Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

another $249 for you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SupaPuerco, Oct 30, 2005.

1. SupaPuerco

SupaPuerco

well, i bit the bullet and bought unity indie. as i see it, this heralds a new era in the gaming industry :D. anyways, i saw other people post this, and i figured i might as well too

p.s. i can register this on 2 computers, correct? because i plan to use it on my powerbook now and then also install it on my G5 when it comes on monday which contains a legitimate graphics card

2. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

Welcome aboard...

Yes, your registration is good for installing on 2 machines

3. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Yeah, for me Unity appeared out of nowhere from some magical dimension as the killer app I've been waiting for... And thank cheeba it's for the Mac. No need to say that so many times you find a great app that is Windows only. This is built for the Mac and Maya is the preferred importer! And Maya scenes import perfectly without too much tweaking.
    I'm using the trial version right now and once it expires I'll almost certainly buy it (the only reason I'm delaying is because I'm still hurt that I bought Torque a couple of days ago and I have to come to terms with the $100 loss).
    I only have one suggestion for the Unity team... If you could lower the Indie License to $199.00 that would bring a lot of fence hangers on board. I think $200 is a price point that many more people would dive into. $249 is very good though and as someone who has been waiting for this app buying it is a no-brainer. This could become the de facto web 3D game platform rivaling Flash for web content. Keep it up and please don't get bought up by Adobe... at least in the near future.