Search Unity

Question Anyone know how to learn unity Multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by unity_tlv1IB9XIAbbtw, Sep 13, 2021.

1. unity_tlv1IB9XIAbbtw

unity_tlv1IB9XIAbbtw

I have been using Unity for almost a year now and I'm currently trying to make a multiplayer game. I can't find any tutorial that it easy to understand. Help plss!

2. qbvbsite

qbvbsite

There's no one tutorial to make a multiplayer game, multiplayer games are not for the faint of heart. With that said I'm sure we could help point in the right direction if you could provide some details of the game you are hoping to create. I'm currently writing a blog on creating a 2D RPG/MMO that might have some resources that might be helpful (https://forum.unity.com/threads/creating-an-isometric-2d-rpg-mmo-ongoing-series.998851/). It's not a tutorial by no means but does cover a lot topics to do with making a multiplayer game.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Choose a networking API, and search for tutorials on that specific networking API. MLAPI is the current official Unity supported API. Mirror seems to currently be the most popular, and since it is a fork of Unet most older Unet tutorials will apply to it with just a change to the "using" lines you put at the top of the scripts, which means you'll find the most tutorials for it as well going back several years.

Good luck!

qbvbsite likes this.
  4. unity_tlv1IB9XIAbbtw

unity_tlv1IB9XIAbbtw