), so it assumed I've got V1 and wouldn't compile. Removed the V1 code for the meanwhile.

EDIT - OK I see the reasoning now for the PostProcessing-2 search, as the stuff inside the main folder for package manager etc. OK Think I'll reimport PostProcessing with whole structure rather than just the core code. So the above will work. (AQUAS_Gaia.cs still needs tweaks though)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    combatsheep likes this.
  27. tork12

tork12

I also got the same post processing errors,

Couldn't figure out how to fix, so had to go back to older Aquas version for now

28. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

I updated and now experiencing the same errors, deleted it and pulled the old one out of the recycle bin and reinstalled it. Everything right in my world ;)

29. mattis89

mattis89

yes it look that way for me 2 and I cant check that box to re import.. I cant really check anything than the pre checked when I hit the import button... but I dont know...

30. mattis89

mattis89

yea... I cant get the old one back but luckily I backed my project up...

31. mgmhunt

mgmhunt

@mattis89 @ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot @tork12 @cRUSh75

Those errors are probably caused by the Scripting Define Symbols (ie the precompile is including both lines, those errors happened to me).... is your PostProcessing folder called "PostProcessing-2" ie the exact folder name of the -entire- repository download? Check Edit>Project Settings>Player ... Scripting Define Symbols and whether it includes both UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V1 and UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V2.. it should only include one.

Or wait for a patch...

transat, StormchaserZA and cRUSh75 like this.
  32. dogmachris

dogmachris

@mgmhunt You're right, the error is caused by the scripting define symbols.
    I didn't realise, that people might download only the folder that contains the code, that folder would then have the same name as the old pp folder.

@mattis89 @ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot @tork12 @cRUSh75
    For the time being, please import the entire repository folder that is named "PostProcessing-2", not only the inner folder that is named "PostProcessing", that should work for now.

Meanwhile I'm going to look for another way for AQUAS to distinguish precisely between PP stack v1 and v2 and upload asap.

33. dogmachris

dogmachris

@mgmhunt I just submitted a fixed version. Once it's out you should be able to either import the whole repository folder or only the PostProcessing folder that's inside.

34. mattis89

mattis89

well it didnt help to change aquas post processing folder to post processing-2 ... and it didnt help to delete define symbols post processing stack v1....

35. mattis89

mattis89

and it dosent matther if I delete unity post processing stack v1 from scripting define symbols. because aquas is obviously forcing it to appear back!!!!!

d1favero likes this.
  36. dogmachris

dogmachris

Try this for now:
    Delete the post processing folder completely from your project. Then import the entire repository folder from github, that is called "PostProcessing-2", not only the "PostProcessing" folder that is inside.

It's a bug, I haven't forseen - sorry about that - I've already submitted a fix for that, but it won't be until monday or tuesday before it goes live.

37. mattis89

mattis89

do you mean I should delete the post processing folder thats inside aquas folder?

38. cRUSh75

cRUSh75

Yes indeed, I now redid everything and put the whole Postprocessing-2 folder into my assets folder. But this still leads to having AQUAS_Gaia.CS throwing errors, that the PostProcessingBehaviour cannot be found. So it looks like it is not fetching the PPV2 there.

I will try to work around this by adapting the changes mgmhun suggested, until there is a fix available. btw: awesome asset!

39. mattis89

mattis89

yes i got that too.... i think im gonna give up....

40. mattis89

mattis89

yea okay so nowvwhen ppsv2 kinda works.. it start to throw Aquas_gaia errors.....?

41. cRUSh75

cRUSh75

Now you can do like mgmhunt suggested some posts above. Replace about line 384 (somewhere there, search for the remark), with this code:

//Add and configure image effects neccessary for AQUAS
    if (camera.gameObject.GetComponent<PostProcessLayer>() == null)
    {
    camera.gameObject.AddComponent<PostProcessLayer>();
    }

With the V2 PostProcessing the PostProcessLayer has been introduced, there is no Post Processing Behaviour anymore.

42. mattis89

mattis89

in aquas_gaia.cs?

43. cRUSh75

cRUSh75

Yep, exactly

44. mattis89

mattis89

Error CS0246 The type or namespace name 'PostProcessLayer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

45. dogmachris

dogmachris

@mattis89 I'll fix the Gaia integration with PP stack v2 later today and submit it. If you want, I can send you the files I have updated for the fix, so you can import them as soon as they're done, before the update goes live.
    In that case just send me a PM with your invoice number.

@cRUSh75 @mgmhunt @tork12 @ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot the same of course goes for everyone else in the same situation. ;)

46. mattis89

mattis89

Everything looked like S***... going btw back to 5.6.4p4.... I will keep Aquas as it was... waiting for stable patch.. this is too much twitching around...

47. mattis89

mattis89

do you fix the pp2 stack too not just the gaia error ?

48. dogmachris

dogmachris

Everything. I will also be happy to give you live support via Skype, if you're still having issues then - I will get this working for you no matter what! ;)

Hawk0077 and mattis89 like this.
  49. mattis89

mattis89

thanks ☺️ does aquas support 2017+?

50. dogmachris

dogmachris

I have tested it with up to Unity 2017.3.1 with no issues.

mattis89 likes this.